ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop hits the radio Return to archive
08-28-02 09:24 AM
Fuc*ing Andrew Just got my first listen on FM radio. Gotta tell ya, it sounds a whole lot better than the real player download I've been listening to.

Should also add, the radio station, here in Kansas City, was inundated by calls from people who wanted to hear it again and by people who had received phone messages that a new Stones' tune was out.

Rock n' rollers like this song which just goes to show, the Stone have lost nothing, the wolrd, however, for the most part, has lost the ability to rock n' roll.
08-28-02 09:48 AM
Moonisup Yeah the world doesn't know to rock 'n' roll anymore!! I hardly hear the stones, ore creedence. I happy that one classic station puts a lot good rock on the air!
08-28-02 10:32 AM
egon
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
the Stone have lost nothing, the wolrd, however, for the most part, has lost the ability to rock n' roll.

poetry!!!

couldn't have said it better myself.

e
08-28-02 10:50 AM
Nasty Habits F'n Andrew:

Kansas City, huh? What part? I bought my first copy of Live-R Than You'll Ever Be at the Record Exchange down in Westport.

What station?

Me and KC, we go way back.

Seen the Litigators yet?

Nasty!

08-28-02 11:14 AM
sirmoonie Friggin' Andrew wrote:

"Just got my first listen on FM radio. Gotta tell ya, it sounds a whole lot better than the real player download I've been listening to."

Yep, surpised me on way to work too. Sounds a hell of a lot better than on my laptop. Also sounds a bit more pop than rock. I think the masses are going to dig this one. It will be around for as long as any other song lasts these days.

At one point, it occured to me that in parts where Mick isn't singing, you wouldn't necessarily even know its our band. And that, of course, is either good or bad, depending upon mood/perspective, etc.
08-28-02 03:15 PM
Soul Survivor I hope it gets lots of airplay and all, but it wont make it on that shitty mtv show "TRL" will it? Then our boys would seem like some pop band trying to impress teenagers
08-28-02 03:19 PM
jb maybe the Live at five spot with carson Daly!!!
08-28-02 03:31 PM
Soul Survivor Errrrrrr.......I can't stand that Carson spaz. He gets on my nerves.
08-28-02 03:34 PM
jb Yeh, but he dated Jennifer Love Hewitt !!!
08-28-02 03:37 PM
Soul Survivor So he gets some bitches, if you bumped into him on the street you would just say "Sorry", you wouldn't say "Hey! You're Carson!". The guy just has nothing going for him and as for his future, he'll be gone in about 2 years.

The only person I still respect on MTV is Kurt Loder. The guy has some experience and was going when the stones were fairly big on MTV
08-28-02 04:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Kurt Loder is a self important windbagscrotumsucker. Is that a word?

It should be if it isn't.

Listen up. You can't get on TRL if you have no video. To the best of my knowledge, there is no video for Don't Stop. Hence, no TRL.

Carson Daly is, dare I say, a complete fuckwit. He banged Jennifer Love Hewitt...big deal. So did I...and I did Sarah Michelle Gellar at the same time!

The next time I meet Carson Daly, I'm gonna slap that stupid smirk right offa his face.
08-28-02 04:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah...one of those little bitches gave me crabs.....

Yep, 2 dozen Maryland Blue Crabs. They were damn good. Steamed 'em up with some Old Bay...lots of work to eat, but well worth the effort.
08-28-02 04:27 PM
jb I despise Kurt Loeder and hope he is crushed by the Blimp. I also dislike carson, but the young girls dig his clean cut looks and good guy image.
08-28-02 05:40 PM
Soul Survivor What do yall have againt Kurt Loder?

I think he has this thing against michrophones. If you watch the Atlantic City PPV, after he's done talking with Mick (mick is wearing red) he gets all pissy and makes a face to the mic

08-28-02 06:51 PM
luxury1 I think carson daly looks like Fred Flintstone
08-28-02 08:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Luxy!

Why you wanna insult Fred like that?

What did he ever do to you?
08-28-02 08:59 PM
gypsymofo60 Windbagscrotumsucker....much better than fuckwit!
08-28-02 09:02 PM
Soul Survivor Sir is right. He be friends with Fred. Sir "Fred Flin" Stonesalot.

Alright, alright, now don't make fun of me

=========================================================
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
08-28-02 09:04 PM
Boomhauer I liked when Beavis and Butthead were making fun of Kurt Loder when they were doing an "interview" during a Thanksgiving special several years ago.
08-28-02 09:09 PM
Scot Rocks I know Fred always liked Rolling Stones!!!!...

oh shite forgive me that was awful...however I am depressed tonight, after well a sham involving a certain football team getting knocked out by a team they should have walked over!!!! and I really gotta the blues!!!!!!

Well time to put on YaYa's to cheer me up, at least i still got the Stones!!!

"Oh Carol..."

