ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rattlesnake inn and gazza Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th August 2007 02:57 PM
dirtyden ok gazza unpack the case tomorrow......we all want to know the gossip....did you really meet anita ???
27th August 2007 03:10 PM
Gazza No. I didnt say that I did. Just saw her getting her dinner etc. A hello from Charlie (for the 3rd time this summer in 3 different countries..LOL) and a nod from Jade on my way back from the crapper, and that was it. I didnt really want to bother anyone, it was just nice to watch everyone go in and out.

Saw most of the backing musicians and various kids and assorted family members

L'wren Scott is the tallest woman I've ever seen in my life, then again women's basketball isnt popular here. She walked right past me with about 6-7 other people and absolutely towered over every one of them. It was like something out of Gulliver's Travels. What is she - 6'4? And she was wearing flat shoes!

The legend that is Rockman (from Down Under) got to meet Anita though - and later on, Keith himself.

Rockman is so cool that he has got compilation cdrs to Keith in the past (did so again this week). Keith even thanked him for it from the stage at one of the Aussie Voodoo Lounge shows. Keith's bodyguard even told him that after Keith got his CDR the other night, they were listening to it in the car on the way back to the hotel.
27th August 2007 03:17 PM
Mikey how did you gain Access?
27th August 2007 03:20 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Mikey wrote:
how did you gain Access?

money and sex
27th August 2007 03:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
a nod from Jade on my way back from the crapper

was your fly down?
27th August 2007 03:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mikey wrote:
how did you gain Access?

Paulywaul and Beast had 4 passes for Tuesday and Sunday's shows (Pauly had made some contacts as he bought some of Ronnie's artwork and one guy provided him with passes) and they very kindly offered me one when we were in Madrid.

I actually turned it down at first as I felt a bit bad about accepting it when sitting with two other people who werent getting in, but I was talked around....

I'd something similar in Paris in 1995, although it wasnt called the Rattlesnake Inn back then....plus myself and a few fellow attendees were bestowed VIP passes for Twickers #2 and Glasgow last year which was also very nice.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th August 2007 03:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

was your fly down?

That's inspired...LOL
27th August 2007 03:26 PM
gimmekeef Gazza...?...so you thought it rude to complain about the prices and setlists then?....Afraid of getting L'Wrens jackboots?....lol...glad you got in ...hope you had a blast...Charlie is gotta be the coolest of em all....
27th August 2007 04:09 PM
fireontheplatter i would like to know what was on the dinner menu and what kinds of drinks were being drunk??
27th August 2007 04:33 PM
oldkr did they have the organic lamb?

and did you look up as l'wren towered over you ala gullivers travels?

OLDKR
27th August 2007 04:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
did they have the organic lamb?

and did you look up as l'wren towered over you ala gullivers travels?

OLDKR

funny

27th August 2007 04:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
did they have the organic lamb?

They did! I did have to get some of the shepherd's pie of course.....and the tip of the tongue off that cake!

quote:
oldkr wrote:and did you look up as l'wren towered over you ala gullivers travels?

OLDKR

LOL...I was sitting on a high chair and she was STILL taller.....!
27th August 2007 05:20 PM
glencar Does Anita talk? The one time I saw her (in Vegas 2002) she looked quite trippy & very fragile.
27th August 2007 05:30 PM
Joey " .. The one time I saw her (in Vegas 2002) she looked quite trippy & very fragile. "

27th August 2007 05:32 PM
glencar More fragile than that!
27th August 2007 05:32 PM
glencar BTW Why did Nicole richie only get 82 minutes in jail? Reverse racism?
27th August 2007 05:39 PM
Joey " BTW Why did Nicole richie only get 82 minutes in jail? Reverse racism? "

27th August 2007 05:39 PM
angee Good on you, Gazza, and Rockman, yay!

I bet that tip o the tongue tasted quite delicious, eh?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience for us. We can remove our
hands and noses plastered to the window.

27th August 2007 05:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Why did Nicole richie only get 82 minutes in jail? Reverse racism?

no
it was because the jails are overcrouded in so cal.

at least that is what cnn reported.

27th August 2007 05:57 PM
Jumping Jack Nothing like a little pie backstage at the Stones!!! You are a lucky fellow, LOL!
27th August 2007 06:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Nothing like a little pie backstage at the Stones!!!

Indeed. Sadly though, it wasn't Jade's.....
27th August 2007 06:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
27th August 2007 06:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I have faith that you would of "busted the crust"
27th August 2007 08:57 PM
glencar Is Jade single these days?
27th August 2007 09:16 PM
Daethgod Hey Gazz

Rockman got those CDs to Keef during the Licks show in Melb

i was at the gig, and night 2 Keef thanked him during his set

Go Rockman !
27th August 2007 09:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Jade single these days?

As of last night, no....
27th August 2007 11:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i would like to know what was on the dinner menu and what kinds of drinks were being drunk??

There wasnt a menu, but a buffet. There was a huge and very diverse spread of food. You just helped yourself.

Drinks? They had a bar and you just ordered what you want.

All gratis of course.
[Edited by Gazza]
28th August 2007 06:02 AM
Jumping Jack The Rattlesnake is like getting stopped by a cop when you are really pissed and trying to act like everything is OK. All I could think of is be cool and don't make a fool of yourself. I was feeling very good coming out of the pre-party and had no idea what the hand of fate had in store at Churchill Downs, but a random act of kindness by Mr. Cohl and poof, there we were. All the temptations including excellent food, open bar, and dozens of interesting people. One part of me says hell yes, let's get this party going and the other part of me says, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fuck up and get thrown out, LOL. I must say I had a helluva time and behaved like an angel, albiet a drunken and stuffed angel, LOL!

Congrats Gazza, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving gentlemen. Stones karma works in mysterious ways.
28th August 2007 06:51 AM
dirtyden Thanks for sharing your experience with us juming jack.....any other rocks off members at the rattlesnake inn ??
28th August 2007 07:30 AM
glencar I ended up at the Rattlesnake Inn in 2002 at Las Vegas. I think so, anyway. I was kinda trashed! I played it cool like JJF says but Blondie Chaplin acted like a fool.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)