ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "the world's greatest living guitarist" Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th August 2007 08:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Feliciano: First English Language Album In Over A Decade
Jazz News
August 26,2007

After an outpouring of recognition for Jose Feliciano in 2006 - including an honor at the Kennedy Center, the most-played holiday song in the country, and a highly praised Spanish-language duets record - the legendary bi-cultural guitarist is thanking fans by fulfilling their request for a new English language album.

This October, Soundtrax Of My Life, Feliciano's first album of original English-language songs in over a decade will be released by Hip-O/Universal. The six-time Grammy-winner looks at issues facing the world at large, and those that hit closer to home. Through songs like "She's in my Blood", "Queen of My Heart", "While You Sleep", "Just Dad", and the first single, "Baker's Thing" Feliciano examines light-hearted and fun-loving moments shared by families, and more deep-seeded, introspective appreciations of the ones we love. In keeping with long-standing beliefs in the pursuit of peaceful resolutions to world conflict, the album presents Jose's reminder that in the post 9/11 world, "Killing's Not the Answer".

Last year's Spanish-language Feliciano y Amigos and the upcoming Soundtrax of My Life, reminds us of Jose's trailblazing role as a bi-cultural musician. Though many years since he became the first Latin artist to crossover to a mainstream audience (opening doors for today's bi-lingual Latin stars), Feliciano is again demonstrating his ability to captivate music fans in both English and Spanish.

Deemed "the world's greatest living guitarist" by music critics, and heralded by today's top Latin artists like Daddy Yankee (who recently paid tribute to Jose as "one of my idols. He's the past, the present, and the future"), Feliciano is that rare musician who can create engaging new music, and enthrall audiences in two languages - more than five-decades since first stepping upon the public stage.

Feliciano just returned from tour, performing to full houses throughout, including London, Milan, Dublin, Tel Aviv, and Madrid. Soundtrax of My Life will be in stores in October, 2007.
26th August 2007 08:55 PM
mrhipfl RY COODER
26th August 2007 09:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
RY COODER

JOE WALSH?

26th August 2007 09:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Deemed "the world's greatest living guitarist" by music critics<

I'm going to have to plead ignorance on this one. I'm not familiar with any of his stuff besides that Christmas song.
26th August 2007 09:19 PM
mojoman jeff beck?
26th August 2007 09:31 PM
fireontheplatter al dimeola
26th August 2007 09:43 PM
Glimmer Twin Eric Clapton
26th August 2007 10:19 PM
Dan Tony Iommi
26th August 2007 10:35 PM
Bloozehound your all wrong...

it's Esteban

26th August 2007 11:13 PM
guitarman53 Depending on what field of music it is, Eric Clapton/Jimi Hendrix for rock, I can't choose either one, to hard of a decision.
For classical guitar Christopher Parkening for sure.
26th August 2007 11:20 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
your all wrong...

it's Esteban

LOL Classic!! First guitar I ever bought was an Esteban guitar. I got a guitar, gig bag, extra strings, picks, amp, chord, dvd lessons, poster, strap, and a book all for less than $200. I sent it back after playing with it for 2 days and decided to get a real guitar.
27th August 2007 09:30 AM
gimmekeef How can you possibly definitively say?..Its pure subjectivity....For all we know theres a guy in Africa we've never heard that would blow our socks off...I think you have to break it down by genre...Rock/Blues/Jazz/Country/Classical etc
27th August 2007 10:29 AM
MrPleasant I am the world's greatest guitar player. I may be THE SHIT, but that article was SHIT!
27th August 2007 10:40 AM
Barney Fife I saw José Feliciano play The Venetian Room at the Fairmont hotel in Dallas in about 1983 or '84 and he was very impressive.

I also saw Joe Pass, BB King and Ella FitzGerald at that same venue on different nights.

27th August 2007 10:42 AM
Bovine49
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
Eric Clapton

quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Depending on what field of music it is, Eric Clapton/Jimi Hendrix for rock, I can't choose either one, to hard of a decision.
For classical guitar Christopher Parkening for sure.

Clapton sucks....and he's an asshole too!
27th August 2007 10:42 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
I saw José Feliciano play The Venetian Room at the Fairmont hotel in Dallas in about 1983 or '84 and he was very impressive.

I also saw Joe Pass, BB King and Ella FitzGerald at that same venue on different nights.

Did you take Aunt Bee..or was it a guys night out with Andy/Goober/Floyd..hope you didnt get stuck with Otis' bar tab....
27th August 2007 11:23 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Did you take Aunt Bee..or was it a guys night out with Andy/Goober/Floyd..hope you didnt get stuck with Otis' bar tab....

I think I took Thelma Lou and if I recall correctly, she didn't even give me a blowjob!
27th August 2007 11:33 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

I think I took Thelma Lou and if I recall correctly, she didn't even give me a blowjob!

Well ditch the dopey cop hat...and let your Jagger lookalike features work for you man!
27th August 2007 11:35 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Well ditch the dopey cop hat...and let your Jagger lookalike features work for you man!

Many women like a man in uniform. Besides, Keith is a lot better looking than Mickey Jaguar.

27th August 2007 11:37 AM
Jumacfly I tend to think that flamenco guitarists are the best technicians and got a huge huge feeling...enjoy!!!

27th August 2007 11:50 AM
Joey

From a VH1 ' Artists ' Poll a few years ago :

10. Mark Knophler
9. Pete Townshend
8. B.B. King
7. Carlos Santana
6. Van Halen
5. Brian May
4. J. Page
3. Slash
2. Eric clapton
1. Jimi

J.
27th August 2007 12:07 PM
mrhipfl

CUCHI-CUCHI
27th August 2007 12:20 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

From a VH1 ' Artists ' Poll a few years ago :

10. Mark Knophler
9. Pete Townshend
8. B.B. King
7. Carlos Santana
6. Van Halen
5. Brian May
4. J. Page
3. Slash
2. Eric clapton
1. Jimi

J.

slash?

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
27th August 2007 12:20 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th August 2007 12:30 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
mojoman wrote:

slash?

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

Woah, woah WOAH!!! You got beef with slash?
27th August 2007 12:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Woah, woah WOAH!!! You got beef with slash?

where's the beef?
27th August 2007 02:01 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

where's the beef?

The force is STRONG with this one !!!

27th August 2007 03:23 PM
Saint Sway
27th August 2007 03:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
RY COODER

My personal favourite and has been for about 25 years.
27th August 2007 03:51 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

My personal favourite and has been for about 25 years.

I met him at a jazz show in Zurich a couple of days after the Stones show!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)