ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More Hendrix Return to archive
08-29-03 03:22 PM
Mother baby Hendrix Berkeley Show Headed To CD, DVD

The Jimi Hendrix clearing house continues as Experience Hendrix/UME has set an Oct. 14 release date for the CD and limited-edition double-LP "The Jimi Hendrix Experience -- Live At Berkeley (The Second Set)." The recording stems from a 1970 performance that has long been partially available on VHS; a DVD version of the concert mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound will be released Sept. 16.

The hour-long DVD draws material from the two sets of a May 30, 1970, concert played by the Experience at Berkeley, Calif.'s Community Theater. Staged less than four months before Hendrix's death, the show features the legendary guitarist augmented by longtime drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Billy Cox. Original Experience bassist Noel Redding had quit the band in June 1969.

Highlights of the film include performances of "Purple Haze," "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" and an extended take on Hendrix's Vietnam war epic "Machine Gun." Other cuts include a cover of "Johnny B. Goode," "Hear My Train a Comin'," "Star Spangled Banner," "I Don't Live Today," "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)" and "Lover Man."

The CD/LP release will feature the second set of the performance in its entirety, cutting "Johnny B. Goode" and "Hear My Train a Comin'" from the film version and adding performances of "Foxey Lady," "Hey Joe," "Pass It On (Straight Ahead)" and "Stone Free."
Billboard

08-30-03 01:03 AM
J.J.Flash Thanks Mother. A great pleasure to know that. In fact, I already heard something about it.
Is always good when they (the owners of this kind of material, on this case, the family of Jimi) allow us to delight our eyes and ears with jewels like that. I believe with no doubt that there are too many unseen images with good quality which unfortunately never will be released.
What do you think?
I would suffer a heart-attack if one day the full images of "Brussels Affair" in all its entirety could be released.