ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Full album available on Winamp.com, NOW !!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 28th, 2005 05:55 PM
Jeep First you need a full version of Winamp.
You can downoad it on the site were the songs are hosted.

http://www.winamp.com

The songs are here :
- click on "music" in the orange area
- in music genre, click on "classic rock and oldies"
- after Dylan there is a Stones section, click on "more music"
- select your song....

ENJOY !!!!
August 28th, 2005 06:01 PM
Gazza have you actually downloaded and listened to it, though?

some of these sites advertise stuff that turns out to be fake once its been downloaded

August 28th, 2005 06:02 PM
Angiegirl Nope, full album, 64:50 minutes...
August 28th, 2005 06:04 PM
Jeep No Gazza, it's the real album !
Oh no Not you again it's so killer !!!!
August 28th, 2005 06:07 PM
beer Cool, thanks Jeep!!

-
August 28th, 2005 06:20 PM
Angiegirl LIND feels slower than the version I have, but that must be my perception right?? Love it. Cool to hear Dangerous Beauty full version and Biggest Mistake in good quality 'finally' lol. Thanx!
August 28th, 2005 06:20 PM
maumau wow! listening to it right now! thanx
August 28th, 2005 06:47 PM
charlotte got it...thanks!!
August 28th, 2005 06:55 PM
CraigP Cool.
August 28th, 2005 07:07 PM
maumau just listened to the whole Laugh I nearly died
i'm speechless
this is THE song
i dare say that now shine a light has its companion
August 28th, 2005 07:15 PM
Some Guy I'm waiting till next week, but keep talking about it!
August 28th, 2005 07:31 PM
Gazza Quite gladly!!

Listenin' to the album now, its excellent

and "Dangerous beauty" lives up to its title. Ditch "Start me up" and play THAT one, guys

Now if only I can figure out how to burn the fucker to CDR, it'll keep me relatively sane during work hours until September 5th
August 28th, 2005 07:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
maumau wrote:
just listened to the whole Laugh I nearly died
i'm speechless
this is THE song
i dare say that now shine a light has its companion

another member of the LIND club. Welcome aboard!
August 28th, 2005 07:33 PM
beer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Now if only I can figure out how to burn the fucker to CDR, it'll keep me relatively sane during work hours until September 5th

Let me know if you figure out how to get it to disc, i can't figure out how either.

-
August 28th, 2005 07:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Relatively being the key word here.

If you figure it out, let us know!
August 28th, 2005 07:36 PM
Gazza LOL...cheeky sh*t

there is actually a "burn to CD" part in the winamp guide so I guess its possible
August 28th, 2005 07:38 PM
charlotte dazed...speechless...angie please I need mouth to mouth...
August 28th, 2005 07:42 PM
Angiegirl I have a severe cold, wouldn't want you to catch it too. I'm too considerate.
August 28th, 2005 07:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL...cheeky sh*t

there is actually a "burn to CD" part in the winamp guide so I guess its possible

Tried it, doesn't work. Probably because the playlist isn't on your computer, it downloads the tracks while playing from Winamp website...
August 28th, 2005 07:53 PM
HeyNegrita RO is awesome! Thanks for the link. I think if you paid $14.95 for the Pro version of winamps you could encode the files to an mp3 format.
August 28th, 2005 07:54 PM
exile there is a program that records what comes out of your soundcard

I dont know what its called though....

[Edited by exile]
August 28th, 2005 08:07 PM
lucasd4 [quote]exile wrote:
there is a program that records what comes out of your soundcard

I dont know what its called though....

The program is called SoundCapture....you can download it for free at Magicsofts.com...I save the recorded files as a RealPlayer file, then burn it do a disc...just recorded the entire album in great sound quality!!! "Driving Too Fast" is a modern day "Bitch"
August 28th, 2005 08:07 PM
Angiegirl Record Anything 2.6

Gonna try it out now...

