ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remastered Bastard Return to archive
08-28-02 07:30 AM
beer Ok everyone, can somebody please hook me up with a copy of Mickboys Goats Head Soup and/or Let it Bleed Remasters? And if this is not possible, could you at least tease me by telling me how great they sound and what the bonus tracks are?
I've heard great things about Mickboys Goats Head Soup and I'd love to hear it if anyone can help. Thank ya, thank ya very much.
08-28-02 11:54 AM
Lazy Bones Actual titles are Dancing So Free (GHS) and Get What You Need (LIB). I received my copies last night...sorry, no burner! I don't recall actual tracklistings, but I do remember (aside from alt takes on tracks that made the album): Separately (inst), Criss Cross and Tops (inst) from DSF; and Jiving Sister Fanny from GWYN. In general, quality is EXC with very few exceptions.
Upon review, I can provide actual tracklistings.
08-28-02 01:13 PM
padre I'd love to help, but my burner's fucked up, so no can do. Hopefully you'll get your copies. They rule.
08-28-02 03:15 PM
thunders I'd love to hear this.PLEASE PLEASE!!
08-28-02 09:27 PM
2120SMA Mickboy only makes 250 copies and I'm sure his latest releases are gone. If beer and thunders want to send me blanks and self addressed envelope with postage, I will burn both titles for them.

Enjoy, 2120SMA

08-29-02 12:06 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
beer wrote:
what the bonus tracks are?

GET WHAT YOU NEED (Let It Bleed)
9 original tracks remastered
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter (audio USA promo)
Country Honk (alt)
Jiving Sister Fanny
You Got The Silver (Jagger on vocals)
Gimme Shelter (alt)
Love In Vain (live, Ed Sullivan)
I Don't Know Why
YCAGWYW (alt)
Honky Tonk Women (alt)

DANCING SO FREE (Goats Head Soup)
10 originals remastered
Criss Cross
Angie (from video soundtrack)
Separately (inst)
Winter (alt)
Tops (inst)
Dancing With Mr.D (from video soundtrack)
Silver Train

I've now had an opportunity to listen to both. Personally, I prefer Get What You Need. Quality is insane!
08-29-02 07:22 PM
Demonlife [quote]2120SMA wrote:
Mickboy only makes 250 copies and I'm sure his latest releases are gone. If beer and thunders want to send me blanks and self addressed envelope with postage, I will burn both titles for them.

Only 250 copies?? I have got to hear a copy of Dancing So Free - always thought that GHS was unfairly maligned, partly because the recording is so murky - even with the Virgin remaster the clarity is abismal compared to SF, BB, LIB and even Exile. Anyone have the Mickboy Exile remaster? Any improvement re: instrument separation and clarity?

Thanks,

DL
08-29-02 07:36 PM
beer Hey 2120SMA, I just sent you an email.

-

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road