ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Corn Affair.... Return to archive
08-30-02 05:53 AM
Jumacfly Hi guys

Shidobee reports a dutch tour poster with a mouth and corn ....I know, seems funny , but this poster is quite ...awful!
So, do you think there s a link with the stage, as Serguei said in a recent post ?? LOL!!
is it the reason Keith was angry about the new stage design?

Develloping guys, time is on our side: only 5 days to wait...

Cheers

08-30-02 06:09 AM
stonedinaustralia hey there ju

yes this "sweetcorn" business is intriuging - well i guess all will be revealed soon

it was your birthday yesterday i see

hope you had a good day yesterday and that you have a good year coming up

did you have a cake with candles? - maybe one with "special" ingredients -hey?

cheers

08-30-02 06:30 AM
Jumacfly Hi SIA!

yes, it s a real mystery..what s the link with the corn?
Will the Green Giant open for the boys??

well,yesterday i had no cake, it s for tomorow night!
it won t be a space cake, but my father welcomes me and my friend..and he doesn t drinks only water, if you see what i mean...i ll be drunk tomorrow night and play the Stones all night long!!

Well, yesterday i ve seen Shaolin soccer with a friend of mine, LOL!! ...hopefully, chiba was here!!!!!

now the tour is coming,I m sure it will be great!!
but...what s that fuckin corn???

thanks again , cheers from France!!
08-30-02 06:52 AM
marcus aurelianus et bien , bon anniversaire � toi . Fait pas trop la f�te ...
08-30-02 08:21 AM
nankerphelge This is truly bizarre. I cannot concieve of any rational relationship between the Stones and corn. I find the presence of the corn to be almost disturbing in a scatalogical sort of way.

08-30-02 11:42 AM
Xzile999 Let the search for corn begin!!!!!!1

https://test.rollingstones.com/archive/
08-30-02 11:48 AM
Jumacfly No more clues for me, i m not fuc*ing registered!!!
08-31-02 01:01 AM
Fiji Joe Some things I know about corn:

You can pop it, pad it, mark it with a B

The indians call it "maze"

It makes a lousy house pet

Is the base material of a wide variety of liquors

Some people have a cob of it up their ass

It's far less sensual than a cucumber

Is spelled nroc backwards

It lingers in my poop, warning me that I have colon problems

The Germans won't eat it, they think it's pig food

Smoking it has no effect

It's a four letter word, but not particulary offensive

I hope this helps solve the riddle
08-31-02 01:29 AM
MarthaMyDear Could the corn have something to do with Thanksgiving?!?!?! I have to go and check-out the pic.... Is it a HINT??? Are they doing weird things like putting the "40" on the tongue so only Voodoo Chile can see it whilst stoned and hinting that MAYBE THEY'LL BE PLAYING AT THE JOINT IN LAS VEGAS ON THANKSGIVING??? I ask you, brothren and sistren... lol.............. :P Hmmm... Hell, I don't know!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :P It's just a thought I'm throwin' out there... ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-31-02 01:48 AM
MarthaMyDear I can't find the pic. now, of course (grrrrrrrrrrr), but you used to be able to buy a pin of the "Thanksgiving Stones tongue" at the Stones' official online store, Stones Bazaar, which had the tongue as a corn cob curled like the tongue, etc.... That's what I think of when I hear about that corn pic. I haven't seen yet, etc. (?!?!?!)... Anyways, I DID find the Halloween and the Christmas one, though... Anyways, I'll keep looking for the Thanksgiving one and if anyone here finds it, PLEASE post it, ok.?!?!?! Anyways, ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

08-31-02 03:01 AM
ElmoLewis
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Some things I know about corn:

You can pop it, pad it, mark it with a B

The indians call it "maze"

It makes a lousy house pet

Is the base material of a wide variety of liquors

Some people have a cob of it up their ass

It's far less sensual than a cucumber

Is spelled nroc backwards

It lingers in my poop, warning me that I have colon problems

The Germans won't eat it, they think it's pig food

Smoking it has no effect

It's a four letter word, but not particulary offensive

I hope this helps solve the riddle

I`ll have you know that corn makes an excellant house pet and can be very sensual if you and or yours like the ribbed effect.
08-31-02 04:35 AM
MarthaMyDear YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P HA!!! HA!!! I must admit that's funny... GROSS, but funny... lol.............. :P

*** Martha ***
08-31-02 10:00 AM
Xzile999 THE CORN PICTURE - http://www.shattered.nl/ Hit NIEUWS and the pic is there. CORN!!!
08-31-02 10:39 AM
stonedinaustralia for sure they look like kernels of corn. i can't see what else they'd be unless it's some sort of candy coloured pharmecutical.

is it just me or does it make no sense at all to you too?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-31-02 11:24 AM
stonedinaustralia maybe they're blimp seeds
08-31-02 05:52 PM
MarthaMyDear Thanks, Xzile999!!! I have no friggin' clue what it could mean other than I keep thinking of Thanksgiving (?!?!?!)... Also, maybe the scenery in the backround (the mountains, etc.) is supposed to provide a clue (?!?!?!)... I don't know (???)...

*** Martha ***
08-31-02 09:51 PM
Xzile999 mountains + corn + stones tongue and name of tour = corn liquor (aka Corn "lick"er) lol who knows?!?!?
08-31-02 10:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Noooooooo!

I hate this corn!

Hate it hate it hate it!

What's the deep significance?

Answer? The designer was out in left field!

Where corn was planted!

-tSYX --- Sell your soul to the company...
09-01-02 12:42 AM
Soul Survivor the corn thing is fucking gay

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road