ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does this look like an end? Return to archive
August 29th, 2005 12:19 PM
Rolling Beatle All this critical acclaim for the tour and album so far...does this look like an end for the Stones?

I wont' have a chance to see them this time, but...

If there's a next time, I'm promising to myself that I'll get tickets.
If there's not, then they will be forever immortalized in my mind.

what does everyone here think?
August 29th, 2005 12:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
what does everyone here think?

I think you should see them this tour.
August 29th, 2005 12:25 PM
Rolling Beatle Not going to happen. I have no money, and I don't have enough knowledge of their discography yet.
August 29th, 2005 12:25 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I think you should see them this tour.

same here.
I bet the Stones will retire after a number one ...their last one..
August 29th, 2005 12:32 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
Not going to happen. I have no money, and I don't have enough knowledge of their discography yet.

Doesn't matter. Get there.

Sell your Beatles albums and get a Stones' ticket. You can buy them, again, later. Whatever it takes - do it!
August 29th, 2005 01:05 PM
Jumping Jack No excuses, go or regret it the rest of your life!
August 29th, 2005 01:07 PM
nankerphelge Knowledge of their discography?

Christ -- turn on a classic rock station -- they're all right there!!

You SHOULD go see them immediately!

August 29th, 2005 01:08 PM
Jumping Jack BTW, the Stones are not about discography, setlist, or otehr BS, it is about the live rock and roll experience.
August 29th, 2005 01:09 PM
lotsajizz I second that suggestion, or third, or whatever.....you may regret it once you get familiar with that discography and then realize it you can't hear it in person ANYMORE....keep your ear to the ground and your hopes up, you'll find a way
August 29th, 2005 01:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
Not going to happen. I have no money, and I don't have enough knowledge of their discography yet.

the ONLY songs you need to familiarize yourself with are: Start Me Up, You Got Me Rockin, Shattered, Beast Of Burden, Shes So Cold, Miss You, Satisfaction, Honkeytonk Women, Out Of Control, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash, Sympathy For the Devil, You Cant Always Get What You Want and Its Only Rock & Roll.

they have about 100 other great songs. But to go to a Stones concert in 2005 you only need to be familiar with the above mentioned songs.

its almost like the rest of the catalog doesnt even exist.

the only record you need to buy to familiarize yourself with the music being played on this tour is "Forty Licks" - and pick up the new album - "Bigger "Bang" - when it comes out.
August 29th, 2005 01:30 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:

You could try and find the cheapest seat available (if they are playing somewhere near you that is). I don't know where you live, and I don't know about the prices exactly, but I thought the cheapest ones are around 90 USD? Maybe you can borrow some money from a friend or family member, who wouldn't mind if it takes you longer to pay it back in small portions? Even if you have a far-away seat, at least you'll be there to see them right? If you are interested, you should really try! It doesn't matter that you don't know all the songs yet; a live experience is something totally different anyway, if only for the atmosphere and show itself! Good luck!
August 29th, 2005 02:08 PM
Madafaka Yes, the end is so close... Apocalipsys is so close too!
August 29th, 2005 02:11 PM
Dan If you have 40 Licks or Hot Rocks thats good enough. If they are playing in your area, hang out in the parking lot with whatever you can spare and maybe someone with an extra will meet your offer. I can't really whats available is worth the price right now.
August 29th, 2005 02:15 PM
glencar Actually, the cheapest ticky at MSG in January goes for $60 + all those TM charges. And even if you don't sell that Beatles stuff, donate to some Goodwill in our nation's inner cities. You'll feel better, I promise!
August 29th, 2005 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
All this critical acclaim for the tour and album so far...does this look like an end for the Stones?

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

Flacky !
August 29th, 2005 02:37 PM
Saint Sway you should just go see The Black Crowes. Its a much, much cheaper show and they play better Stones songs. Beatles too. ; )
August 29th, 2005 02:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you should just go see The Black Crowes. Its a much, much cheaper show and they play better Stones songs. Beatles too. ; )

You may NOT touch my monkey this evening .

Nine !

NINEA SHAE !!!!

