ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You�re blues John! Return to archive
08-24-02 05:54 PM
Sportin� Ed I�ve just watched the Rock n Roll Circus video... That song "Something Better" with Marianne Faithfull is so beautiful... I think the whole tape is fab... Oh yeah I�m loaded... I feel so good... STROKE ME BILLY!!!
08-24-02 08:38 PM
F505 Yeah, what about Yer Blues...

feeling lonely wanna die
08-24-02 11:31 PM
Martha Sportin' Ed..

I just watched it myself (again)...can't see it often enough...It is great..every shot wonderful and the sound...superb, when I pump it through the stereo it is INCREDIBLE.

"Yer Blues" particularly blows me away...

"wanna die"

In Rock and Roll heaven

martha
08-25-02 08:29 AM
corgi37 Circus also has a brilliant version of sympathy. That version and the hyde park style is how it should be done now, not the overblown psuedo disco number its become. I used to adore that song, but i hope they drop it for this tour if they are going to do the same arrangement they've been using since 89. How about they get a 100 percussionists to wander around the crowd during the song?
08-26-02 10:54 AM
Soul Survivor I always thought the thing with Winston and Michael was kind of corny. But "Yer Blues" was awesome. It's a waste they had to have Yoko in there
08-30-02 09:34 AM
dkmonroe Yeah, Yer Blues is great, but what about that crappy Whole Lotta Yoko? It makes me nuts every time I watch or hear it, because I want to hear the band play (even the weird fiddle guy) but I can't take Yoko's caterwauling.

I wish that ABKCO would put this out on DVD with an option to mute Yoko. Just Yoko.

I just LOVE Jumping Jack Flash on the Circus program. I think the slow, snaky tempo fits the song perfectly. No Expectations is fantastic too. It's nice to be able to actually see and hear Brian playing something.
08-30-02 09:45 AM
Jumacfly Agree, Yoko s shouting like a pig on whole lotta yoko!!!
but the circus is a great show.
yer blues, and also the beautiful "parachute woman" and also, the Who (Joey??? )) and Marianne (Alex , remember "as tits go by")....well, that s great.

cheers
08-30-02 01:52 PM
bez85 does anyone know who any of the backing musicians are in the Marianne Faithful song? are any of them any stones?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road