ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please please me Return to archive
September 1st, 2005 08:14 PM
Riffhard Has anyone here ever heard the boot of Keef covering PPM by the Beatles? It is funny as hell. Bob Gruen(the Stones longtime photographer)gave a friend here at my station a copy of many Keith studio outtakes from the late seventies-early eighties. One of them is a two minute improvised version of Please please Me. Right as Keith gets to the bridge of the song he say's,"Another horrible Beatles bridge. I'm not gonna do it." He then proceeds to play the bridge anyway,after which he plainly says,"I coulda written a much better one."

It is just a very funny little view into Keith's world. It's just one more reason that the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band in the world. Way better than,oh say,the Black Crowes,or any of the other pretenders.

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 08:20 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Bob Gruen(the Stones longtime photographer)gave a friend here at my station a copy of many Keith studio outtakes from the late seventies-early eighties.

that sounds absolutely killer!!!

so when is this source going up on our tracker..? you are gonna share, right..?
September 1st, 2005 08:26 PM
Riffhard Bro I would love to share,but alas,I have no skillz. I am absolutly clueless as to how to go about posting tunes online. If you can somehow give an easy 1,2,3 lesson I'd be happy to post it.

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 08:37 PM
mac_daddy what os do you use..?

osx or window$
September 1st, 2005 08:40 PM
Riffhard
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
what os do you use..?

osx or window$

Windows. Some of the stuff is from The Honeymoon Tapes,but alot of the tracks I had never heard before.

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 08:42 PM
lotsajizz the version I have is from the Voodoo sessions....I think it can be found on Voodoo Residue? or is it Stew?
September 1st, 2005 09:01 PM
mac_daddy yes some of it is on stew, or brew, or residue...

maybe gruen just made a keef mix from various boots...

____

riffhard -

use eac to rip the disc to your harddrive

use flac to convert the files from wav > flac

use torrentspy to make the torrent to uplod to our tracker

use abc or bit comet to connect to the torrent as a seed to start sharing...

(a google search for the programs above will pop up the links)
September 1st, 2005 10:19 PM
T&A the version in question here is on Voodoo Brew...
September 1st, 2005 10:38 PM
Soldatti The version on Voodoo Brew is very funny, I didn't hear the other one.
September 1st, 2005 10:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
T&A wrote:
the version in question here is on Voodoo Brew...

Well there ya go then. As I do not own Voodoo Brew I was unaware of this. Gruen did put some other stuff on this disk that is clearly not from the VL sessions though. I have some of them on The Honeymoon boot,but many are clearly not from either of these releases. Some are from the Black and Blue sessions,and Some Girls era stuff. Very rough to be sure,but it is good to have the chance to kind of be a fly on the wall so to speak.

Hey anybody got VB and VS they feel like burning poor ol' Riffy?

Riffhard
September 1st, 2005 10:53 PM
glencar Hey I have a boot called KR: Learing The Game which includes a non-funny version of PPM. But it ahs many obscure things. Mac, if you don't ahve it PM me & I'll cut you a copy. That tech stuff you're talking is beyond my pay grade although I might give it a whirl.
September 2nd, 2005 03:20 PM
Jair
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Hey anybody got VB and VS they feel like burning poor ol' Riffy?

Riffhard

Hey there, if you doesnt get a copy from some mate closer than me (I am in Brasil), just let me know. I'll burn you copies from both, no problem.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)