ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why M Taylor didn't play..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-28-03 12:15 PM
jb yes-vodoo posted it and added a little color...it's like the oil on giffilta fish....
08-28-03 12:26 PM
Joey " it's like the oil on giffilta fish.... "

Is that like a " Seder Plate " ???????

Speaking of Cedar Plates , last night mine contained a rack of Baby Back Pork Ribs in a smooth Carolina Honey Sauce surrounded with Asparagus and corn on the cob .

Oh , and a bottle of Rodney Strong Cabernet ' 99 .

What ?!??!? Oh , sure :

www.RodneyStrong.com

JACKY !

08-28-03 05:48 PM
McQueen Mathijs-priceless.

Loved it!
08-28-03 06:58 PM
Dan I'm fat.
08-28-03 07:01 PM
kath yeah, me too. but hey...i'm about as FUCKIN JOLLY as you can get, do YOU HEAR ME?? JOLLY GODDAMMIT...JOLLY!!!!

oops...sorry...better go take my medicine...
08-28-03 07:01 PM
Dan I think the REAL reason Taylor didn't play is because he isnt in the band anymore. Jeez, all this howling over his absense is quite amusing though. Repeat your wishful thinking over and over again and it reaches rumor status. Never heard anything even close to official that Taylor would join the STones at Astoria, or even Twickenham or Wembley for that matter. Anyone expecting it despite any official announcements to confirm it is just setting themselves up for a dissapointment.
08-28-03 07:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Boomy wrote:
And I don't think we should be getting into which country is fat or not. Just because you don't have McDonald's doesn't mean you can't gain weight!!!

1. Countries aren't fat, people are fat;
2. We do have McDonald's (and Burger King, and KFC, and Sbarro and all others) in Holland and almost every other country in the world;

Taylor is a fantastic guitar player and I'm glad I had the chance to see/hear him and meet/chat with him in Paris '98. I heard a total of about 13 minutes from 3 songs tonight thanx to Mark and it sounded great, I wish I'd been there!!! I just love blues-rock.
08-28-03 09:28 PM
KeithRichards210 Since when does "fat" affect a guitarist's skills?
08-28-03 09:29 PM
nankerphelge When he loses his guitar in his gut!

That's when!
08-28-03 09:34 PM
Boomy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

1. Countries aren't fat, people are fat;
2. We do have McDonald's (and Burger King, and KFC, and Sbarro and all others) in Holland and almost every other country in the world;

Taylor is a fantastic guitar player and I'm glad I had the chance to see/hear him and meet/chat with him in Paris '98. I heard a total of about 13 minutes from 3 songs tonight thanx to Mark and it sounded great, I wish I'd been there!!! I just love blues-rock.

Well, you know what I meant.
08-29-03 12:16 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
When he loses his guitar in his gut!

That's when!

Uh-oh...another battle of the Taylorites vs. the Woodiots!
08-29-03 12:54 PM
jb Shidoobee reported that allegedly MT did not show up for the sound check and that is why........
[Edited by jb]
08-29-03 01:10 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
allegedly MT did not show up for the sound check

why?? was he too out of it on fat??
08-29-03 01:12 PM
jb Don't know SSIA-but it seems rather odd to blow an opportunity over food.
08-29-03 01:16 PM
steel driving hammer Isn't Keys is fatter than Taylor?

I know Bobby has Diabetes.
08-29-03 01:18 PM
jb he looks like he definitely lost weight this tour....
08-29-03 02:30 PM
Mother baby
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:
Since when does "fat" affect a guitarist's skills?

Well it never seemed to hinder Leslie West that much. But I believe he shed most of it now.
Page: 1 2