ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Almanac Predicts Unusually Cold Winter (NSC) Return to archive
28th August 2006 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Almanac Predicts Unusually Cold Winter

Associated Press
Monday, August 28, 2006; Page A05

LEWISTON, Maine -- After one of the warmest winters on record, this coming winter will be much colder than normal from coast to coast, according to the latest edition of the venerable Farmers' Almanac.

The nearly 190-year-old almanac, which says its forecasts are accurate 80 percent to 85 percent of the time, correctly predicted a "polar coaster" of dramatic swings for last winter, editor Peter Geiger said. For example, New York City collected 40 inches of snow even though it was one of the warmest winters in the city's history.

This year, predicts the almanac's reclusive forecaster, Caleb Weatherbee, it will be frigid from the Gulf Coast all the way up the East Coast.

But it'll be especially nippy on the Northern Plains -- up to 20 degrees below seasonal norms in much of Montana, the Dakotas and part of Wyoming, he writes.

And, he says, it'll be especially snowy across the nation's midsection, much of the Pacific Northwest, the mountains of the Southwest and parts of eastern New England.

Last winter was the fifth-warmest on average in the lower 48 states. Forty-one states had temperatures above average, according to the National Climatic Data Center. That reduced energy demand by an estimated 11 percent, it said.

This year's retail edition of the Farmers' Almanac is the biggest ever, at 208 pages. It includes traditional charts on astronomy, average frost dates, and planting and gardening calendars. It also has the usual down-home features and cornball humor.
28th August 2006 03:15 PM
pdog
28th August 2006 03:17 PM
Some Guy Pug has dropped the ball.
28th August 2006 03:18 PM
sirmoonie The Tour is a bust, depressing sales, humiliationism.
28th August 2006 03:19 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Cute Kitty !

28th August 2006 06:32 PM
Jair You better believe, man. Down here in South of Brazil the winter is awful this year. Its the worst in many years, maybe decades, oh God, centuries?!

Seriously: all I know I cant stand any longer this fucking cold, rain, a bit of snow and also, the fucking wind.

See, my dog cant take a shit properly, I spent several minutes walking the dog and he cant poo because the wind. What you think I should do to solve the problem, walking the dog into a gymn? Fucking winter. I fucking dont know wehy he cant take a shit if is windy...

Now my hands are already freezing and about 9 pm I have to go to bed and sleep like a drunk bear cuz you cant get do anything, except stay under the coverlets like a clown wathing the fucking tele.

Then, tommorrow morning, you think the weather will be okay but no, its the same fucking shit and, again, here I go walking the dog, cuz he have to pee. Fuck!

28th August 2006 06:34 PM
MrPleasant I can't stand the heat in México. You guys are lucky.
29th August 2006 01:00 PM
jb not interested at all.
29th August 2006 01:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
not interested at all.

SOME GIRLS
29th August 2006 01:16 PM
Joey " See, my ...... cant take a shit properly, I spent several minutes walking the dog and he cant poo .... "

Shiver ...........................

***** END TRANSMISSION ********
29th August 2006 01:33 PM
Jair
quote:
Joey wrote:
" See, my ...... cant take a shit properly, I spent several minutes walking the dog and he cant poo .... "

Shiver ...........................

***** END TRANSMISSION ********

Goooooood afternoooooon, Jooooeeeeey!
29th August 2006 02:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:

Goooooood afternoooooon, Jooooeeeeey!

Good Afternoon Jair .
29th August 2006 09:16 PM
Jair
quote:
Joey wrote:

Good Afternoon Jair .

Humm...You are sounding so serious...Whats wrong?

29th August 2006 09:39 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Jair wrote:

Humm...You are sounding so serious...Whats wrong?

please don't arouse Joey...

31st August 2006 07:46 AM
Jair
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

please don't arouse Joey...

Why not?
Please, wake up, lazy Joey!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)