ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the 'red candle' header Return to archive
September 1st, 2005 08:54 AM
Lazy Bones It paints a picture of hurt, sympathy, misfortune and condolences. We're all thinking about and praying for those touched by 'Katrina'.

Very appropriate, Trinity! Hats off...
September 1st, 2005 11:51 AM
Saint Sway "sometimes I wanna light a candle for ya"
September 1st, 2005 12:38 PM
Tom Thanks trinity
September 1st, 2005 12:55 PM
the good Very nice of you guys. May the light shine on New Orleans once again...
September 1st, 2005 01:25 PM
thejuf rightly done so. this is so touching...

our hearts go out to everyone affected....
September 1st, 2005 01:26 PM
kath unbelievable tragedy. new orleans no longer exists. all the history, the antebellum mansions, the jazz clubs...gone.

very appropriate header, thanks guys!!
September 1st, 2005 01:28 PM
glencar Is that how cities in other eras disappeared?
September 1st, 2005 01:28 PM
FPM C10 I've never been to New Orleans - always meant to go, of course; it's a spiritual home for ANY musician or music-lover - I always figured I'd get around to it next year. Now it's gone. If it's rebuilt (and the operative word seems to be "if") it will never be the same. America's funky, strutting, party town has been destroyed and abandoned - ABANDONED - and a huge part of my soul and America's soul and EVERYONE'S soul is gone. Music started playing in my head yesterday, kicking off with Billie Holiday's version of "Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans", followed by Dr. John, the Nevilles, and every fonky saint and sinner who immortalized the Big Easy in song - every movie set in New Orleans, like my favorite movie, "Down By Law" - this stuff all became mythology this week.

Now Fats Domino and Irma Thomas are reported among the thousands missing. Allen Toussaint is in the Superdome.

And it was no terrorist plot that dealt us this blow. Nobody we can invade to avenge this.

I'm reminded of the scene in "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas" where the lawyer tries to snort cocaine in a convertable going 100 mph and it all blows away.

"Look what GAAAAAAAD did to us."

September 1st, 2005 01:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is the right header Voodoo. Good job.

I posted this on the Hurricane thread, but it seems apporopos here too:

>Well, I'm on the volunteer list at. Now I just wait for a phone call. I'm supposed to pack light, and be ready to go at a moments notice. My bag is packed and sitting beside the garage door.

The call could come within the hour, or days, or weeks. No one knows when, or even if, we are going. I just hope I get to say goodbye to my wife and kid before I have to go. They won't be home for several hours yet. I don't want them to find out by a hastily scribbled note that I went to the Gulf Coast and may be gone for weeks or months. I talked to my wife about it last night, but I don't think she thought that it would really happen.

I was also informed that if I go, I'll be doing double duty. Communications and EMS. I'm not looking forward to the EMS part. That's gonna be hard. That's the up close and personal part. Hands on stuff. I still gotta get a grip on that part.

I much prefer communications. I'm better at that. But the thing about communications is that means for communications must be functional for us to operate. Right now people have no way to communicate to the outside world. Phones, cell phones, radio, all power is out. It's gotta be chaos right now.

But I gotta go if I can help. I mean, how can I not go? I couldn't look at myself in a mirror ever again if I didn't put my name on that volunteer list. But I have to be honest and say that the prospect of heading down there is....well....scarey. Seeing those pictures on TV, and thinking that I am probably going to end up in the middle of it makes me nervous. I think, "Am I good enough?" "Am I trained enough?" "Can I really do this?"....it's unsettling. But there is only one way to find out, and that's to go find out.

Anyhow, if I end up going, I'll try to shoot off a post real quick before I leave. And I may have a floor seat for MSG on the 13th to get rid of. But I'm holding on to that ticket until the last possible second.<
September 1st, 2005 01:54 PM
Lazy Bones You're a good man, Marc.

Another shining light in the RO army.
September 1st, 2005 03:25 PM
bitotas An image that says it all.

It makes me proud to be in this board.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)