ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Full album available on Winamp.com, NOW !!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 29th, 2005 10:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Call me old-fashioned but I am not going to download this. I am just gonna buy the record in the store and pay the price. Nothing against downloading but I want the real cd on the day it is released. That growing tension is part of the joy.

I can understand that entirely...theres a certain type of thrill of getting the CD home, unwrapping it and playing it for the first time

However, I'd be pretty sure that everyone here will be buying the album next week anyway even if theyve already heard it
August 29th, 2005 10:25 AM
bzimpf Winamp is 64kbps
August 29th, 2005 10:28 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Jair wrote:
Anyone knows if from Winamp the quality is better than 64kbps?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

I listening at 128 Kbps Stereo, isn't 64 Kbps!
August 29th, 2005 10:36 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I listening at 128 Kbps Stereo, isn't 64 Kbps!

So tell us what's the deal Max, because it's showing on Winamp as 64K...
August 29th, 2005 10:43 AM
Jair Bom dia, JayJay!!!
August 29th, 2005 10:44 AM
gimmekeef Mine's playing on Windows Media Player at 128....Careful though..Cohl is taking names.....lol
August 29th, 2005 12:50 PM
Jair
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Mine's playing on Windows Media Player at 128....Careful though..Cohl is taking names.....lol

So, take note: mine, full, is JAIR DA MOTTA JUNIOR.
August 29th, 2005 01:09 PM
hotlicks also on winamp are two tracks from tim ries new album rolling stones project---honky tonk women and wild horses featuring norah jones
August 29th, 2005 01:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
angie, did you record OK? I cannot get any sound on playback...

Yep. Perfectly. Split the wav into individual tracks, and burnt them onto a CD-R. Listening right now .
August 29th, 2005 01:20 PM
hotlicks Angiegirl how do you do that---split the tracks???
August 29th, 2005 01:24 PM
Angiegirl Well, the hard way: by hand . With a very simple audio editing program (Acoustica, very old version of it); copying a part of the huge wav and saving it as track1, repeating that for all tracks. There's probably software to do it more quickly though, I don't know.
August 29th, 2005 01:30 PM
hotlicks Angiegirl you're a wee gem!!!!
[Edited by hotlicks]
August 29th, 2005 01:33 PM
Angiegirl I am? lol. It's crazy to be doing it anyway, as we can buy the real thing next week. But hey, it was fun!
August 29th, 2005 02:05 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
So tell us what's the deal Max, because it's showing on Winamp as 64K...

I don't know Fausto, my Winamp Player shows 128 Kbps.
August 29th, 2005 02:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Thank you very much Banquete de Pordioseros: http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2518

Arrrgh! I got just over halfway through (to "This Place Is Empty") and it won't download any more! And I really, really wanted to hear "Oh No, Not You Again"!

EDIT: Working again. Will listen in the car.
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
August 29th, 2005 02:51 PM
Jair
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I don't know Fausto, my Winamp Player shows 128 Kbps.

REALLY?
The real name of JayJay is...FAUSTO???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 29th, 2005 02:54 PM
marko worldless.Best band EVER.
Someday,this place is empty!Enjoy guys,,,,,
August 29th, 2005 03:42 PM
bzimpf Winamp.com is providing the tracks @ 64kbps. When these are saved and converted to mp3 @ 128kbps (as I did) or 192kbps they will show 128 or 192, but the source was 64kbps, therefore, the "quality" (dynamic range, etc) is the equivalent of that provided @64 regardless of what bitrate it plays at. I can't add back quality/sound that I didn't have to begin with. I should have ripped them @64 to avoid the confusion.
August 29th, 2005 03:54 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
bzimpf wrote:
Winamp.com is providing the tracks @ 64kbps. When these are saved and converted to mp3 @ 128kbps (as I did) or 192kbps they will show 128 or 192, but the source was 64kbps, therefore, the "quality" (dynamic range, etc) is the equivalent of that provided @64 regardless of what bitrate it plays at. I can't add back quality/sound that I didn't have to begin with. I should have ripped them @64 to avoid the confusion.

thanks for the link on Shidobee a
August 29th, 2005 03:55 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
bzimpf wrote:
Winamp.com is providing the tracks @ 64kbps. When these are saved and converted to mp3 @ 128kbps (as I did) or 192kbps they will show 128 or 192, but the source was 64kbps, therefore, the "quality" (dynamic range, etc) is the equivalent of that provided @64 regardless of what bitrate it plays at. I can't add back quality/sound that I didn't have to begin with. I should have ripped them @64 to avoid the confusion.

thanks for the link on Shidobee anad welcome here!
but it seems out, can you post it again plizzz?? thanks in
advance!
August 29th, 2005 05:35 PM
gotdablouse It seems Let me down slow was cut at 3:22, anyone else notice that ?

Looks like winamp.com got a "call", the files are gone !
August 29th, 2005 05:51 PM
Gazza Indeed they are. Shite! Its gone from my saved "playlist" as well!

Told y'all before that the Stones lawyers read these fansites!

maybe a "Bigger bang" free week will do me some good..lol
August 29th, 2005 05:59 PM
gotdablouse they are however on the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.m newsgroup albeit in lesser quality unfortunately.
August 29th, 2005 06:24 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jair wrote:
REALLY?
The real name of JayJay is...FAUSTO???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, this is his real name!
August 29th, 2005 06:25 PM
Madafaka I heard it twice and... What can I say?
I really LOVE the new job!
To be honest, is not in the same level than EOMS, but is better than B2B for sure!
August 29th, 2005 06:30 PM
charlotte oh well, at least I got in another H_Q play through before the knife came down this afternoon...fun while it lasted!

August 29th, 2005 06:57 PM
pdog All I saw was a boat off in the distance, looks like I missed this one. See what happens when you have to work !!!
August 29th, 2005 07:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Indeed they are. Shite! Its gone from my saved "playlist" as well!

Told y'all before that the Stones lawyers read these fansites!

maybe a "Bigger bang" free week will do me some good..lol

If I click the saved playlist, it still works. Whole album...
August 29th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti I didn't hear the album, I'll wait another week. It's a great experience and who know if this is the last time.
August 29th, 2005 07:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I didn't hear the album, I'll wait another week. It's a great experience and who know if this is the last time.

Yes, next tuesday I will be in seclusion!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)