ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: well I saw the inflatable tongue... Return to archive
August 31st, 2005 02:08 PM
Saint Sway well after all my bitching about the Stones recycling the use of inflatables during HTW - I finally got to see it with my own two eyes at Hartford - and I have to say that THEY HAVE ACTUALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES.

yes Sir Mick.

THAT IS THE GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

it looks like Malibu's Barbies beach ball. Its all lime green w/orange flowers. ITS THE GAYEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE.

its does not belong onstage w/the Stones. IT MUST GO!

look - as much as I bitch about how lame it is to have inflatables at a rock concert - I'll be willing to settle for the classic red tongue. But this fruity tongue has got to go!!
August 31st, 2005 02:11 PM
winter So Saint Sway, how was the show?

wintah
August 31st, 2005 02:13 PM
beer What did your sign end up saying?

Also, did they play any Black Crowes songs?

-
August 31st, 2005 02:14 PM
J.J.Flash ...there could be the inflatable cock again......
August 31st, 2005 02:15 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

it looks like Malibu's Barbies beach ball. Its all lime green w/orange flowers. ITS THE GAYEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE.

lol....my friend calls it the scooby doo tongue;
cheesy does begin to describe it....
August 31st, 2005 02:25 PM
Saint Sway the show was great. As always.

they are playing at the best I've heard them play in many years. And I thought that Keith's playing from the b-stage on was one of his best performances I've ever seen of him. He played possessed. Lots of fire in him still.

but they played NOTHING that I hadnt already heard. I'm still REALLY enjoying the new songs - they rock. GUSU was great again. Was psyched for ADTL - as its one of my top 5 favs and I cant get enough of it. Satifaction was good on the b-stage. Happy to have OOC back - as they perform it great. Sypathy was outstanding as always. Ruby Tuesday was a nice surprise but like the rest of the set its a song that I've heard over and over again.

I dont think I'll hit another stadium show if the set lists stay the same for them. And I'm hoping the arenas will be different sets.

oh... and one more thing....
THE GAY LOOKING GREEN & ORANGE INFLATABLE TONGUE IS THE LAMEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE!!!

just embarrassing.
August 31st, 2005 02:32 PM
glencar Relax. It's only out there for a few seconds. It's not like it's gonna turn You gay or something, right? Right?
August 31st, 2005 02:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
...there could be the inflatable cock again......

the inflatable cock was silly. But a lot cooler than this. At least it pissed of the establishment.

whereas there is nothing threatening or dangerous about the Scoobee Doo tongue. Its just very very Disney-them park looking. It does not belong onstage with the WGR&R band.

its more embarrassing than the Harlem Shuffle video
August 31st, 2005 02:55 PM
Lazy Bones LOL...lose the tongue and they're down to 69 trucks!
August 31st, 2005 03:27 PM
kath i have to admit when i saw the tongue i couldn't believe my eyes. what the hell were they thinking???
August 31st, 2005 03:28 PM
glencar Am I the only one who likes a little tongue???
August 31st, 2005 03:35 PM
kath well, certainly not, glencar!!!
[Edited by kath]
August 31st, 2005 03:53 PM
glencar Jes checking!
August 31st, 2005 04:58 PM
Jumacfly this is the new tramway of my gay town !!
yes it is!!

August 31st, 2005 07:12 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

its more embarrassing than the Harlem Shuffle video

NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING, IS MORE EMBARRING THAN THE HARLEM SHUFFLE VIDEO.

Oh yeah, except Mick's Dancing in the Streets video with David Bowie.

Wintah
August 31st, 2005 07:35 PM
glencar There's been much heresy around these parts lately.
August 31st, 2005 07:41 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
well after all my bitching about the Stones recycling the use of inflatables during HTW - I finally got to see it with my own two eyes at Hartford - and I have to say that THEY HAVE ACTUALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES.

yes Sir Mick.

THAT IS THE GAYEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

its does not belong onstage w/the Stones. IT MUST GO!

look - as much as I bitch about how lame it is to have inflatables at a rock concert - I'll be willing to settle for the classic red tongue. But this fruity tongue has got to go!!

Well, isn't Pride Week around these parts anyway? LOL
August 31st, 2005 08:02 PM
Soldatti
quote:
winter wrote:

NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING, IS MORE EMBARRING THAN THE HARLEM SHUFFLE VIDEO.

Oh yeah, except Mick's Dancing in the Streets video with David Bowie.

Two words: Let's Work!
August 31st, 2005 08:23 PM
Maxlugar Is this worse than The Cage? That to me is the stupidest one yet.

August 31st, 2005 08:38 PM
texile let's work - lol...................
shudder.
August 31st, 2005 08:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

LOL!
I love you even if you're 26% gay.
[Edited by The Village People]
[Edited by pdog]
August 31st, 2005 08:46 PM
winter
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Two words: Let's Work!

Soldatti,

You just brought back some awful memories that I had suppressed. I feel like an alterboy in psychotherapy.

Why, why, why?

wintah
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)