Trial d/l:
http://www.download.com/3001-2168_4-10430136.html
August 28th, 2005 08:15 PM
BlindLemon thnx. THNX. Hmmmmmmm...... Does Winamp know what they are doing? It just does not add up, but it does work!!!
And now:
I am not a music criticism heavyweight, so I will not open a thread for my opinion on the album,
but
but
but
I'm still curious: are there other people who are bored with IWTL, DB and DTF? To me these sound a bit like out of a songwriting-made-easy kit... They are not bad, bu this is what I would call a filler. I was suprised, listening to them for the first time, because people have been generally so positive about them (with a few exceptions) on this board. I do think DB and DTF are salvaged by cooool guitars towards the secod half, and Mick doing a great job singing. But zee songs themselves seem to be a bit low on inspiration.
On the other hand, I love every bit of the funky and reggae oriented explorations on the album. Look What Da Cat is a gem, to me. And I know other people hate it... Rain Fall Down still sounds superb to me. I even liked Sweet Neocon, although it does not compare to the above two, nor to the great, unique, unmistakable LIND - at least here, opinions seem to converge. The two good rockers, to me, that complement this strand on the album are ONNYA and RJ which I think have a degree of inventiousness to them, which the other three straight rockers lack. (Yes, even ONNYA which I feel has its worth in the details, piled in abundance on a super-simple rhythm and melody skeleton). She Saw Me coming is maybe not perfect, but interesting, and the same goes for Let Me Down Slow, which I find a bit too melodic, in the kitchy sense of the word. Same for Biggest Mistake, although these are way better than the melody horrors New Faces and Sweethearts Together, which spoiled VL to me a little bit. Keith, however, rocks and croons at his best in a long time.
Overall, I think this album tops Voodoo Lounge by a good bit, to me it seems almost as successful as Tattoo You, except for missing a cathartic, inexplicable where did it come from-type of "hard" song like Slave. And now the horror: I think what works for the Stones these days is when they take rock to places it does not normally travel on its own - but without going "pop". (I.e. no, I do not want another MJ solo project) This is why I think this is a very good to great album, an "organic" Bridges to Babylon (BtB being the "electronica" digression, with Lowdown thrown in as the supremely boring plain rocker). And I think these digressions work really well. If I were reviewing them for Rolling Stone, BTB would get 4 stars, where VL three at most, and ABB 4 and a half, if Tattoo You were for 5. BTB and ABB do not define a musical era anymore - why should they. But they show creativity and they are relevant not in a momentary, but a more general way, as they have a unique and unmistakable sound and a selection of high-quality songs that are mostly free of the icing of kitch which rotted the teeth of VL. And I am ecstatic to be hearing it. Barring SOL, no bad song, barring the three rockers, no boring songs, and at least 4 or 5 which I think rank in the very top category. Strangely, I feel the best songs are the ones that sound Tattoo You / Undercover influenced - yes, Mathijs, I heard it too - finally. But really, I think Mathijs was right about this.
So, what does this make me? A closet pop/electronica fan? Anybody else prefer weird funky-rock to grinding gutiars?
August 28th, 2005 08:15 PM
scratched If your sound card supports setting the wave device as a recording source you could use sound recording software (i.e. Sound Forge) to record the album as you listen to it. Then save it as WAV/MP3 formats.

Gonna try it tommorrow.
August 28th, 2005 08:18 PM
scratched or...

http://www.sonicspot.com/streamboxripper/streamboxripper.html
August 28th, 2005 08:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Record Anything 2.6

Gonna try it out now...

Trial d/l:
http://www.download.com/3001-2168_4-10430136.html

Yep. Works! Recording right now. One-click recording. Save in MP3. Gonna burn later! Next week at the record store I'll go and ask if I can only buy the CD cover for reduced price .
August 28th, 2005 08:24 PM
Scottfree The tour may be a bust, but the friggin album certainly isn't.....kicks absolute ass, it's as good and fresh as anything they've done, yes anything.....They better release 6 or 7 singles from this bastard.....
August 28th, 2005 08:25 PM
Daethgod me grabbing it now too

ONNYA .. what a rocker !
Biggest Mistake - Yes !!
She Saw Me Coming - woooot !!
just grabbing Dangerous Beauty.. man this band is smoking !!

"odorous odours i gotta admit !!!!!!!!!"

August 28th, 2005 08:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please people do NOT post any file here at the board as it's official stuff.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)