ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saving MR & GS? Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 30th, 2005 09:24 AM
Jumping Jack Do you think they are saving Midnight Rambler and Gimme Shelter for something special in the Arena shows? Maybe use Rambler as the opener?

What are your predictions for the arena setlists?
August 30th, 2005 09:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think that they might not bother with Gimmes Shelter much this tour. They been rocking that shit a long time now
August 30th, 2005 09:40 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Do you think they are saving Midnight Rambler and Gimme Shelter for something special in the Arena shows? Maybe use Rambler as the opener?

What are your predictions for the arena setlists?

Both Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler will be debuted this tour on January 29th in Omaha , NE . Word !

...to your Great Great Grand Pappys !

[ Edited by Snuggles ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 30th, 2005 09:47 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Both Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler will be debuted this tour in Omaha , NE on January 29th . Word !

...to your Great Great Grand Pappys !

sup, my little Stonespickle?
August 30th, 2005 09:47 AM
gimmekeef Gimme is my all time fave...by a mile....Not seeing it concerns me but sounds like the Lisa slot is now Night Time...I think when they hit arenas we'll se as many as 8 off Bigger Bang....Drivin Too Fast,Dangerous Beauty and It Wont Take Long are just awesome and would be great live!
August 30th, 2005 09:49 AM
Some Guy When will they unleash SOL?
August 30th, 2005 09:49 AM
gimmekeef I also believe the second trip into a city we;ll see more Bigger Bang and a changeup in setlists...At least in those cities lucky enough for extra shows...
August 30th, 2005 09:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I think that they might not bother with Gimmes Shelter much this tour. They been rocking that shit a long time now

yes, they're obviously making a concentrated effort on this tour not to play songs that they've already played to death
August 30th, 2005 09:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

sup, my little Stonespickle?

SUP REMUS !!!!

www.omahameca.com

August 30th, 2005 09:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yes, they're obviously making a concentrated effort on this tour not to play songs that they've already played to death

LOL
August 30th, 2005 12:28 PM
pdog After the first arena show we'll know if they're planning on switching the setlist up at all. I think it's safe to say in stadiums they will be playing pretty much the same set.
August 30th, 2005 12:36 PM
Lazy Bones My prediction is Montreal - after the Christmas break...
August 30th, 2005 01:41 PM
voodoopug also absent is Paint it Black and Street Fighting Man
August 30th, 2005 01:56 PM
FPM C10 I think (and if I say it often enough perhaps it will come true) that MR should, nay MUST be an encore. It would SLAY. It would seriously undermine the old showbiz rule "always leave 'em wanting more", though.

I think the healthy number of changes between Boston and Hartford means they have a few surprises up their sleeve. Of course I don't know what changing BACK to the Boston setlist in Ottowa means!

They should keep BOMH in the set at LEAST until I get to hear it.

GS - I'd rather hear something else. It just doesn't sound like the Apocalypse anymore.
August 30th, 2005 02:03 PM
Jumping Jack I always expected the few stadium shows to be similar. I expect the arenas to be more varied and clearly different than the stadiums. We shall see what they have up their sleeves.
August 30th, 2005 02:08 PM
glencar Please, those are warhorses. If they rotated them with Satisfaction or HTW or even JJF, I'd be okay w/that.
August 30th, 2005 02:49 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, those are warhorses. If they rotated them with Satisfaction or HTW or even JJF, I'd be okay w/that.

I would like to nibble your elbows
August 30th, 2005 03:22 PM
glencar Nibble away although they're all callused from drinking too much at the bar the other night...
August 30th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nibble away although they're all callused from drinking too much at the bar the other night...

You SHALL be greeted this January

|
|
|
|
V
August 30th, 2005 03:48 PM
Some Guy Not today, Joey...not today.
August 30th, 2005 03:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nibble away although they're all callused from drinking too much at the bar the other night...

They used MR as one of the encores at Comisky park in 2002 and it was a good choice...although i did always like YCAGWYW as the first encore...not sold on IORR as the last song yet....i guess I have just grown tired of it...would have rather seen Gimme Shelter in that spot.
August 30th, 2005 03:55 PM
nankerphelge Don't know if any of y'all got the "opener special" off of RS.com -- I did -- A nice Boston Baseball tongue jersey, a pin of the same and a Program from the tour which includes some pictures of the setlists they rehearsed in TO this year -- some of the stuff on there is very interesting -- I won't spoil any surprises, but it was good to see the depth of the rehearsals.

August 30th, 2005 04:03 PM
Joey [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Don't know if any of y'all got the "opener special" off of RS.com -- I did -- A nice Boston Baseball tongue jersey, a pin of the same and a Program from the tour which includes some pictures of the setlists they rehearsed in TO this year -- some of the stuff on there is very interesting -- "

Thanks Nanky !
August 30th, 2005 06:12 PM
Surround Sister I think, hope and believe GS wil have a rest till either
next world or tour - or at least till next tour leg.
They have to reconsider it. Heartbreaker as a rock opera is almost acceptable, but GS not: It shall be played like in 1972-73, if you ask me.
MR will be put in a central place in MSG´s setlist. And at other places. (Hope, hope, hope...)
August 30th, 2005 06:31 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, those are warhorses. If they rotated them with Satisfaction or HTW or even JJF, I'd be okay w/that.

I thought the term "warhorses" referred to songs which were big hits and which the tourists all know from hearing them on the radio...neither of those songs fits that bill.

I've always preferred "scary" Stones to "goofy" Stones, although both of those sides of the band should be represented. MR and GS, along with SFTD, are the scariest they ever got.
August 30th, 2005 06:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
a Program from the tour which includes some pictures of the setlists they rehearsed in TO this year -- some of the stuff on there is very interesting -- I won't spoil any surprises, but it was good to see the depth of the rehearsals.

I've yet to see what the point of them rehearsing for 6 weeks in Toronto was...

it couldnt of been just to polish up on SMU, Tumbling Dice, HTW, Brown Sugar etc

they seem only interested in only adding a very light sprinkling of the many many great - and rarely played - songs they rehearsed in TO
August 30th, 2005 06:46 PM
Dan I am sure they will do Midnight Rambler and Gimme Shelter at some point. I have no problem with them doing the exact same setlist in arenas, or even theatres if any should materialize.
August 30th, 2005 06:48 PM
Child of the Moon Midnight Rambler is ALWAYS great. No matter what year, what tour. They always play the definitive version of that song, every time.

Shelter, on the other hand, just hasn't been the same for years. The last great version I can recall was the Paradiso one from '95. Compared to that and the versions from the '70's, that song has almost become something of a cookie-cutter Gimme Shelter.
August 30th, 2005 07:07 PM
Dan Gimme Shelter is just a bit too slow and plodding. Doesnt sound quite right anymore. Midnight Rambler sounds great every tour.
August 30th, 2005 08:48 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Midnight Rambler is ALWAYS great. No matter what year, what tour. They always play the definitive version of that song, every time.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Child.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)