ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Keith Fall Asleep During "Streets of Love"? Return to archive
August 30th, 2005 01:21 PM
jcdesq Keith famously fell asleep during "Fool to Cry" when they played it live 30 years ago. Now what are the odds that he falls asleep during the awful, droning "Streets of Love?"

You cannot tell me he had anything to do with writing that dog. It does not have one single shred of Keith's signature on it.

As much as I love Mick, I think releasing "Streets' is just a way for him to get back at the public for ignoring "Goddess in the Doorway." He seems to desperately want an audience for his new songs, but can't get one when he makes a solo album full of "Mick-Lite" tunes.

By the way, "Wandering Spirit" is an amazing record, and I think Mick can still write great songs, as long as he ignores all popular trends.
August 30th, 2005 02:20 PM
glencar Wha-wha-what??? I just fell asleep reading your latest slag on SOL. Get a new schtick, my chick.
August 30th, 2005 02:35 PM
pujos maxima The bigger worry is what Ronnie will do. Probably try and fake some interest and try and get keef excited. Then when keef gives him a dirty look he will run off to Darryl and start waving his arms in the air with a cigarette in hand as if he is experiencing something mystical.

its always giveaway behaviour from ronnie and keef when mick makes them do something they aint got the slightest interest in.

keef did manage to survive "dont stop" when at times he looked less than happy with it.

you are assuming that Streets of love makes the setlist at some point...
August 30th, 2005 02:45 PM
Some Guy Streets Of Love will be bigger than Star Wars.
August 30th, 2005 02:51 PM
Joey "Keith famously fell asleep during "Fool to Cry" when they played it live 30 years ago. Now what are the odds that he falls asleep during the awful, droning "Streets of Love?"

You cannot tell me he had anything to do with writing that dog. It does not have one single shred of Keith's signature on it.

As much as I love Mick, I think releasing "Streets' is just a way for him to get back at the public for ignoring "Goddess in the Doorway." He seems to desperately ...................................*********************** JOEY NOW NODDING OFF AND IS GETTING SOME SERIOUS R.E.M. SLEEP THIS AFTERNOON AT HIS DESK *************** ......................................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sleepies ! ™
August 30th, 2005 02:58 PM
Jair

August 30th, 2005 03:02 PM
Starbuck joey!

i think of you and puggie every time i spin this classic:

keith nodding off during SOL...i like the song, but the idea makes me giggle!
August 30th, 2005 03:19 PM
glencar Now that looks old enough (the Decca stcker gives it away) that I'm assuming it meant "gay" in the old classic way of happy. Still, I bet it's a hoot to listen to!
August 30th, 2005 03:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Still, I bet it's a hoot to listen to!

I bet it is a hoot to crap to ! :

********* END TRANSMISSION ********
August 30th, 2005 04:25 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Keith famously fell asleep during "Fool to Cry" when they played it live 30 years ago.

According to Nick Kent, who shared with Keith a few habits, at the time. Among those, the telling of good tales. Not necessarily true ones, but entertaining. See also the legend about slipping on a frankfurt sausage in Frankfurt during a concert.
August 30th, 2005 06:31 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Streets Of Love will be bigger than Star Wars.

NOOOOOOO!!!
August 30th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Streets Of Love will be bigger than Star Wars.

LMFAO!
August 30th, 2005 08:10 PM
texile keith may been nodding out on a few tunes back in those days due to other things besides boredom....but he might just sneer his way through SOL;
August 31st, 2005 06:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man I’m going slightly off-topic here, but I really don’t think we’ll hear Streets Of Love on this tour. I don’t think we will hear more than the four they are playing already.

I can see a kind of “one off” show where they premiere a few other new tunes, but that’s it. Remember they did that on the Bridges To Babylon tour. There is a Madison Square Garden performance where they did Lowdown, Might As Well Get Juiced and the beautiful How Can I Stop. None of them were played again.
August 31st, 2005 07:40 AM
Bitch I'm getting tired of everyone dissing STREETS OF LOVE. It breaks down like this, people: the men hate it, and the women love it. It's a chick song, men can never like a song with the words WEDDING MARCH in the lyrics! But us women, we love to hear MICK sounding so emotional, and want to say, it's OK baby, come on over here and I'll wipe those tears away.....

Are you gettin it yet?
August 31st, 2005 08:24 AM
corgi37 I dont HATE SOL. The thing is, it just doesnt suit the album.
August 31st, 2005 09:14 AM
Zeeta
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Keith famously fell asleep during "Fool to Cry" when they played it live 30 years ago. Now what are the odds that he falls asleep during the awful, droning "Streets of Love?"

Dunno 'bout Keith but I nearly did!

It's not my type of song and it doesn't fit the album and the "awful..." lines are a bit nauseous let's face it.
August 31st, 2005 09:33 AM
Jumacfly Keith can fall asleep during SOl, I don't care, how many times did the crowd felt asleep during Sleeping Away on licks tour is the real question!
August 31st, 2005 09:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would just like it to be known that I think Streets of Love is a great song. I hope they play it when they come my way
August 31st, 2005 09:38 AM
Jumping Jack Half the audience will fall asleep. The other half will take a piss and get another beer, LOL!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)