ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

FleetCenter, Boston - September 3, 2002
AP Photo/Winslow Townson
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Pic ==> Eva Jagger Funeral Return to archive
08-30-02 11:38 PM
Soul Survivor It's *sob* touching............it really is. All of the members look kind of sad. It shows that just cuz your Keith Fuckin' Richards, youre not always a badass

4 more days! Well it's almost Midnight (where I live), so I might as well say 3
08-30-02 11:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy That one is really quite sad... very sobering... especially poor Mick, he just looks absolutely gone. Even Charlie's a little paler than usual.

-tSYX --- Raise your glass to the hardworking people...
08-31-02 12:00 AM
Soul Survivor And, look at Ronnie
08-31-02 12:03 AM
gypsymofo60 One of the few times I really feel for celebreties, and invasion of privacy; even celebs greive, and too have fucking cameras invading a time like that must be soul destroying.
08-31-02 12:05 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Charlie's looking right at the camera - he's not saying anything, he's just looking, straight at them.

Worth a thousand words.

-tSYX --- For his backbreaking work...
08-31-02 12:12 AM
gypsymofo60 Well! You know Charlie,(salt of the earth); one can imagine what he's thinking though_ something along the lines of"I'd like to cut their fucking heads off".....I concur Charles!
08-31-02 12:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
One of the few times I really feel for celebreties, and invasion of privacy; even celebs greive, and too have fucking cameras invading a time like that must be soul destroying.

I agree, however, to make the marathon original, I thought it would be a great header. We have had photos of studio sessions, gigs, concerts, portraits, parties, nudes, trials and tribulations and now a funeral, you can't complaint, it's original and I think cool, after all it's a rare caption, a state of mind for all at the same time.
08-31-02 12:26 AM
gypsymofo60 I'm not slagging you for displaying VOOD. I'm saying the original intent was wrong. It's your site, you can do with it as you please.
08-31-02 12:30 AM
Soul Survivor Keith is looking right at the camera too
08-31-02 12:36 AM
Martha Thanks for posting the shots VooDoo.
08-31-02 12:52 AM
parmeda
quote:
I agree, however, to make the marathon original, I thought it would be a great header. We have had photos of studio sessions, gigs, concerts, portraits, parties, nudes, trials and tribulations and now a funeral, you can't complaint, it's original and I think cool, after all it's a rare caption, a state of mind for all at the same time.

I have to admit that when I first glanced at the board this evening, I was intrigued by Voodoo's choice of a header. Reality sank in quickly...and I know I've said this, weeks ago, "They too, are simply men."

08-31-02 12:43 PM
scope My first thoughts on seeing the header were of shock and disappointment of displaying a sad picture a few days before joy hits the world again. Then in reading the thread here, the words of others opened my eyes. They are just men, and they feel pain and sorrow just like the rest of us. Kind of puts some things in perspective on the eve of the eve, of the eve of the start of STONES 2002. Rock on!
08-31-02 05:35 PM
Moonisup I think it took a lot of courage to post this!! I like the photos, it gives a look a the hard side of live, even the stones had them, and it remembers me of times when the stones music carried me through my hard times in life!!
Voodoo you've made a right choice!!! I lilke it!!

I hope that everyone has a nice weekendend2 more days for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rik
08-31-02 07:50 PM
sonicrock don t you think sometimes people shouldn t take photos??
08-31-02 08:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree, they shouldn't take it, but more, they shouldn't sell them at very high prices to some tabloids.

I repeat, the intention in this case was just to show a very special moment in the Stones life, in which they all are in the same state of mind at the same time.
08-31-02 09:48 PM
gypsymofo60 I'll tell you what's really good about this photo set up, it shows the unity within this group. When the media and all the other detractors are giving them greif about disunity, there they are at the funeral of a fellow band members mother.....I didn't think of that at first.
09-01-02 12:45 AM
Soul Survivor When people say the Stones worship the devil and all that shit.....show 'em this pic

If that don't shut them up, nothing will becaus epoor Mick looks like he's in tears
09-01-02 07:26 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
When people say the Stones worship the devil and all that shit.....show 'em this pic

If that don't shut them up, nothing will becaus epoor Mick looks like he's in tears

.....Do people honestly still think/say that shit?........Sympathy is totaly misinterperated, what's demonic about JJF?, Dancing W/ MR.D; The equivalent of satanic masturbation, I mean_ really! It's only rock n' roll....so rock n' LOL!
09-01-02 07:41 AM
stonedinaustralia gypsy60, don't mind soulie - he's heavily into form over substance - the important thing is not so much what the post says but rather the simple fact that the post was made

he has yet to come to grips with the artistic maxim that "less is more" but you can't help but be impressed by his fervour and lightning wit

all i can say is, thank god he changed his avatar before he launched his blitz krieg to achieve total domination of the message board
09-01-02 08:17 AM
gypsymofo60 StonedinOZ......Soulie's cool, in fact....I fink, 'es Ali_G wicked, yeah!
09-01-02 10:29 AM
parmeda Stoned...lol...I think you took the words right out of a lot of our mouths. Thanks, hon!
09-02-02 01:09 AM
Soul Survivor I feel like an icon
09-02-02 01:14 AM
rubytuesday I did not see the picture, but I think that the words VoodooChile and all of you have said were very true...

I couldn't find it on the archives, is there a place to view it?
[Edited by rubytuesday]
09-02-02 05:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check this thread, the pic is at the bottom http://novogate.com/board/968/110458-1.html

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road