ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at home, Richmond August 1976
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Tours Return to archive
08-21-03 04:34 PM
Ben Smith 1973 (Don't know how this could be ranked near bottom...)
1981/82
2002/03
1989/90
1997/98

1975-76 (sound/drug influence too much...they sound too out of it the entire tour...)

-BS
08-22-03 02:46 AM
Beatle Neil Easily the North American november 1969 tour for me....and my view is that 'Liv'r than you'll ever be' is THE ultimate live Stones document above all, and I'll say it again - is also the reason I ain't played the plasticated overdub-ridden 'Get yer Ya-Ya's out' in about 4 years or so.
And don't intend to ever again. If that was meant as a 'beat the boots' package then it failed big time.

I couldn't agree more about the 1975/76 shambles. The general sound it has, everything....diabolical.
I don't collect live '75/'76 boots now.
I believe support act Lynard Skynard wiped the stage with them at Knebworth 1976...is that correct?
As a title for an officious....er, sorry, official live LP, 'Love you live but never play you coz yer shit' is a little long, I guess....
08-22-03 11:55 AM
jb Beatle Neil.
08-24-03 05:07 AM
Egbert Yeah maybe Skynyrd did blow the Stones off the stage at Knebworth '76 (as their redneck drummer alleges on the VH1 program) - but the Stones were getting it done way back when the Skynyrds were growing their first pubic hairs. Nothing against LS, but I'd like to see 'em blow the '69 or '72/'73 Stones off the stage. Good Luck!
08-24-03 09:47 AM
hotlicks GOATS HEAD SOUP UK TOUR(1973)-WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON THE GLASCOW GREENS PLAYHOSE GIG.
08-28-03 10:19 PM
Beatle Neil Thankyou JB.
A most informative post. Fascinating.

Always one, isn't there.........
What's your problem now, sonny?
Need someone to tie your laces for you again?
Hope having to learn how to spell my name didn't traumatise you as much as having to type the word you hate the most - the name of my favourite band....you know, that crap band I love whose lead guitarist recommended your favourite band to Decca records after their own success kicked the door open for your favourite band, (Yes, the same guitarist that attended the Brixton academy show)You know, that crap band who wrote your favourite band's 2nd hit, sang backing on 'We love you' and worked alongside your favourite band never to clash in the charts....need I go on?

JB - Mr."How to win friends and influence people" himself.
The very same.
A walking inspiration to us all.
A most popular character.
Bursting with personality.

So, who or what are you gonna be hating tomorrow, then?

JB, You truly are pathetic.
And I already instinctively know that there isn't a single person reading this who doesn't agree with me.
Go and get your personality disorder checked out before you start taking your social inadequacies out on me.
It's not my fault that you have absolutely no reason
to own a telephone or an address book.
08-28-03 10:36 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Beatle Neil wrote:
JB, You truly are pathetic.
And I already instinctively know that there isn't a single person reading this who doesn't agree with me.

Neil while jb doesn't need me to come into bat for him - i must say your staement is incorrect - i for one don't agree with you

for the most part i find jb to be hilarious - and feel it's those that don't get the joke or are offended by his comments who are, if not "pathetic", then over sensitive or lacking a sense of humour or living in an irony free zone
08-28-03 11:21 PM
parmeda
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Neil while jb doesn't need me to come into bat for him - i must say your staement is incorrect - i for one don't agree with you

for the most part i find jb to be hilarious - and feel it's those that don't get the joke or are offended by his comments who are, if not "pathetic", then over sensitive or lacking a sense of humour or living in an irony free zone

SIA...ya beat me to it!

Beatle...jb is one of those that you either 'love or hate' types. You're entitled to your opinion, I'll give ya that...but IMO, SIA hit the nail-on-the-head with his observation.

08-29-03 01:08 AM
Madafaka 1981/82 Was the best tour in my opinion. They were like... What I can say that... A little "raw"