ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I saw STONED on the shelf at my local vid shop Return to archive
29th August 2006 12:54 AM
Paranoid_Android I chose not to rent it tonite...any thoughts???
29th August 2006 04:34 AM
FotiniD Rent it. It's good enough - I like the Morocco scenes best.
Could have done a better job portraying the rest of the Stones, but it gives you a fair idea of how messed up Brian's world was.
29th August 2006 04:39 AM
egon i say don't rent it, cos it's pretty crappy
29th August 2006 04:44 AM
Altamont just download the thing, that's about what it's worth. I liked watching it but I doubt i ever would again./

http://www.mininova.org/tor/384294
29th August 2006 07:20 AM
Jair Hey, I didnt see it yet too and I'm not looking forward to. I saw it the shelf more than a month and.. fuck it. I didnt like the characteres...too fucking sixties!!!

30th August 2006 01:49 AM
gorda I rented it at Hollywood Video when it first came out. I was not impressed. I think that the movie can be quite confusing for people that do not know the background story.

Also, the music was okay. But, it needed Under My Thumb, even Keith has said that Brian's marimbas make that song.

I think the movie would have been more successful, if it had included some of the better known songs such as "Satisfaction" and "Paint It Black". Also, if they had used the original recordings!

Also, making the characters state some of the lyrics in the dialogue was just . . . stupid! I know it was meant to be this deep, philosophical whatever, but it was just stupid!

Also, I seriously doubt Brian's employee would have done him in!

No, Brian killed Brian.

30th August 2006 04:09 AM
FotiniD I'm still waiting for the large-scale Holywood Stones movie, ala "Doors".
30th August 2006 04:15 AM
Altamont
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm still waiting for the large-scale Holywood Stones movie, ala "Doors".

Who do ya think would play the roles of the Stones?
30th August 2006 04:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Who do ya think would play the roles of the Stones?

Now that's a tricky one

May sound like a far fetched one, but I think if Brad Pitt was a few years younger and dropped a few pounds, he could pull off Mick's part.

And after seeing Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow, I'm 100% he can act the original as well With the right make-up work too and if he gets a little skinnier...

Damn, I'm not even halfway through casting and I'm running out of ideas. But that's why I don't work in a casting agency! I'm sure they can come up with the right ones for the parts...

This movie has practically written itself, for crying out loud. What are they waiting for?
30th August 2006 04:35 AM
not bound to please
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Now that's a tricky one

May sound like a far fetched one, but I think if Brad Pitt was a few years younger and dropped a few pounds, he could pull off Mick's part.

Hey Fotini!

I agree. For some reason they were touting Brad as Brian - and it made no sense. He does look like a young Mick.

Stoned is worth renting - a train wreck - but an interesting one on many levels.

30th August 2006 11:39 PM
Olivie62 rent it. Its showed what the 60s was really like, i loved it. Leo gregory pulled brian off perfectly
30th August 2006 11:43 PM
gorda Actually, ladies, there is this one scene with "Keith" and "Brian" that is worth renting the movie for . . .

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)