ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The mysterious Voodoo tour Return to archive
08-26-03 05:04 PM
hmps I was wondering.. is there any official video release on it? if so, which show is it?

What's the best sound/performance boot from it?

by the way.. i've heard something about a vcd type of thing that you could buy .. but maybe that's past now.

yeah yeah..

thanks anyways.. have a good one!
08-26-03 05:08 PM
nankerphelge There is an official release of the Giant's Stad show
08-26-03 05:26 PM
voodoopug there is also an official dvd release of the Miami show (most of it at least, they cut out about 7 songs i think)

08-26-03 09:55 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
There is an official release of the Giant's Stad show

This wasn't an 'official' release.
It was marketed thru the souvenier catalog only.
08-27-03 08:07 AM
John Wood I was an official release, and was also sold at shows. This I know as I bought mine in Toronto at the Skydome show in Dec. 94.
08-27-03 08:10 AM
nankerphelge The one I am talking about is an official release. Maybe there is an unofficial release as well, I don't know.
08-27-03 09:45 AM
jb There was nothing mysterious about that tour other than their inability to play heartbreaker or Rocks-off at even a marginally competent level.
08-27-03 09:59 AM
Jumacfly the most myterious thing about that tour is the Whoopi Goldberg introduction ...a very low opener !
IMO the worst tour ever...i ve seen my first Stones show in montpellier with Dylan ,i was so disgusted by the quality of the sound and the performance of the boys !! VOODOO BOOOHH!!!
08-27-03 10:22 AM
Boomy Last night on MTV2 the Stones beat out Avril Lavinge to have there video of Start Me Up from the 94 or 95 MTV Music Awards played. BTW, sounded horrible.

I thought, "There is no way the STones will beat Avril on this damn channel..", but they did!!
[Edited by Boomy]
08-27-03 10:45 AM
jb very surprising....
08-27-03 01:58 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
John Wood wrote:
I was an official release, and was also sold at shows. This I know as I bought mine in Toronto at the Skydome show in Dec. 94.

If it was truly 'official', it could have been bought at any video store in the land.
08-27-03 02:03 PM
voodoopug i bought mine at Best Buy a couple of years ago along with at the max, and Bridges to babylon live dvd
08-27-03 02:04 PM
jb It's a "g" thing.
08-27-03 02:06 PM
voodoopug like a chicken wing on a string! nuthin but a g thang
08-27-03 02:34 PM
Boomy IT's the rat-a-tat-tat that ass...we got money, and honies, and all that shit..

Sippin' on gin and juice...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind..
08-27-03 10:34 PM
Navin Quite liked the Giant's Stad show...very well shot and edited...also great version of 'Street Fightin' Man'
Liked it more than the official Miami show...the tracklisting is different, though and both are good.
08-28-03 07:04 PM
Dan I bought my Giants Stadium video at the MGM Grand gift shop a few days before they played there! I watched it without sound at home because I wanted to see what the show looked at but wanted to be surprised by the setlist when I saw the shows at the Rose Bowl a few days later.
08-29-03 07:38 AM
UGot2Rollme I was at the Miami show (day after Thanksgiving, Joe Robbie Stadium)and I thought it was very good. Guest appearances by Bo Diddley (Who do you love), Robert Cray (Stop bringing down) and Sheryl Crow (Live with me). I believe only the Cray performance made the video. Very hot version of Satisfaction.
08-29-03 02:37 PM
jb I too was at that show...it rained a little before but cleared up. Before "satisfaction" Mick said something like here "here's a new one"..it was played at about midway through the show and was quite good. I thought "Rocks-Off" was dreadfully slow....the best part of show was the 'accoustic set"...