ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I want a #1 record in America Return to archive
August 31st, 2005 11:09 PM
Poison Dart I don't care if you don't want a #1 in America. I sure as hell want A Bigger Bang to go to #1.

Is there any chance that they can sell more records than Kanye West in his second week of sales?

How many records sold will it take to go to #1 in America?
How many albums will West sell in his second week of sales?

If West sells say 600,000 his first week it is likely he will sell around 315,000-350,000 the second week. Can the Stones top that?

I want a number 1 in the USA.
August 31st, 2005 11:33 PM
Dan Jeezus is that what the kids are buying these days? I don't really care who is buying what next week. When they say they are going to release a deluxe DVD edition around Christmas then I gotta wonder what releases are going to totally rule around the holidays. Did the new Ren And Stimpy DVD set come out yet? WHat the hell am I gonna want for Christmas by then? Another cruel cynical joke they tried to put right in my face when there are so many other concert tickets and CD/DVD releases on the way.
August 31st, 2005 11:42 PM
Soldatti This week the US #1 album sold 100,000 copies, Aug. 23 was the right date, the Stones would be easily at #1 today. Another bad move from Virgin, the same happened with 40 Licks. Wrong release dates.

Kanye West will sell between 800-850k the first week, and half of that the second week. I don't think that ABB will get more than 200-250k the first week, my prediction now is #3 bucause 50 Cent will sell a lot too.
August 31st, 2005 11:48 PM
Dan At this point it doesnt matter who is #1 next week. Its always flukes and one hit wonders who have higher chart positions than the Stones. None of them (other than Elton John in 94) have consistently held high chart positions throughout an extended period of time. The Stones legacy has nothing to do with whatever arbitary method Billboard is using to calculate ranking on their charts.
August 31st, 2005 11:58 PM
glencar Stones drop off pretty quickly after the first 2 weeks.
September 1st, 2005 12:02 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
This week the US #1 album sold 100,000 copies, Aug. 23 was the right date, the Stones would be easily at #1 today. Another bad move from Virgin, the same happened with 40 Licks. Wrong release dates.

Kanye West will sell between 800-850k the first week, and half of that the second week. I don't think that ABB will get more than 200-250k the first week, my prediction now is #3 bucause 50 Cent will sell a lot too.

Release dates shift around from week to week. There's no sure-fire of pegging an album to a soft sales window.
September 1st, 2005 12:21 AM
Poison Dart Do you think West will sell that many?

I don;t think he's in the same league as 50 Cent or Eminem. Also I don't think the 50 Cent Reissue will do that well. It's nowhere near the top ten at Amazon.
September 1st, 2005 12:45 AM
glencar Kanye is currently #1 at amazon.com. ABB is #6.
September 1st, 2005 12:50 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Do you think West will sell that many?

From HitsDailyDouble:

"Fans Flock to Retail to Grab Up the Follow-up to Kanye West’s 2004 Breakthrough.
The college dropout has graduated magna cum laude, with early returns of Kanye West’s just-released Late Registration indicating the album will reack up a first-week tally north of 800k, with a real shot at 850k."
September 1st, 2005 01:09 AM
CraigP I agree with Dan. It's always the one-hit wonders but they "will never compare to the stones'legacy". Then again, who really cares... I've never heard of Kayne West untill now. Is he a country singer?
September 1st, 2005 01:10 AM
glencar Hip hop/R&B. Don't know if he's any good but probably not.
September 1st, 2005 08:15 AM
Lazy Bones Status has never interested me. The only copy I'm concerned about is mine.
September 1st, 2005 08:26 AM
gimmekeef Gee against 50 cents huh?....We're fucked...lmao...Watch out though with all the marketing going on with NFL/NASCAR etc this album is goin to have legs...First because it has many strong tracks ans as tour progresses we'll see just how great this album is.Remember the true test of a Stones song is how it sounds live...ABB may not make any #1's but I predict it will be their biggest seller of all time...
September 1st, 2005 08:28 AM
egon " I want a #1 record in America"

I just want the record!

September 1st, 2005 02:00 PM
jb Kayne West has make some very strange statements......
September 1st, 2005 02:04 PM
glencar So have you. What's yer point?
September 1st, 2005 10:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
egon wrote:
" I want a #1 record in America"

I just want the record!

LOL, I want the same!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)