ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fats Domino, Irma Thomas amoung those missing in New Orleans... Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 1st, 2005 10:55 AM
The_Worst Very sad....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168122,00.html
[Edited by The_Worst]
[Edited by The_Worst]
September 1st, 2005 11:02 AM
Saint Sway Stones should honor them with live versions of:
Time Is On My Side (Irma Thomas)
Aint That A Shame or I'm Walkin (Domino)
September 1st, 2005 11:05 AM
Jumacfly hope one of the genius of New Orleans is ok too: the great Allen Toussaint...
September 1st, 2005 11:06 AM
Nasty Habits New Orleans is one of the musical hearts of this country. That litany of missing musicians is heart breaking.

September 1st, 2005 11:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
New Orleans is one of the musical hearts of this country. That litany of missing musicians is heart breaking.

correct..it's quite hard to imagine a life without NO's sound...
September 1st, 2005 11:18 AM
Cocaine Eyes Oh, my heart is breaking.
September 1st, 2005 11:20 AM
Joey

I am quite visibly shaken to the core .
September 1st, 2005 11:29 AM
Saint Sway in case there are any fans of The Radiators on this site... I just want to pass on that they all made it out OK. But obviously the next few weeks shows will be cancelled. They are refugees right now but hope to regroup and play there Cali shows in mid - Sept

for those that dont know... The Radiators are a wonderful New Orleans band that has been playing its own special brand of rootsy rock and swamp funk for over 28 years. They have opened for the Stones many many moons ago and cover a wide wide range of Stones songs. Stones are in their sets every night.

if you get a chance to catch any of their Cali shows later this month, you should do so. I'm sure they will be quite memorable.
September 1st, 2005 11:29 AM
Steel Wheels Oh my God.

I hope they are found alive. This is very sad and upsetting news.

September 1st, 2005 11:38 AM
glencar They should kick the likes of Maron5 off the tour & hire these people instead, if they're still alive.
September 1st, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Oh my God.

I hope they are found alive. This is very sad and upsetting news.

I just barfed
September 1st, 2005 11:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As far as I remember when Curtis Amy passed away Merry Clayton returned to New Orleans, hope she's well
September 1st, 2005 11:44 AM
Gazza This is beyond hideous
September 1st, 2005 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should kick the likes of Maron5 off the tour & hire these people instead, if they're still alive.

great idea!!

I'm sure they could find a spot - even as a 3rd opener - for N"Orleans bands. And then donate a procede of tix to a relief fund.

I'd love to see Dr John or the Nevilles or the Rebirth Brass Band or the Meters or The Radiators or The Dirty Dozen Brass Band or Little Feat or hopefully Fats Domino or.... any New Orleans act over this pop crap they currently have opening the shows right now. Especially if it was tied into a good cause.
September 1st, 2005 11:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should kick the likes of Maron5 off the tour & hire these people instead, if they're still alive.

great idea glencar,indeed!
September 1st, 2005 12:06 PM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
glencar wrote:

I could not agree more. The Stones should recruit all/any of their idols from the Delta and give them work, now!! It would be good for the fans, too. For once I'd see the opening act!!
September 1st, 2005 12:10 PM
jaggergurl saying prayers for New Orleans and all of the gulf coast...

*Angels beating all their wings in time...with smiles on their faces and a gleam right in their eyes...*
September 1st, 2005 12:19 PM
gimmekeef Sure puts the little problems about set lists in proper perspective huh?...What a human tragedy...Hope the Stones and all us fans can do something meaningful to help in any way.
September 1st, 2005 12:20 PM
Steel Wheels I've LOVED everything I'd ever heard from Fats Domino. What a brave family man he is. He loves family, music, New Orleans, and to read of this just blows my mind.

This is very sickening to learn he is among the missing.

All those old cats from the South are hopefully safe. If not, this is really going to shake up the music world.

Much love, much love!
September 1st, 2005 12:25 PM
LadyJane I am overwhelmed with sadness....the news just keeps getting worse and worse.

I can't even blame people for doing everything possible to get out....put yourself in their shoes.

Pure survival mode......heartbreaking.

LJ.

September 1st, 2005 12:30 PM
glencar I have a distant relative who lives in Pass Christian. That's along the coast in Mississippi. Their home had some wind damage but no water damage. LI hasn't had a hurricane in several years. Thank God!
September 1st, 2005 02:20 PM
Child of the Moon The severity of all of this really sunk in last night when I was skipping thru news channels. My god... it's just a wasteland out there. My condolences go out to those who have lost so much, and my thoughts are with the living and the missing, especially Fats and Irma.

First London, now this... the world seems to be rebelling against us.
September 1st, 2005 02:26 PM
Steel Wheels http://neworleans.craigslist.org/laf/94763888.html

From Domino's family...
September 1st, 2005 04:44 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/laf/94763888.html

From Domino's family...

The post was removed, Steel Wheels. What did it say (if I may ask)?
September 1st, 2005 04:50 PM
Poplar
it gets worse by the day. just disgusting.

1-800-HELP-NOW
(American Red Cross)

September 1st, 2005 05:04 PM
Moonisup if it's fats domino, it's sad,
if it's a father of 2 children, that's just a as sad

I hope that there is enough food. I think it's strange I have to say this. Enough food, the US? come on Government, give N-O all the help they need!!!
and I think it's awfull to see people stealing from other peoples houses, so sad. If it's clothes, or food in a Wall mart, I can understand that, but tvs??
[Edited by Moonisup]
September 1st, 2005 05:19 PM
The_Worst This whole situation puts things into perspective... All day long I've had this song going through my head, especially the last verse...One way or another, someday, I am 100% confident the city will be back better than ever!!!

LIFE GOES ON

by Raymond Douglas Davies

A friend of mine just had a real bad time.
You see, his life was shattered and he lost his mind.
His girl ran off along with his best friend,
And through emotional stress he brought his life to an end.
It was such a tragedy,
But that's the way it's got to be.
Life goes on.

Life goes on.
It happens ev'ry day.
So appreciate what you got
Before it's taken away.
Life will hit you
When you're unprepared,
So be grateful and take all
That you can while you're there.
Get that frown off your head,
'Cause you're a long time dead.
Life goes on and on and on.

No use runnin' 'round lookin' scared,
Life could get you when you're unaware.
One day it's gonna come, so you better accept it.
Life will hit you when you least expect it.
And one day when you are gone,
You know that life will still go on.
But no one'll care if you've been good, bad, right or wrong.
Life will still go on.

My bank went broke and my well ran dry.
It was almost enough to contemplate suicide.
I turned on the gas, but I soon realized
I hadn't settled my bill so they cut off my supply.
No matter how I try, it seems I'm too young to die.

Tornado, cyclone and hurricane
Can batter the houses with the thunder and rain.
Blizzards can blow; the waves hit the shore,
But the people recover and come back for more.
Somehow the people fight back, even the future looks black.
September 1st, 2005 07:34 PM
JumpinJackFlash FATS DOMINO IS ALIVE AND WELL, JUST ON THE NEWS, RESCUED.
WAY TO GO SHU RAH.
September 1st, 2005 07:36 PM
glencar Thank God! I can' believe we have refugees in THIS country now. Bizarre.
September 2nd, 2005 05:04 AM
Gazza Irma Thomas also located - she escaped in time to Baton Rouge

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168254,00.html#1
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)