ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Trees On This Tour Return to archive
August 31st, 2005 06:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man I know we have this bit-torrent thing going, but will there be any actual tress going on this tour?

The bit-torrent idea isn't ideal for everyone.
August 31st, 2005 07:04 AM
Gazza we will be treeing shows, yes

Best thing to do (IMO) is wait until we get a few of the BT shows up and running and then offer them via the old 'tree' system or B&P's as a group of shows, rather than just do one at a time, which is too time consuming to organise.

Whats also important to remember is that its not always the best idea to jump all over the first versions of shows that become available, because there are often different recordings of each show and the best one is not always the first to get offered

So far what we have is this

2 versions of Boston #1 - the first is the better of the two sound-wise, but has one song cut and a couple of flaws. I'm hoping the seeder will re-offer the 'unflawed' tracks. The second version of the show (torrented yesterday) is complete, but not as good sound as the first one. I'm hoping to get a third version of this show in the post soon, so I can check how it compares

Boston #2 - one version already torrented. Not particularly good and with some cuts. A second version will be torrented by the person who offered the 2nd version of the first show (if you follow me) in the next few days.

Hartford - havent seen a recording yet.

Ottawa - very soon.

In conclusion, dont panic. We'll offer the shows to anyone who wants them. However its best to sometimes wait a week or two to see what circulates and to try and make sure we get the best recordings we can. Theres not much point treeing a show in mediocre quality and then a week later an excellent version circulates
[Edited by Gazza]
August 31st, 2005 07:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks for the reasurance.

I think offering groups of shows is a great idea. Similar to what we did last time around with the Ace Of Clubs set.
August 31st, 2005 07:14 AM
Zack Thanks Gazza. I look forward to hearing a couple of samples while I save my dirham for Dubai next year. (Useless trivia: US$1 = 3.67 dirham)
August 31st, 2005 07:43 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ottawa - very soon.

Yum.
August 31st, 2005 08:35 AM
mac_daddy you know what would be great..?

if some of the regulars here, who ARE doing the torrent thing, organize and seed the trees...

i, for one, will not be doing any traditional trees anymore. that just before boston tree was a load i didnt need, and i still havent heard that the seed discs have arrived to the branches. i just dont have the time to burn piles of discs anymore. i was happy to do it, but it was a stopgap; i hoped that it would keep you in the loop while giving you guys time to figure out bit torrent. but now the time has come - you either figured it out, or you didnt. of course i will continue to seed stuff via bit torrent, but then it is up to those who are motivated to figure it out from there...

i know that gazza, charlotte and myself are VERY busy with the tracker, which seeds to more people than trees could ever possibly hope to reach. voodoo, jaxx, and gazza are busy moderating this board. i know there are some here who are still challenged by the whole bit torrent thing, or maybe you are just on dial up, etc. i dont know what to tell you, except that hopefully some other members around here will step up and offer to take B+Ps and vines and trees for you...

even that last tree, just before boston... more people downloaded it, by like 5x, then were a part of the tree. trees take a ton of time for the seeders, and they dont really distribute the sources except to a few people. i just wont do it anymore...

again, all this stuff will be available via bit torrent, and many regulars here have the bit torrent thing going. if you are looking for traditional trees, which are complete TIME EATERS for seeders, you had better hope that some of the other regulars step up and offer them. bit torrent is SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT than snail mail, and i just dont have the time to be messing with traditional trees anymore. i am almost positive that others share these sentiments...

i hate to say "i told you so," but i have been saying for YEARS that bit torrent is the future of distribution of this material. i have done everything humanly possible to help anybody who asked how to use the system. i am thrilled so many took advantage of that instruction, and to those that didnt, i dont know what to tell you, except that i know i am not going to be the one burning your cds...

this brings to mind what kesey and the pranksters used to say - "you are either on the bus or off the bus"

remember, bit torrent is open to everybody. we started the rocks off tracker to make sure of this. all you have to do is read the info that we have taken pains to post, and set up your computers. and for those that do not have broadband, hopefully the others that are just downloading, and not seeding any NEW sources to the community, can contribute by offering b+ps, vines and trees...

good luck.
August 31st, 2005 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
you know what would be great..?

if some of the regulars here, who ARE doing the torrent thing, organize and seed the trees...

i, for one, will not be doing any traditional trees anymore. that just before boston tree was a load i didnt need, and i still havent heard that the seed discs have arrived to the branches. i just dont have the time to burn piles of discs anymore. i was happy to do it, but it was a stopgap; i hoped that it would keep you in the loop while giving you guys time to figure out bit torrent. but now the time has come - you either figured it out, or you didnt. of course i will continue to seed stuff via bit torrent, but then it is up to those who are motivated to figure it out from there...

