ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Tokyo '90??? Return to archive
August 29th, 2005 04:35 PM
pujos maxima I know its early to be thinking of recordings from the tour but do we think we will get some better stuff than from the Licks Tour.

I guess that the greater security for this tour will stop some good recordings coming out. Is it too much to expect the quality of boots that came from No security, VL and SW tours?

I bet another Tokyo '90 is out of the question these days!
August 29th, 2005 04:48 PM
Gazza but the Tokyo show was taken from an FM & TV broadcast, so why shouldnt it be excellent quality?

Audience recordings improve all the time. Cant see how you think the recording quality 15 years ago can compare to now
[Edited by Gazza]
August 29th, 2005 05:19 PM
pujos maxima i know that show was a Professional recording Gazza - I used Tokyo 90 in the post to attract your attention. Logic would suggest that its easier to make an excellent audience recording these days but the audience boots from No security seem to be better than the Licks tour. It was really only when we got to Europe that we got anything good at all apart from the pre-tour show in Canada.

Is it that Stones fans are not as dedicated as Dylan / Springsteen fans or just that Crystal Cat etc. are more concentrated on these artists? Surely they know the interest is there for stones boots but they have only only produced a few stones cds so far.

I realise that FM / radio / PPV broadcasts are a different thing altogether. I just hope this time round we get to hear the stones at their best.
August 29th, 2005 06:34 PM
Dan Only amateurs will be deterred by stadium/arena security. I am sure there will be all sorts of recordings as usual of varying quality.
August 30th, 2005 06:52 AM
corgi37 I was kind of hoping they'd be selling cd's after the concert, like Pearl Jam and the WHO do.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)