ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cash in hospital Return to archive
08-28-03 04:43 PM
nankerphelge NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Johnny Cash's (search) plans to attend the MTV Video Music Awards (search) were scuttled by his hospitalization for an unspecified stomach ailment. He was in stable condition Thursday.

"He's being held for observation and treatment. We expect to release him within a few days," said Baptist Hospital spokeswoman Jennifer Jackson. She said Cash had been admitted Monday.

Cash's manager, Lou Robin (search), said the illness was an "isolated incident." He said the country singer planned to go to Los Angeles next week to record a new album.

The 71-year-old Cash, whose hits include "I Walk the Line" (search) and "A Boy Named Sue," suffers from autonomic neuropathy, a disease of the nervous system that makes him susceptible to pneumonia. He's been in the hospital several times in recent years.

His wife, June Carter Cash (search), died in May of complications from heart surgery.

Cash had planned to make the trip to New York for the MTV awards if his health allowed, Robin said.

Cash's video, "Hurt," a song about drug addiction written by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, received six nominations.

Robin said Cash would watch the awards show on television.
08-28-03 05:06 PM
LadyJane Speaking of the MTV VMA's, rumor has it there will be a special performance of "Like a Virgin" by Madonna, JLO and Brittney.

How appropriate!!!

I'm sure you boys will enjoy that little T & A show!!!

LadyJ.
08-28-03 05:25 PM
kath i heard mick taylor is gonna be there, too.
08-28-03 05:26 PM
LadyJane Good one, Kath!! LMAO

BTW...Love your avatar!!

LadyJ.
08-28-03 05:30 PM
kath thanks ladyjane....i like it too. seems to fit in here on rocks off....a MUCH different venue than shidoobee.
08-28-03 05:56 PM
Joey This will make him feel better .

http://www.weedshare.com/web/about.html

08-28-03 06:54 PM
throbby Johnny's version of "Hurt" was quite an intense listen to these ears. Thanks for the turn on SS.
08-28-03 09:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
throbby wrote:
Johnny's version of "Hurt" was quite an intense listen to these ears. Thanks for the turn on SS.

It's an even more intense eye assault. It's ridiculous that MTV still gives awards for videos, as they rarely play any, but if there's any justice "Hurt" will get video of the year. I never watch it without shedding tears.
08-29-03 10:29 AM
Joey " I never watch it without shedding tears. "

I never crap anymore without shedding tears .

Oh , and I am also starting to piss blood .

Shiver ...........................

Developing .................Right Now ACTUALLY !

JERCEE !
08-29-03 10:50 AM
steel driving hammer Last night they had a Rapper on saying that Johhny Cash has sung more about guns and violence more than any Rapper ever has!

I cannot stand Rap.
08-29-03 11:27 AM
Mother baby
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Last night they had a Rapper on saying that Johhny Cash has sung more about guns and violence more than any Rapper ever has!

The guy is full of shit...excuse making via finger pointing.
08-29-03 03:07 PM
Mother baby

Cash Misses VMAs, Plans to Attend CMAs
Fri Aug 29,11:02 AM ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Johnny Cash (news) could not attend the MTV Video Music Awards because of a stomach illness, but his manager said the country music legend plans to attend the November's CMA Awards.

Manager Lou Robin said Cash regretted being stuck in a Nashville hospital instead of enjoying the show Thursday at New York City's Radio City Music Hall, but will be out of the hospital in the next few days.

"He's doing very well, planning to go to Los Angeles the first week of September to finish his album with producer Rick Rubin," he said.

The Country Music Association ceremony will be at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville Nov. 5.

"All things being equal, he will certainly be there because once again he is flattered by the choice that everyone has made, or the voters have made, about his music," Robin told The Associated Press.

Cash's video for his rendition of the Nine Inch Nails Song "Hurt," won one moon man for best cinematography. It was nominated for six different awards.

[Edited by Mother baby]