i know that gazza, charlotte and myself are VERY busy with the tracker, which seeds to more people than trees could ever possibly hope to reach. voodoo, jaxx, and gazza are busy moderating this board. i know there are some here who are still challenged by the whole bit torrent thing, or maybe you are just on dial up, etc. i dont know what to tell you, except that hopefully some other members around here will step up and offer to take B+Ps and vines and trees for you...

even that last tree, just before boston... more people downloaded it, by like 5x, then were a part of the tree. trees take a ton of time for the seeders, and they dont really distribute the sources except to a few people. i just wont do it anymore...

again, all this stuff will be available via bit torrent, and many regulars here have the bit torrent thing going. if you are looking for traditional trees, which are complete TIME EATERS for seeders, you had better hope that some of the other regulars step up and offer them. bit torrent is SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT than snail mail, and i just dont have the time to be messing with traditional trees anymore. i am almost positive that others share these sentiments...

i hate to say "i told you so," but i have been saying for YEARS that bit torrent is the future of distribution of this material. i have done everything humanly possible to help anybody who asked how to use the system. i am thrilled so many took advantage of that instruction, and to those that didnt, i dont know what to tell you, except that i know i am not going to be the one burning your cds...

this brings to mind what kesey and the pranksters used to say - "you are either on the bus or off the bus"

remember, bit torrent is open to everybody. we started the rocks off tracker to make sure of this. all you have to do is read the info that we have taken pains to post, and set up your computers. and for those that do not have broadband, hopefully the others that are just downloading, and not seeding any NEW sources to the community, can contribute by offering b+ps, vines and trees...

good luck.

I understand your points. However, as I stated above, the torrent thing is not ideal for everyone and I'm in that category. Firstly, I am dial-up and secondly, I have limited computer access full stop.

Gazza already said that there WILL BE traditional trees and I am very grateful to him for that. Maybe not as many as before, but at least it will give us less fortunate souls a chance to hear the shows.

August 31st, 2005 09:04 AM
Madafaka We could do the trees and the torrent thing too!
Don't worry, we will have the shows one way or another.

Any word about the TO Phoenix show?
August 31st, 2005 11:18 AM
egon "Trees On This Tour"

I thought this was a post about chuck...
August 31st, 2005 11:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I understand your points. However, as I stated above, the torrent thing is not ideal for everyone and I'm in that category. Firstly, I am dial-up and secondly, I have limited computer access full stop.

Gazza already said that there WILL BE traditional trees and I am very grateful to him for that. Maybe not as many as before, but at least it will give us less fortunate souls a chance to hear the shows.

It IS a pain in the arse to organise though, when you're busy with other stuff - although I'd imagine less people will sign up for them in future now that most people have access to bit torrents

Basically, I'm keeping them going solely because I realise there are people who dont have Broadband access for one reason or another, but for those who DO have it, you really SHOULD get into this bit torrent game because you basically will be able to have these shows within HOURS of them being circulated, not weeks or months, and you're not relying on a chain of people to do their bit. That first Boston show that was torrented on The Traders Den last week and which subsequently showed up on both our tracker and DAD was downloaded HUNDREDS of times within the first 24-48 hours. As of now, almost THREE THOUSAND PEOPLE have downloaded that recording (and thats not including those who subsequently downloaded the 2nd version of it!)

If at all possible, maybe someone else could help with tree structures and registrations because if I'm organising say, one tree a week, thats a lot of work over a tour that will probably run for around a year. Obviously I'd be happy to help distribute the discs (as will some of the others who have them via Torrents) to get them out to the seeders
[Edited by Gazza]
August 31st, 2005 11:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man They are all fair points Gazza and I agree with every one of them. I'm living with my parents at the moment and so natuarly, I'm using their PC. Untill my mother decides to opt for broadband, I'm stumped with such things as bit-torrent.

I certainly wouldn't mind helping to distribute shows, baring in mind that I don't have net access more than around three times a week, but like you said, more and more people are using bit-torrent now, so maybe the trees this time around won't be quite so much a pain in the arse!

I don't know, I'm sure something will be sorted.

August 31st, 2005 11:54 AM
pdog I'll offer up some B&P's here and there. I've sent out a few offers already. I do not like people who take advantage of my kindness, so don't go PM'n me and groveling. If you want a Tree, well those days may be gone. However, after I send out a few B&P's those people who can should offer up those copies for trades or B&P's if possible. If only a few people do that then those who can't/won't/don't BT, should also get copies. It should move faster than tress anyway like this. Trees are just to slow and too many flakes get involved.
August 31st, 2005 01:51 PM
marko Problem for me on torrent,is MY PC is in finish language.
While,all the infos on torrent are english.So,i think i would have translate everything,or am i wrong?

i have latest NERO on my Pc.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)