ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Philly 1989 Stones Show Story Return to archive
25th August 2007 04:40 PM
pdog I got an email from an old friend, he wrote me back reminding me about this night. This was the 2nd or third show in Philly. I went to the 1st show already and went back up again... This is what he wrote me, I don't remember any of this...

"bearing in mind that I don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, and it's so much better when I am animatedly waving my arms around and throwing numerous vocal inflections... so my friend paul, and I, caught a ride to the philly coliseum with this girl wendy. we had procured a sheet of some of that kick ass grateful dead acid from a friend who travelled with the dead. we had no tickets, but we had the dope, so we wandered around the parking lot saying "psst, hey buddy..." I was wearing a shirt that said "dope, guns, and fucking in the streets" and we sold a lot of acid. apparently there was fake shit going around and we were the only real deal in town. as the night progressed, several people walked up to us, there eyes wide, with nothing but pupils showing, thanking us in that hazy LSD voice, at some point, the outside crowd swelled up and stormed the gates. paul and I followed suit and with two cops on horses galloping toward the crowd, we hit the gates with a mad scramble. halfway up the iron bars, I felt a shudder and looked down to see both horses, with cops atop, screech to a halt sideways banging their rumps into the steel. we got inside and cassually found our way into the arena to watch the last 15 minutes of the show. after the show, back in the parking lot, someone offered me $30 for my shirt. I ended up riding back to jersey topless."
25th August 2007 04:52 PM
fireontheplatter that is aweful scary

here is something even scarier

me and my brother drove a solid 13 hours from ny to raliegh nc to a stones show [steel wheels]...we figured we would grab beers when we got near to the stadium..IT TURNED OUT TO BE A DRY COUNTY!!!

25th August 2007 04:56 PM
pdog nothing scary, we got alot of people trippin' balls that night. Good clean lsd and we sold hits for like $3 or $5... I 'm just concerned with my memory, I wonder how much other stuff I've forgotten...
25th August 2007 05:54 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
nothing scary, we got alot of people trippin' balls that night. Good clean lsd and we sold hits for like $3 or $5... I 'm just concerned with my memory, I wonder how much other stuff I've forgotten...

TWO OF MY FRIENDS GOT STONES TATTOO'S FROM BUFFY THE NIGHT BEFORE THE VET OPENER
25th August 2007 06:00 PM
Lord (Hetero)
quote:
pdog wrote:
nothing scary, we got alot of people trippin' balls that night. Good clean lsd and we sold hits for like $3 or $5... I 'm just concerned with my memory, I wonder how much other stuff I've forgotten...

LOL, your past --> prsent journey sounds very much like mine. I have noticed that in many other posts. Like something that grew from a whisper to a scream back then, and where I was forced to grow some balls and come clean. I "know" more people that know me, but that I have flat forgotten.people telling me stories about myself that I comepletly lost somewhere along the lines. I am trying to make new memories.
You're sort of a hero of mine anyway because you're a cabby. Right? I sling hash in restaurants. actually I have to admit that I really like cooking. coming up with all kinds of fancy cool creations. Anyway. P and Q's..
25th August 2007 06:02 PM
fireontheplatter pdogs a cabby?

i could use a "lift" about now
25th August 2007 06:07 PM
pdog SF Cabbie... Don't wanna work tonight. I did enjoy alot of time off this summer travelling, so it's timw to get the drunks around, help little old ladies get across town ect... It's the only job I ever really liked.... I need to bring it to the internet... Cams are just to expensive right now, but jeez that shit you hear and see in this city.
26th August 2007 01:08 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

SWIM didn't really enjoy the 2nd San Jose '99 show because he spent the whole evening anxiously waiting for the acid to kick in.
26th August 2007 08:23 AM
Steel Wheels That show was at Philadelphia's Veteran's Stadium. This town was in a frenzy for weeks.
26th August 2007 10:04 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
That show was at Philadelphia's Veteran's Stadium. This town was in a frenzy for weeks.

got to stadium at 10am to tailgate
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)