ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live @ Leeds Return to archive
08-28-03 05:12 PM
Mother baby A few days back I did a whirlwind trip through Walmart and grabbed a cassette thingy with earphones as I had to be on trhe road for a few days. I grabbed a few cassette tapes..one of which was Live At Leeds. Hadn't heard it in awhile, but that Moon/Entwistle rhythum section still sounds pretty good huh?
08-28-03 05:59 PM
stewed & Keefed yes I just bought it on cd. a great live band
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
08-28-03 06:00 PM
throbby "I said a young man ain't got nothin' in the world these days"
08-29-03 12:23 AM
mac_daddy The Who rips through fortune teller on that show - I fell outta my chair the first time I heard it. Awesome.
08-29-03 04:19 AM
Zeeta Ha! I listened to this last night with my head phones on! My mother still complained that it was too fucking loud!

"That's how loud my Who is!"

"£95" ..."I won't take under!"
08-29-03 07:53 AM
Jeremy Beadles Hand I haven't been able to listen to The Whosince all that business about Townsend being 'outed' as a paedo. It's completely tarnished my abilty to enjoy them.
08-29-03 08:42 AM
mac_daddy that's too bad, because Pete is innocent.
08-29-03 09:08 AM
L&A
quote:
Jeremy Beadles Hand wrote:
I haven't been able to listen to The Whosince all that business about Townsend being 'outed' as a paedo. It's completely tarnished my abilty to enjoy them.

JBH, if your house explodes tonight, prime suspect should be Joey
08-29-03 09:14 AM
mac_daddy good call Z. (and I agree with you, the band gives a great reading of Magic Bus during the Leeds performance).
08-29-03 09:45 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Jeremy Beadles Hand wrote:
I haven't been able to listen to The Whosince all that business about Townsend being 'outed' as a paedo. It's completely tarnished my abilty to enjoy them.

This time around I haven't paid so much attention to Pete anyway in the songs as I have Entwistle & Moon. I'm lost for the hyperbole.

08-29-03 10:03 AM
Jeremy Beadles Hand
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
that's too bad, because Pete is innocent.

Oh, I didn't know. That'll learn me for not getting all the facts. Sorry, I'm not judgemental by nature, I shall be sure to crank it up this evening!
08-29-03 10:19 AM
Joey

Pete and Roger are currently in the studio recording a new WHO Album .

Until then , please pick up the recently released " THE WHO LIVE at the Royal Albert Hall " ( Circa 2000 ) and nuzzle young Joey later .

" Slang Me Ronnie "

SKEE !

08-29-03 10:20 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Joey wrote:
Until then , please pick up the recently released " THE WHO LIVE at the Royal Albert Hall " ( Circa 2000 ) and nuzzle young Joey later .

Who was the drummer on that?
08-29-03 10:25 AM
Joey Who was the drummer on that?

The legendary ...........................Zacharia Starkey !

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Keith Moon Lives Ronnie "

J.
08-29-03 10:39 AM
Zeeta Hey Joey I found an Official Tommy Programme in my cupboard last night? Is it worth anything?
I don't know who went to see it in my family.

"mother, is there something going on between you and The Petey"
08-29-03 01:41 PM
Joey " I found an Official Tommy Programme in my cupboard last night? "

Dime - A - Dozen .

J.
08-29-03 01:53 PM
jb I like the who, and live at leeds is great, but the Stones at Leeds University blows this away.
08-29-03 02:08 PM
Joey

" I like the who, and live at leeds is great, but the Stones at Leeds University blows this away. "

YOU MAKE ME WEEP AND SHIT LIQUID ! -- WHY ?!?!?!