ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto Concert- Masks With Stones Logo Return to archive
08-27-03 10:37 PM
mickmask Did anyone see the people wearing the masks with the Stones logo on them at the Sarsstock show in Toronto? If so what did you think? Here's a picture of us that appeared in the Taipei Times.

http://taipeitimes.com/News/world/photo/2003/08/01/0000060177
08-28-03 09:55 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mickmask wrote:
If so what did you think?

Distasteful. I thought it was a mockery of something that claimed many lives, worldwide.

I think the last thing people wanted to see was a reminder of the pain SARS brought to Toronto.
08-28-03 10:01 PM
mickmask I appreciate your comments but in no way was it meant as that. You are the only person that we know of to feel that way. It was meant in the spirit of the day. It was a very simple association between the Stones and the reason for the show. We spent the entire day having our picture taken, hand shakes and hugs. A woman even said what a great idea it was and said she wanted one for work. I asked where she worked. She replied... North York General as a nurse. Enough said. Peace.
08-28-03 11:58 PM
Lazy Bones I think you're taking this a little personal. You asked for thoughts about the mask not about the "spirit" of the day or what your purposes were.

The idea and even the graphic generation was brought to light on Shidoobee a month or two before the show.

And, by the look of the replies, I guess I am the ONLY one that feels that way.

If you didn't want opinions, well, I guess it's too late to say don't ask, now isn't it?!

Next time I'll form my opinions to that of area nurses. I didn't realize that because one particular nurse liked them, everyone else had to..?

I apologize for answering your loaded question.

One of Donato's cartoons in the Toronto Sun even portrayed Mick wearing a "Stones mask". It wasn't a new concept. Still, I didn't find it amusing, cool or whatever other opinions you were hoping for. Imo, of course!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
08-29-03 12:09 AM
mickmask I am not taking it personally and said that I appreciate your opinion. I don't want people to think that we where being disrespectful to Toronto and worst of all the victims of this disease. Thank you for your opinion.