ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Certificate of Authenticity Puzzle Return to archive
08-29-02 02:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl WOW! I finally have some abkco remasters, I'm hearing Metamorphosis, and they really did a great technical work with the edition, the sound is xl-ent

I love the certificate text! LOL

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-29-02 02:15 PM
David Can I borrow that? I ran out of toilet paper.
08-29-02 02:33 PM
jb Very beautiful Geraldo...perhaps a new avatar?
08-29-02 02:54 PM
Nellcote If I've sorted this "Certificate" business out, from purchasing some of the titles to date, a picture appears on the rear of the certificates, when placed together. Looks like Satanic?

What a genius that Klein is?

Someone put him in a room with Mick & Keith + bodyguards for an hour, please....
08-29-02 02:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl They are numbered to make the image!
08-29-02 04:01 PM
F505 Who has made this embroidery? Must be someone who's about 100 years old.
08-29-02 04:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just got the Between The Buttons remaster....WOOOOOOOOODOGGIES! Man it sounds good. You can actually hear what all that muddled mess in the background is! It's guitars, and piano, and stuff! Charlie still sounds like he's playing cardboard boxes instead of proper drums...but that's just the way it was recorded. Not much to be done with that.

I'm happy.
08-29-02 04:16 PM
missamandajones My certificate of authenticity has the words to "Ruby Tuesday".
08-29-02 04:41 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Goodness me...

I've bought four of the remasters so far - all outstanding sound quality. I guess each of them has a different silly quote. Of note is my Aftermath [UK], which is thus:

"She comes in colors everywhere; she combs her hair; she's like a rainbow..." and so on and so forth.

My Metamorphosis had "The Lantern" in it, Banquet "As Tears Go By", and "The Last Time" in Let It Bleed.

So far I've got:

Let It Bleed (in my CD player now... very good! The 'no pauses between the songs' idea isn't as horrid as I thought it'd be, it's actually very nice. Sound quality is incredible so far, the drums on "Gimme Shelter" smacked me up)
Beggar's Banquet (Whoa! *huge* differences! Especially on "Prodigal Son", "Salt Of The Earth" and "Dear Doctor", clearer instruments but with that same murky, almost Exile feeling)
Aftermath [UK] (Good - I'll have to compare it more to Mickboy's comprehensive UK/US remaster on Disc 1 of Only When It's Frozen)
Metamorphosis (Absolutely incredible job, especially considering the terrible sound quality of the LP)
08-29-02 04:44 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, and yes, the image formed is the cover of Satanic Majesties. Don't ask me why. I would have said Let It Bleed.

Anyone else notice on the Let It Bleed remaster how detailed those little candles of the Stones are? Charlie's even has his patented "Who are these people and why oh why didn't I become a jazz player" grimace. Brian Jones and Bill both are looking towards Mick & Keith, Brian with a sort of fear and Bill with a bit of embarrasment, while Keith is smiling blissfully to himself. I thought 1969 Keith wasn't that far in outer space yet!

-tSYX --- Donchoo wanna live with me?
08-29-02 08:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have an idea, why don't you scan the rear of your certificate and we will make the puzzle on line. Just send it, send it, send it to me [email protected]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road