ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new Stones rereleases on shelves NOW!.... Return to archive
August 30th, 2005 10:15 PM
Bloozehound I was in super walmart today picking up new set of bubba teeth and some air filters and I noticed in the music section they had a display with all the newly rereleased versions of the Stones virgin catalog cds all in matching slip covers

Anyone know if these are newly remastered versions that might sound better than those specially packaged ones that virgin released in early the 90's ?

even though I own them all, it was very tempting to want to buy a fresh 2005 copy of Sticky or Exile to jam out too on the way home
August 30th, 2005 10:24 PM
FPM C10 I think the versions you get in Super Wal Marts were re-recorded by slave labor in China, with all the naughty bits cut out (their Sticky Fingers is only 12 minutes long!) and Garth Brooks gets all the money.

That's what I heard in the liberal press, anyway.
August 30th, 2005 10:34 PM
White House Lawn I'm curious about these as well--I'd pick 'em up if they were, indeed, remastered!
August 30th, 2005 10:36 PM
GenUrsus Actually - I saw the same reissues at Tower Records today? What are these? They (Virgin cd's) are all labeled USA collection. Clever marketing?

Click here for the new Tattoo You cd slipcase.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AM6OLC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
August 30th, 2005 10:40 PM
ResidentMule somebody announced it here a couple weeks ago that a set of Virgin reissues were coming out on the 30th

so are these just the same jewelcases with an ulgy slipcase on them sorta like Jumpback a while back? I need a new Goats Head Soup anyway I was hoping to know what differences there were in this new set
August 30th, 2005 10:40 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I think the versions you get in Super Wal Marts were re-recorded by slave labor in China, with all the naughty bits cut out (their Sticky Fingers is only 12 minutes long!) and Garth Brooks gets all the money.

That's what I heard in the liberal press, anyway.

well it sounds like you better get your ass over to wal-mart and get your protest on
August 30th, 2005 10:47 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

well it sounds like you better get your ass over to wal-mart and get your protest on

I hear that Cindy Sheehan and her happy band of idiots are already on it Bloozy! Fear not Cindy is on the case!!

Riffhard
August 30th, 2005 10:52 PM
White House Lawn Jesus Fucking Christ--can't we have ONE fucking Stones-related discussion without getting into all the political bullshit?????
August 30th, 2005 10:57 PM
Larry Dallas When is Wal Mart rolling out the Oak Ridge Boys Remasters?
August 30th, 2005 10:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ--can't we have ONE fucking Stones-related discussion without getting into all the political bullshit?????

Lighten up Francis! It's a fucking joke see!

Riffhard
August 31st, 2005 12:35 PM
Saint Sway two words:

greedy bastards
August 31st, 2005 12:45 PM
J.J.Flash Well..... I won't certainly bother myself with those re-remastered stuff..... vinyls.... go for it!

"Rip the dust off your pickup Ronnie"
August 31st, 2005 01:02 PM
Lazy Bones I've seen the 'Canadian' (with Maple Leaf tongue) edition of Sticky Fingers.
August 31st, 2005 01:40 PM
egon i think we should buy them. all of them. that's what i think.
August 31st, 2005 03:39 PM
Jair
quote:
GenUrsus wrote:
Clever marketing?

Click here for the new Tattoo You cd slipcase.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AM6OLC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Damn right its just marketing!
Send me one as souvenir of America, pliz!

[Edited by Jair]
August 31st, 2005 03:54 PM
glencar Not sold in stores.
August 31st, 2005 07:46 PM
Soldatti I didn't hear nothing about this re-issues.
August 31st, 2005 07:55 PM
pdog
quote:
egon wrote:
i think we should buy them. all of them. that's what i think.

100% correct. These are actually the old CBS versions, and the tapes were run through water and then speeds were fucked up. BUY these anyway, it's the fucking stones.
I'm also selling all my old 1994 LTD. Ed. series to afford these new ones. I sent people postcards, so The exile version doesn't have those anymore.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)