ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Astoria review Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-29-03 03:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot No MB, football is ALWAYS on topic.

08-29-03 03:41 PM
Mother baby Oh well. That's cool with me. But I wonder if there's any interest in the Women's World Cup which is coming up right off. Can Mia & Co pull it off twice in row?
08-29-03 03:49 PM
macawber add this up...there are two {2} guitar players on 99.9 percent of exile and sticky fingers,one is keith richards and the other is mick taylor-

would you consider the guitar playing on these records:
a.average
b.above average
c.excellent
d.the best fucking rock and roll you've ever heard

nasty habits wrote-"does that make mick jagger a great guitar player"

yes,if he played the lead on "cant you hear me knockin" or the slide on "all down the line" he would be considered a great guitar player.

08-29-03 04:35 PM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>...did I miss something?<

No, same ol' story.

Still waiting for a certain Patsy fan to pay up for the bet we made on pro football....LAST season. Considering pre-season is now over, and the new season is about to start...I think I've been fairly patient...no?

Yes, you have....and I forgot about THAT. I thought I REALLY missed something on my end, lol...
08-29-03 06:34 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
macawber wrote:
add this up...there are two {2} guitar players on 99.9 percent of exile and sticky fingers,one is keith richards and the other is mick taylor-

would you consider the guitar playing on these records:
a.average
b.above average
c.excellent
d.the best fucking rock and roll you've ever heard

I'm going with D. And it IS because of the unreal guitarwork of RICHARDS & TAYLOR.
08-29-03 11:50 PM
lonecrapshooter It's interesting that after a closer reading of Mathijs' review there is a glaring lack of detail, but rather just thoughts he was having and thoughts the band was allegedly having based on "his" perceptions. Well, Marthijs, if the Stones are that bad now, I feel very fortunate to have seen 8 friggin' fantastic shows last fall. In fact, I am now treating myself to a bootleg you don't have which is my very own taping of Harftord. Man, it's smokin'. Oh well, I sense your not interested. Please give more substantive reviews in the future. That's assuming you ever see them again.
Page: 1 2 3