ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

FleetCenter, Boston - September 3, 2002
AP Photo/Winslow Townson
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will 40 licks enter the charts in the top 10? Return to archive
08-31-02 02:35 PM
Poison Dart The Beatles 1 collection got to #1
McCartney's Wingspan entered at #2
Aerosmith's greatest got to #4
Elvis seems likely to enter the top 10 with his 30 greatest

So where will the Stones enter the charts?
08-31-02 02:42 PM
Moonisup They will enter it, but it won't last long I think!
08-31-02 04:06 PM
Soul Survivor If they promote "Don't Stop" right, it will have a good chart rating.
08-31-02 04:57 PM
Soldatti I Am Soldati, but I don't find my password, now I am Soldatti...

But, Of Course what "Forty Licks" will enter at top 10 (Top 3 for me), but if we look the numbers by the Stones in the 90's, is time of one good performance on the charts, look the numbers of the last decade:

1990 - Hot Rocks (UK No.3 / USA re-chart No.174)
1991 - Flashpoint (UK No.6 / USA No.16)
1993 - Jump Back (UK No.16)
1994 - Voodoo Lounge (UK No. 1 (1wk) / USA No.2)
1995 - Stripped (UK/US No.9)
1996 - Rock And Roll Circus (UK No.12 / USA No. 92)
1997 - Bridges To Babylon (UK No.6 / USA No.3)
1998 - No Security (UK No.67 / USA No.34)

Forty Licks will be for me the most sold album of the Stones since "Tattoo You" (their last No.1 in the States).
08-31-02 05:13 PM
Moonisup I hope so tooo, but I don't think it won't, because the stones aren't great sellers!! I'd love them to top the charts, and I would be proud,
let's pray for it!
08-31-02 07:52 PM
sonicrock the single maybe the album i don t think so too many compilation already i think..
08-31-02 10:24 PM
Boomhauer Well, I think it will be good because I think younger and older people who don't have "Jump Back" and "Hot Rocks" will like the fact they can get Start Me Up and Satisfaction on one entire set (just using the the two songs as example).

08-31-02 10:51 PM
Shattered In the states "Stripped" debuted on the Billboard Top 200 at #7. Never went higher.

09-01-02 12:02 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I Am Soldati, but I don't find my password, now I am Soldatti...

what the fuck?
09-01-02 08:53 AM
egon think the last greatest hits (jump back) didn't sell well either, despite a huge campaign on radio+tv.

and that is not a bad album for the average "greatest hits" buyer.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road