ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best record of the year? Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 30th, 2005 07:40 PM
Bob Tamp I might have agreed with the White Stripes being way ahead of ABB on Sunday after 2 listens. By Tuesday night, I have changed my mind. This album really kicks in about the 3 or 4th listen, and continues to get better.
August 31st, 2005 05:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jair wrote:

Me neither. Everybody knows, well, almost everybody - that "Don't believe..." is one of their best albuns.
Ok, Americans doesnt count, because they rather "serious" rock, but europeans bashing Oasis is really unbeliavable...

I don’t find it unbelievable as everyone is entitled to they’re own opinion and contrary to what you think, not everyone in Europe and the UK likes Oasis.

It just so happens that particular Englishman rather likes the band and in his humble, yet noble opinion, he finds Don’t Believe The Truth to be the record of the year. Maybe the reason for this is that it’s the only “new” album he has purchased and he also is yet to hear the new Stones release. My opinion could change, but until September 5th, Oasis are the true kings of 2005.
August 31st, 2005 05:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I don't beleive I'm reading this

believe it, then...same tired old schtick. And theyve done it better previously
August 31st, 2005 06:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

believe it, then...same tired old schtick. And theyve done it better previously

Well, we'll just have to agree to differ.

Can you at least admit it's their best effort since What's The Story?
August 31st, 2005 06:54 AM
Ern Album of the year for me is without a doubt Oasis 'Don't Believe The Truth'. Recently I saw them here in Portugal, Great show!!!
[Edited by Ern]
August 31st, 2005 07:01 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
I might have agreed with the White Stripes being way ahead of ABB on Sunday after 2 listens. By Tuesday night, I have changed my mind. This album really kicks in about the 3 or 4th listen, and continues to get better.

I just love "Get behind me Satan". Simple. Great catchy folk influenced tunes. The white Stripes Rock Man. They are so damn catchy and their sound is Rock. They have something to their sound that makes it appealing that is hard to put your finger on just as the stones do. Very few bands have that.

As far as comparing it to ABB? Hmmm that is tough. The White Stripes are really going up against alot there. A. there the stones B. 4 musicians vs. 2 ABB seems a little "more" from what I have heard but not entirely better. That's all I can say but I have to have had the album for a few weeks to rate it. I don't like comparing the two actually. I love em both. They are both up there from what I have heard but again I totally know GBMS but I do not really know ABB intamately yet.

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)