ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ANybody see the "Forty Licks" commercial? Return to archive
08-30-02 06:07 PM
Boomhauer I saw it the first time today (Stonesdoug was right; TV campaign starting Labor Day). Showed a lot of clips from past to almost present. Even had a clip of "Don't Stop".

The thing about this is, when I saw the commercial, I felt so good. Like, I was just very comfortable. I see these guys on TV or in magazines and listen to their music, and they seem to make me feel better when I have a shit-load of stress and worries; kind of like they make my problems just go away. How about you guys?
08-30-02 06:11 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 i saw it and i am very impressed by it.
08-30-02 06:13 PM
Soul Survivor I was about to see it. It came on, then it got cut off by some McDonalds commercial. Errrrrrrrrr
08-30-02 09:12 PM
Rescued Yeah Boomhauer, The Stones music is great for stress relief. They forged such an incredible synthesis of looks, style, fashion, politics, musical history, outrage, performance art, work ethic, and sheer freight car loads of talent that their music transcends its idiom. An album like Exile on Mainstreet is more a piece of contemporary art than ephemeral pop music. And fine art makes our lives better.
I went through a period of about 13 years when I didn't listen to much Stones music. I was into punk and hardcore, and then college radio alternative through most of the 80's/early 90's. Anyway as an art grad in 94, I found myself depressed and in a bad way. I only had a radio in this apartment. One day I just said Fuck It!, and went out and got a new stereo and CD player. Went to the record store thinking about getting some Black Flag or something because I was feeling so shitty. For some reason I walked out with Exile. I must have absorbed some cultural information that subtly alerted me that the album contained something I needed to lessen the blues. I must say that record truly gave me some peace during a troubled time. What an incredible piece of work.
[Edited by Rescued]
08-30-02 11:04 PM
gypsy I always listen to the Stones while I clean and when I exercise. Their music makes everything fun!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road