ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

FleetCenter, Boston - September 3, 2002
AP Photo/Winslow Townson
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: meeting stones Return to archive
09-01-02 09:17 AM
MICK JAGGER FAN
Has anyone in here met the stones before?
Does anyone know where the stones may be staying when there in chicago?
09-01-02 10:07 AM
parmeda
quote:
Has anyone in here met the stones before?

I have never had the pleasure...close, but no cigar.
quote:
Does anyone know where the stones may be staying when there in chicago?

99% of the time, The Ritz Carlton, off of Michigan Avenue.

Also, Mick is quite partial to The Art Institute (Michigan Avenue). He's been known to go there "after hours", without the public...Keith likes to hang out at Buddy Guy's "Legends" lounge, 'til the wee hours of the morning. Good luck trying to catch up with these two...
09-01-02 12:20 PM
Riffhard I had the pleasure of meeting Mick and partying with him for an entire drunken night.It was the wrap party for the movie FreeJack in Atlanta.He threw it at the place he rented in Buckhead(read,very exclusive richer than rich)in '91.A friend of mine was a production assistant on the set.
Mick was very cool.He has more charisma than any celeb I have ever met by far.He was wearing black leather pants and a purple silk Moraccan style shirt that hung down to his calfs.It was so rock and roll chic.Emilio Estaveze was there as well.Big deal.Jagger was constantly surrounded by people.He was like a bee hive with everyone,mostly beautiful girls,buzzing around him.
I finally got a chance to speak with him alone.I was rambling like a 13 year old school girl.I pulled out a slip of paper that I had always carried in my wallet.On it I written the line from Shine A Light that I use here as my little sign off.For some reason that line always "got to me".So I show it to Mick and he looks at me like I'm a freak.LOL!He did remember my name though,as later on in the evening he came up to me and asked"Steve,are ya having a good time then?"I was floored that he knew my name!Later I had to piss and all the restrooms were occupied by people who were making this strange snorting sound.Well,me being the southern boy I am,had no qualms with walking around to the back of the house and pissing outside.So I proceed to do just that.As I get around the side of the mansion I notice a group of folks sitting on the AC unit smoking chiba.One of the guys motions to me with a spliff.Again,being the southern boy I am,I did not want to offend or turn down a good time.I walk over a take the joint and lo and behold who is sitting on the AC unit?That's right,Mick Fucking Jagger!!So there you have it.A life changing moment and night in my life.I got to drink and smoke with Mick.I got his autograph and went home feeling like Cindefuckingrella!

Riffhard

PS-Now if only I could split a bottle of Rebel Yell with Keef!
09-01-02 04:46 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Hell of a night Riff! Is that the Buck'ed in Atlanta?
09-01-02 04:48 PM
Child of the Moon Ah, only in my dreams have I met the Stones. For an entire summer, I had nothing but dreams about jamming with Mick Taylor and Keith. Brian Jones makes a lot of appearances, as does Jagger.

Now THERE'S thread to start - how many and what kind of Stones dreams have you had?
09-01-02 07:17 PM
Soul Survivor I have met the Stones! I have the picture if anyone wants to see it. How do I post pics in a message>
09-01-02 07:31 PM
Scot Rocks Nice one Riffard, what an experience that must have been, the only thing u gotta do now is share a few bottles of Jack D. with Keef!!!! lol

Mark
09-01-02 07:51 PM
Gazza met charlie in Amstedam in '95..

he was "vey vey drunk.."
09-01-02 07:59 PM
cwatts07644 met charlie and keith at the bloe note in newyork
got both autographs
09-01-02 08:00 PM
cwatts07644 sorry i meant blue note

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road