August 29th, 2005 03:19 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you should just go see The Black Crowes. Its a much, much cheaper show and they play better Stones songs. Beatles too. ; )

Dont be fooled by a cheap imitation.....See the Stones!!!!
August 29th, 2005 04:38 PM
Phog Don't let the money issue get in your way. One never knows, this really could be the last chance to see them.

Buy the cheapest seat you can find and have no regrets.
August 29th, 2005 04:45 PM
Navin If I ever happen to catch them on this tour...I will then return back home, and pull the trigger on myself...the last time (for me)
August 29th, 2005 04:50 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LMAO.
August 30th, 2005 02:36 AM
Brainbell Jangler Rolling Beatle--
Read the following steps carefully and follow them precisely:
1. Lose the expression "Not gonna happen." When you find yourself thinking that, say "Cancel! Cancel!" out loud. Then replace this negative hypnotic command with a positive one such as "I'm going to see the Stones! I can't wait!"
2. Imagine missing the Stones this year. Picture yourself finding out it's their last tour. Feel the disappointment and regret. Hear yourself saying, "What the fuck was I thinking? I could have seen the Stones and I blew it off!" Experience this nagging thought, "If only I'd gone when I had the chance" as a weight you carry with you the rest of your life. Make it real. This is a very important step. You've got to feel the pain.
3. Now, replace this picture with one of you at the concert. Hear the crowd buzz with anticipation. Feel your own buzz. See the lights go out, the flashpots explode. Hear Keith crank out the Start Me Up riff. See Mick shimmy across the stage. Behold the Zen perfection that is Charlie Watts manifest before your eyes. Again, make it real. Experience the ecstasy of that night and the warm glow of the memories you will cherish forever. Hear the stories you will tell as you dandle the little ones on your knee and they ask, "Grandpa, did you REALLY see the ROLLING STONES?"
4. So, you've those two pictures in your mind. They're as real to you as any memory. One draws you toward it; the other repels and horrifies you. Use that motivation. Get creative. You will find a way to do this. You will see the Stones.
5. Thank me after the show.
August 30th, 2005 05:42 AM
Jumping Jack Think about it, do you really want to be a wanker the rest of your life?
August 30th, 2005 06:12 AM
egon if you have to ask others wether or not to go and see the stones,
than maybe you shouldn't
August 30th, 2005 06:35 AM
corgi37 And your kids will think you are a Super Dweeb.

"Daddy, did you see the Stones?"
"Well, son, no. I was too lame to come up with sixty lousy dollars, so i sat at home and played the Magical Mystery Tour".

Dont let this happen! Its in your power! See them. Even if you have to car-jack some one, or steal some old Granny's handbag, for the love of Allah, SEE THEM!!!!!!!

(NOTE: please add large echo to "see them")
August 30th, 2005 07:32 AM
Steel Wheels Get a job. Get some money. Get a ticket.

Take the ride.

I regret only one thing in life: passing up the chance to see John Lee Hooker. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that day during the summer of 1999 where I said to myself, "Ah...too much traffic. I'll catch John Lee's next show."

Biggest musical mistake I've ever made.
August 30th, 2005 07:33 AM
Steel Wheels [quote]Brainbell Jangler wrote:

3. Now, replace this picture with one of you at the concert. Hear the crowd buzz with anticipation. Feel your own buzz. See the lights go out, the flashpots explode. Hear Keith crank out the Start Me Up riff. See Mick shimmy across the stage. Behold the Zen perfection that is Charlie Watts manifest before your eyes. Again, make it real. Experience the ecstasy of that night and the warm glow of the memories you will cherish forever. Hear the stories you will tell as you dandle the little ones on your knee and they ask, "Grandpa, did you REALLY see the ROLLING STONES?"

Right on the money Brainbell!
August 30th, 2005 08:23 AM
egon nanky knows where you can sell your kidney(s)
August 30th, 2005 12:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
"Daddy, did you see the Stones?"
"Well, son, no. I was too lame to come up with sixty lousy dollars, so i sat at home and played the Magical Mystery Tour".

!!

I actually saw a Dutch Beatles coverband this weekend on a festival and they did a good version of MMT. Maybe you should go see them instead. It was free.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)