ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Setlist Rumblings (SPOILERS) Return to archive
08-31-02 01:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy From down the pipe at Doug's...

Some guy over there calling himself Darth Bowie has reported the opening number... along with a few others. To preserve the opening number, I won't list it first, but go over there and read it if you want to know.

The songs he commented on in the opening of the set were thus, in alphabetical order:

Dance (Pt. 1)
Heart Of Stone
If You Can't Rock Me
Street Fighting Man
Tumbling Dice
Undercover Of The Night

Right-o... I've predicted four of them out of six being up there. Granted, one of them I put on the B-Stage, but whatever... I wanted to take that one off, anyway, but rules are rules... I missed "Street Fighting Man" and "Undercover". Oh well... I don't care... I'm ready to rock'n'roll!

-tSYX --- Pleased to meet you, hope you've guessed my name...
08-31-02 05:10 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 If you can't rock me would be a great opener.
08-31-02 05:24 PM
Boomhauer Wouldn't it be great if they did the arena theme with IORR.

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiittttttt, choose any combo you want from that album, and it will rule any way!

08-31-02 07:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I agree, Boomhauer... anything except "If You Really Want To Be My Friend" off that album.

-tSYX --- But you knifed me in my dirty filthy basement...
08-31-02 08:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL in other thread they are in order and I am almost sure everybody know where Shidoobeeland is located.

BUT I DON'T TRUST THAT SETLIST! SFM is not a right opener, it will be IORR, after 40 years IORR but I like it, the best opener, and they already used it in the warm up gig.
08-31-02 09:10 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I know, I know, Voodoo - I didn't want people to open it and possibly have it spoiled for them! I wanted them to read it completely understanding that they might well be spoiling the opener.

I don't think they'll open with Street Fighting Man, either. I'm still sticking with "If You Can't Rock Me", since it's a well-known 'second tier' Stones song - one that you have to know a bit about the Stones to like, but which is regarded highly and given airplay. Like "Heartbreaker". 'Cept we ain't gonna be hearing that on tour or on the radio anymore... *sigh*... now *THAT* would be a controversial opener!

-tSYX --- It's a gas!
08-31-02 09:17 PM
Lacride
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if they did the arena theme with IORR.

Shhhhhiiiiiiiiittttttt, choose any combo you want from that album, and it will rule any way!

Right Bommhauer, IORR with fire & flammes! Would be a gas!
08-31-02 09:23 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy UPDATE!

Darth Bowie returns with more info from his mystery source over at Doug's...

The revised setlist *IN ORDER* stands thusly (Beware Of Darkness...)

1. Street Fighting Man
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Rocks Off
4. You Got Me Rocking
5. Don't Stop
6. Undercover Of The Night
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Heart Of Stone
9. She Smiled Sweetly

ALSO INCLUDED (but not in order, according to mystery source)

"Monkey Man"
"Stray Cat Blues"
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking"
"Sympathy For The Devil"
"Loving Cup"

So perhaps either no Exile theme set, the 'set' is not in orderand it is just an overall Exile 'theme', or the real rarities from Exile will surface later on in the show, possibly unaccompanied on the B-Stage.
08-31-02 11:11 PM
Boomhauer "Unda-cova of da niiiiiiiiiight, chiga-chiga booooooooom!"

I'm not gonna play this guessing game. I can wait 3 days to get the RIGHT thing. I'm not saying Bowie is a liar, but I'll believe it when I see a post from someone that went to the show.

maybe Darth has some inside sources. Maybe not.

BTW, this Buckethead guy looks like Micheal Myers playing a guitar instead of going around the neighborhood slashing people. Damn he is scary! It's like the new GNR doesn't have that fresh feeling anymore. Now it seems like they are a speed-metal-killer-monster type band. It's almost like a horror movie! Axl still likes his left to right, right to left shimmy move.

08-31-02 11:23 PM
beer 2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Rocks Off
4. You Got Me Rocking

three "Rocks" in a row? hmmmm... does this mean it's gonna rock ?

Oh yeah, that Buckethead guy from the neo Guns and Roses is creepy. fuck all that shit. No Slash, no Guns. Instead of "Guns and Roses", Axl should call the band "Slingshots and Pansies".......weak.
09-01-02 12:15 AM
T&A Darth's looking to make a name for himself, I believe. Not a bad guess, but I doubt that the Stones themselves have yet cemented the setlist.

To pull a popular Jagger word - "Rubbish!"
09-01-02 12:20 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 great list too.
09-01-02 12:34 AM
Soul Survivor I wanna hear "Heart Of Stone" so bad

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road