ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alicia Keys does "Wild Horses" Return to archive
August 30th, 2005 12:04 PM
Mel Belli Alicia Keys has resurrected "MTV Unplugged."

"I've always been a very big fan of the show and when they stopped doing it I was like, what happened to 'MTV Unplugged?' I specifically went in there and said we have to do an 'Unplugged,'" Keys told AP Radio.

Keys' appearance on the show — a 1990s favorite that featured artists performing acoustic, bare-boned sets — will be a group effort. Mos Def, Common and Damian Marley will be her guests, as well as Maroon 5's Adam Levine.

"Adam Levine and I remade the Rolling Stones' classic 'Wild Horses' and it is right up my alley, that whole style" Keys said. "It has a style of its own but still stays very true to the classic arrangement and I love it."

Keys' version of "Wild Horses" is piano-driven instead of guitar-driven, a fact that didn't keep her from almost snagging another special guest.

"Keith Richards said he wished he could be there to play guitar," she said.

Keys' "MTV Unplugged" episode airs Sept. 23 and will be released as a DVD in October.

August 30th, 2005 12:12 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
"Keith Richards said he wished he could be there to play guitar," she said.

LOL...with Mick's dick on slide guitar??
August 30th, 2005 02:01 PM
texile i love keys - now i love her more......
August 30th, 2005 02:06 PM
glencar Yuh but Adam Levine? BORING!
August 30th, 2005 02:13 PM
texile agree there glencar - that guys got the pipsqeakiest voice ........but with such a rock star-wannabe attitude;
sad.
August 30th, 2005 02:13 PM
glencar He was just so blah as the opener the other night in HFD.
August 30th, 2005 07:39 PM
Soldatti She's different from all the rappers around. I repect her.
August 30th, 2005 08:06 PM
texile yes soldatti - she has beauty and class.....
i can't wait to hear her do the stones;
August 31st, 2005 04:55 AM
maumau IanBillen is right
and she's a great musician
First time i listened to L,IND i thought of her and, believe me, this is a praise to mick and his songwriting
August 31st, 2005 06:16 AM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Soldatti wrote:
She's different from all the rappers around. I repect her.

Soldatti. Our good man. Keys isn't a rapper Soldatti. She is a R&B/Soul mix.
Just sayin so is all.

Ian

August 31st, 2005 07:33 AM
glencar Yuh, she's no rapper. Falling is a classic R&B song. I like it; yes, I do!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)