ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman playing with the Stones does not mean it's over Return to archive
26th August 2007 02:14 PM
Poison Dart People, calm down.

Even if (a big if at that)Bill Wyman joins the Stones on stage tonight it means nothing.

This is the end of the "A Bigger Bang" tour. Nothing more nothing less.

There are already rumors of the Stones playing the States next April. Plus, didn't Mick recently do an interview in Belgium where he commented on future Stones tours?

I don't doubt that this is the last multi year/never ending tour, but that could be a good thing.

Maybe the Stones get in the studio (with a legit producer)and create that kick ass late in their career album (think Johnny Cash/Rick Rubin) that we all know they have left in them.

The next time around won't be on such a grand scale,but there will be a next time.

So relax and enjoy the show tonight.

Let's hope Bill Wyman takes the stage (still can't get use to the Stones as a 4 piece)and the Stones close out the MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR IN MUSIC HISTORY on a high note.

Many thanks to the MIGHTY ROLLING STONES for the last two years of great shows and we will see you sometime between 2008 and 2010.

KEEP ON ROLLING!!!
26th August 2007 02:46 PM
fireontheplatter what makes people believe that is beyond me.

cause for celebration...i would say.
26th August 2007 02:54 PM
Martha
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what makes people believe that is beyond me.

It's just the first thought that came to my mind. He's most certainly there to celebrate though. :-)
26th August 2007 03:09 PM
steel driving hammer Wouldn't be fair for Dayrl since he's been working in the Engine room the whole tour.

Quite foolish actually.

26th August 2007 03:19 PM
Dan
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Wouldn't be fair for Dayrl since he's been working in the Engine room the whole tour.

Quite foolish actually.

How would it not be fair? I have been seeing ex members showing up to jam on a song or two for as long as I have been going to shows. It's totally a rock 'n' roll tradition.
26th August 2007 03:54 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Dan wrote:
It's totally a rock 'n' roll tradition.

Well maybe a song but not the whole the whole show.

But remember, Stones don't follow traditions, they go their own way.

Like in the 70's for example, they didn't follow/set new trends, they just simply went their own way.
26th August 2007 04:13 PM
Mr Jurkka Why would bill play this night?
26th August 2007 04:17 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Why would bill play this night?

He won't, people's minds are racing thinking tonights show will be their last.

Talk Is Cheap.
26th August 2007 04:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Maybe the Stones get in the studio (with a legit producer)and create that kick ass late in their career album (think Johnny Cash/Rick Rubin) that we all know they have left in them.

It won't happen, Keith can't write anymore and with Mick on charge we can only expect sappy ballads, Stones by the numbers rockers and the usual modern stuff. Honestly, I will be surprised if they release a new album again.
26th August 2007 04:34 PM
Some Guy It's a wrap.
26th August 2007 04:34 PM
guitarman53 The Original Rolling Stones have had Bill Wyman on Bass! ask Stu about the original band, Bill was always been the original Bass player, there's only 3 original Rolliung Stones & that's the way they are today.! Bill Wyman is missing.
26th August 2007 04:38 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It won't happen, Keith can't write anymore and with Mick on charge we can only expect sappy ballads, Stones by the numbers rockers and the usual modern stuff. Honestly, I will be surprised if they release a new album again.

I'm suprised to hear that from you!

You should know better!

From reading your posts all these years, it doesn't suit you to give up on the band like that.
26th August 2007 04:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:

I'm suprised to hear that from you!

You should know better!

From reading your posts all these years, it doesn't suit you to give up on the band like that.

Well, I still enjoy the current Stones and the bigger bang DVD is great but the people expecting a later day classic album after 26+ years of the last one is unreal.
26th August 2007 05:39 PM
Poison Dart I still think the Stones could put out a great album. Granted, I don't think they are ever going to make another Sticky Fingers or Exile, but a latter day high quality album is very much within the realm of possibility.

They need to stop worrying about getting on the radio (Streets of Love)and make a no nonsense blues/rock album.

It can be done.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
26th August 2007 05:47 PM
glencar The Jagger solo greatest hitz comes out Oct.2nd. I will buy it!
26th August 2007 05:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Jagger solo greatest hitz comes out Oct.2nd. I will buy it!

me too
what is the track listing again?
26th August 2007 06:16 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Jagger solo greatest hitz comes out Oct.2nd. I will buy it!

I can't wait to hear his new song.
26th August 2007 07:23 PM
BONOISLOVE Britney, WE LOVE YA!
26th August 2007 07:35 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
Wouldn't be fair for Dayrl since he's been working in the Engine room the whole tour.

Quite foolish actually.

Oh I think Dayrl would understand. But Bill has not jammed in a while and would not be in sinque. But it would be great if he got on stage for a number or two.

God i love this band, they're the greatest. I do suspect it's finally over for the most part.
26th August 2007 11:40 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what makes people believe that is beyond me.

I think that what makes people believe that if Wyman plays it's the final Stones show is the fact that Wyman has said that he would only consider playing with the Stones again at their final concert.
27th August 2007 01:35 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I think that what makes people believe that if Wyman plays it's the final Stones show is the fact that Wyman has said that he would only consider playing with the Stones again at their final concert.

ooooooohhhhhh.....someone shoulda explained that earlier!!
That explains all the panic and Xanax consumption!
27th August 2007 09:24 AM
Nasty Habits Thanks, BJ - I was wondering what the hell everybody was on about. Other than forgetting to take their MFing STONEZAC.

I would think that the only thing that Wyman playing with the Stones would indicate was that hell had frozen over.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)