ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Im Converted Return to archive
September 2nd, 2005 06:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I just saw a dvd called ladies and gentleman. Now I had never seen it before and the only other time I had watched Mick Taylor live was on gimme shelter which isnt really a raw music show is it.

Basically I was so impressed with Taylor and I can now understand why so many people sing his praises. His soloing was some of the best music I have ever heard the stones come up with. Especially on tracks like Dead Flowers and Gimme Shelter.
Now Im still a big Ronnie fan, But you have to give Taylor his due. That boy can Play!
September 2nd, 2005 08:32 AM
gimmekeef Yes he "could"......
September 2nd, 2005 08:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Whats wrong with him now apart from being 30 years older. Can he still roll?
September 2nd, 2005 08:56 AM
gimmekeef Those that have seen him recently have reported a noticeable decline in his playing.Course he was so good he had a long way to slide.I'm sure he still thrills and I saw him with the Stones live several times and yes he could smoke 'em....
September 2nd, 2005 01:43 PM
bitotas I saw him some years after he left the Stones, playing with John Mayall, it was an awesome show.

To me, he's one of the few, together with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Warren Haynes, who's amazing skills are used to serve the soul they put on their music.

I recently got hold of a copy of "Time Waits For No One", recorded at The Radio 192 Studio's, on November 24, 2001. It's an accoustic session with Erwin Nyhoff on vocals.
It has an amazing version of "Time Waits For No One".

I think that I saw a torrent of this at Dime.

PM me if you can't get it.
September 2nd, 2005 02:05 PM
stonesmik
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Whats wrong with him now apart from being 30 years older. Can he still roll?

Nowadays you can roll him...
September 2nd, 2005 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Can he still roll?

As long as the roll has some Arby's Sauce on it ...
September 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM
glencar LOL He prefers Mickey D's...
September 2nd, 2005 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL He prefers Mickey D's...

No , he is on record ( circa 1987 ) as saying that , " there is nothing finer than an ' Arby Q Value Meal ' with EXTRA Sauce " . Word !

Snarky ! ™
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)