ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jezuz!! What a great shot, it must be the cover of bigger bang
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: how's keith this tour? Return to archive
August 30th, 2005 09:54 PM
Lethargy For those who've seen a show so far, I have a question: how's Keith do far? As has been discussed quite a bit, Keith displayed quite a bit of deterioration on the last tour (for the first time in my opinion), more so than on the previous tours. He even started to flub up his classic riffs like the Brown Sugar opening (if anyone saw them at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco a few years ago you probably remember that one - it was embarassing).

So how's Keith doing this time around? Was the last tour an anomoly? I don't expect he'll be playing rythym again like he did in the seventies, but I'll settle for hearing him how hw as in the mid-1990s!
August 31st, 2005 12:30 PM
Saint Sway from what I saw in Toronto and in Hartford, I'm happy to report he's on fire. Playing with a lot of passion. The guitars are more turned up and the playing is more agressive. Less in the riffing but he's definately upped the searing Chuck Berry licks. He sounded great.

of course, he's no Rich Robinson these days. Keith definately has lost a bit of that nasty heavy riff sound with age. But he's still the man.
August 31st, 2005 12:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
For those who've seen a show so far, I have a question: how's Keith do far?

just to summarize my above review: Keith do far well.
August 31st, 2005 12:53 PM
CraigP I saw the first two shows of the tour at Fenway. Both nights Keith was better than the last three times I had seen him back in '99, '02 & '03. The backup singers and the rest of the 'circus' (as I like to refer to them as) were turned down volume-wise so Keith and Ron were more there. As I predicted, both Ron and Keith being louder in the mix would encourage them to play with more passion, knowing they are more in the frontline. Keith was playing so genuinely, unlike I have ever seen him live prior. I imagine '89/'90 were the last times he has been this glorious.
August 31st, 2005 02:10 PM
ListenToTheLion That's great news!
August 31st, 2005 02:41 PM
winter He's almost keeping up with Ronnie.

Winthah,

August 31st, 2005 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
That's great news!

|
|
|
|
V
August 31st, 2005 03:23 PM
glencar He looks weird but he's playing like the demon he is.
August 31st, 2005 08:49 PM
Lethargy So glad to hear your positive Keith review, Sway, b/c I know you wouldn't sugar coat it if he was sucking.

What about Ronnie?
August 31st, 2005 10:23 PM
Steel Wheels Ok, sounds like Keef is on the $$$. Great news, great news!
August 31st, 2005 10:27 PM
Bob Tamp He played solid at both Fenway shows. In Hartford he really turned it on, and played like one great motherfucker. Best stadium show I have ever seen the Stones give.
September 1st, 2005 04:26 PM
Cocaine Eyes He was burning up the house at the Phoenix Theatre!!
September 2nd, 2005 05:10 AM
gotdablouse So what was it with this report from Fenway II where he was said to be "out of it" ?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)