Cheers

Mark
08-28-02 09:12 PM
Soul Survivor speaking of fred, I was watching cartoon network the other night (), and they were watching a variety shows with one of the bands being "The Rolling Bones".

Fred's a hardcore fan! The stones are friends of Fred's and that's why the compilation "Stone Age" has that name.........it's a tribute to Fred
08-29-02 12:35 AM
Boomhauer Here is a shitty thing that happened to me:

I was in the car listening to rock radio station, and the DJ says, "Coming up we got some Nickelback and some Stones by request." I said, "Hell yeah! It has to be Don't Stop! I haven't heard it on the radio, this must be the first time!"

So I wait after the Nickelback song and then here comes the STones song with this riff:

"Bow bow, now now now, na-na-na-na-na, now now, bow now now, na now now"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Someone requested 'Satisfaction'? WTF!!! Don't you a-holes know there is something NEW to play?"

I love "satisfaction". But this was one of those "Classic and New" rock stations.
08-29-02 05:32 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Here is a shitty thing that happened to me:

I was in the car listening to rock radio station, and the DJ says, "Coming up we got some Nickelback and some Stones by request." I said, "Hell yeah! It has to be Don't Stop! I haven't heard it on the radio, this must be the first time!"

So I wait after the Nickelback song and then here comes the STones song with this riff:

"Bow bow, now now now, na-na-na-na-na, now now, bow now now, na now now"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Someone requested 'Satisfaction'? WTF!!! Don't you a-holes know there is something NEW to play?"

I love "satisfaction". But this was one of those "Classic and New" rock stations.

.....And this is the fucking tool who told me to quit bitching........Fuck Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-29-02 09:17 AM
Boomhauer wow, Gypoff, still have issues?

I wasn't bitching, you piece of shit. You were crying and bitching because your so called "favorite" band wasn't doing what YOU wanted them to do, you.

Get a life, get over it, get a job, get a haircut, and go fuck yourself. It's as simple as that.
08-29-02 10:16 AM
Mickjagger1963 Hey Guys,, Ive heard it twice in 3 hours on 106.5 FM here out of Albany NY...Also, I just bought some vinyls could you all please let me know if I got a good deal??

Exile on Main St.
Sticky Fingers (ORig. Cover)
Grateful Dead- Terrapin Station.
Allman Brothers- Eat a Peach...

35 Bucks for all four
08-29-02 10:40 AM
egon as far as i can judge everyone that's heard it is from the us?

what about europe? i sure as hell haven't heard shit on the radio (or just shit, depending on how you wanna look at it)

and boomhauwer; you lucky dog!!!
you actually heard a stones song on the radio???
08-29-02 11:43 AM
Nasty Habits Mick '63 --
How's the vinyl on these guys?

If the vinyl is good --

Eat a Peach - 10 bucks tops
Sticky Fingers - 15 if it's unbelievably great shape. Otherwise maybe 10.
Grateful Dead Terrapin Station - 7 bucks.
Which brings us to Exile. Postcards or no postcards? How many? One pocket for both records with a fold over flap or a gatefold with two pockets? If it's got all the postcards and the foldover flap and the vinyl's in good shape it's an easy $25. If it's a straight gatefold in good shape then it's probably more along the 10-15 dollar range.

All in all it was a square deal and a fair deal.

Later

Nasty appraisals
08-29-02 10:03 PM
Mickjagger1963 Hey... Its got half of the postacrds... w/ one pocket for both records ... vinyl in good shape....foldover flap....I thought sticky fingers would be worth more
08-29-02 10:41 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Mickjagger1963 wrote:
Hey... Its got half of the postacrds... w/ one pocket for both records ... vinyl in good shape....foldover flap....I thought sticky fingers would be worth more

There's lots of them. Millions. A decent one with the cover intact might go higher in a big city, and they are appreciating - nowhere near as common as they once were. There ARE copies that are worth loads - the mono and stereo white label promos are, I think, going these days for two visits to a top notch hooker, a POUND of gage, and a case of Tanqueray. But stock copies, yeah, 15 bucks.

You can always check E-bay to get a rough idea of what records are genuinely selling for on the market today.

Of course, Sticky Fingers' and Exile's TRUE value on vinyl is absolutely incalculable because the music contained thereon is going to sustain you for the rest of your life and is therefore not quite as good as a bottomless bag but is pretty close.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
08-29-02 11:55 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
wow, Gypoff, still have issues?

I wasn't bitching, you piece of shit. You were crying and bitching because your so called "favorite" band wasn't doing what YOU wanted them to do, you.

Get a life, get over it, get a job, get a haircut, and go fuck yourself. It's as simple as that.

---------I just hate a hypocrite! Got a life! Got a job! Don't need a haircut! And the latter I think maybe physically impossible.....Only someone who rails at a mainstream radio station in 2002 for not playing The Rolling Stones needs to get a life...Oh! and when you've got a moment do tell me how one fucks ones self, I shall be agog!-Eleven year old(pots and kettles!!)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road