ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks Tour Return to archive
08-30-02 11:09 AM
Soul Survivor A collection of quotes about Mick's Age, and how he didnt even think there would even be a "Babylon" tour, much less a Licks tour in 2002:
=========================================
(Mick At Age 40)
Q: At one point you talked about how you wouldn't want to be singing Satisfaction when you were 50...
Mick: Or 40 or 30.
Q: But now you find yourself there.

Mick: What that means is it's not the actual singing. What that means is that you don't want
to be in exactly the same groove, you want to change around a little bit. You don't want to be too much of a nostalgia act...
Q: What about when you're 50?
Mick: 50? (laughs) FIFTY? Listen to this, FIFTY! God - fuck 50! You can write that! .... It would be awful if I went on and tried to do things I couldn't do. But if the body is in good enough condition to be able to sing and have the breath and the legs... then there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do it for a few more years. But as soon as it starts to show... well, I'll see it on video. I'll see it straight away.

(Mick at age 41)
Q: Just to press the point, say 5 or 10 years down the road...
Mick: Well, forGET it! (laughs) I don't want to THINK about it!
Q: I mean, there can't really be a Rolling Stones when you're 50!
Mick: No, I don't think so either.

(Mick at age 26)
"I don't know where to live. England is so small-town. They'll send me away eventually. And they tax you blind. I think I'd like to live in France and travel, live in different places different times...But I've got to find a place to live, got to think about the future, because obviously I can't do THIS forever. (Rolls his eyes) I mean, we're so OLD - Bill's 33!... "

==========================================================

I'll add more as soon as I find more quotes by the Stones about how it's obvious they never thought they would still be going...........

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road