ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lennon on our boys, circa 1970 Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd August 2007 12:34 PM
Got Me Rockin If posted here before, I apologize.

Here is the link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sOF66KTRIxw&mode=related&search=

I tried to embed the video here, didn't work.
[Edited by Got Me Rockin]
22nd August 2007 12:41 PM
mrhipfl

I does take quite a lot of skill to embed.
22nd August 2007 12:45 PM
mrhipfl lol: "now in his old age..."
22nd August 2007 01:04 PM
the good Lennon was an asshole. His is jealous of the Stones because he knows they were a better rock and roll band than the beatles.
22nd August 2007 01:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:
Lennon was an asshole. His is jealous of the Stones because he knows they were a better rock and roll band than the beatles.

I agree with the first part. But I highly doubt he ever felt jealous of or inferior to the Stones.
22nd August 2007 01:36 PM
mrhipfl musically speaking, The Beatles wee ahead of the Stones hor sure.
22nd August 2007 01:45 PM
guitarman53 I think it goes back to a Interview Mick did before the Hyde Park concert, where if I can recall (it's in the Hyde Park video of the concert)he says the Beatles were not a live band, something to the extent that they probably were when they played in Hamburg, but weren't in Beatlemania period, & Lennon has always resented it.
I think Lennon was in a very screwed up state when he did that Rollin' Stone Interview, I remember reading it first time when it came out, I don't think he was jealous of the Stones, he was pissed off with everyone in general, a very angry resentful man, if you read the whole interview.
as for the Stones copying the Beatles, Keith said in his interview (same magazine in '71) that they were all going thru the same things at the time, there was one thing they didn't do, was break-up.
22nd August 2007 01:54 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
musically speaking, The Beatles wee ahead of the Stones hor sure.

For the first few years, sure.
22nd August 2007 03:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
musically speaking, The Beatles wee ahead of the Stones hor sure.

I guess that's all based on what you want to hear...point of fact...Yoko or not...the Beatles were done once the emphasis of music shifted to live performances...and the Stones were as much responsible for that shift as anyone...can anyone here really see the Beatles pulling off anything like this???...in 1969???...Ever???

22nd August 2007 03:27 PM
glencar Thank you, Fili, for adding a Stones video to this awful thread. Hearing a mumbling, stumbling dirtbag like Lennon was quite a drag.
22nd August 2007 03:36 PM
Fiji Joe And here's the direction the Beatles were heading...and this is long after the Stones and others changed the definition of rock n' roll...it's like comparing Up With People to Hendrix

22nd August 2007 03:37 PM
Starbuck come on. you're comparing apples to oranges.
22nd August 2007 03:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
come on. you're comparing apples to oranges.

No...I'm comparing rock n' roll to pop music
22nd August 2007 03:43 PM
glencar Or shit to gold...
22nd August 2007 03:57 PM
guitarman53 [quote]Fiji Joe wrote:
And here's the direction the Beatles were heading.
That's the direction McCartney was heading! he wasn't The Beatles, it's not a fair thing to say, because the other 3 were in no means this way, (going Pop) the Beatles weren't even a band in '69, they got together, & wished they were somewhere else, if you look at the "Let It Be" film, there's a part where George walks out of the recording session, because he got pissed off at Paul telling him how to play.
22nd August 2007 04:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
[quote]Fiji Joe wrote:
And here's the direction the Beatles were heading.
That's the direction McCartney was heading! he wasn't The Beatles, it's not a fair thing to say, because the other 3 were in no means this way, (going Pop) the Beatles weren't even a band in '69, they got together, & wished they were somewhere else, if you look at the "Let It Be" film, there's a part where George walks out of the recording session, because he got pissed off at Paul telling him how to play.

Not a fair thing to say?...Is it fair to say that without McCartney, the Beatles cease to exist?...And "not going pop""...they were largely a pop band to start with...the kings of that genre...that's my point...If that's the direction Mccartney was heading, well, he was taking the Beatles with him...I have no doubt that public opinion of them would have soured if they continued and churned out some of the crap both Mccartney and Lennon were churning out in the early 70s...Rock n' roll was changing...just having an electric guitar and drums wasn't gonna fool the new kids
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
22nd August 2007 04:35 PM
texile i love lennon - but he contradicted himself so many times...
he later professed love for miss you and emotional rescue, while in the same interview accusing jagger of being too old for rock and roll.
22nd August 2007 04:36 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
texile wrote:
while in the same interview accusing jagger of being too old for rock and roll.

Lennon was a rock n' roll nazi too?...figures
22nd August 2007 05:48 PM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I agree with the first part. But I highly doubt he ever felt jealous of or inferior to the Stones.

He was too arrogant to feel inferior, but read Goldman's book. He wished the beatles could get more of a rock sound.
[Edited by the good]
22nd August 2007 06:36 PM
fireontheplatter fag dancing?
to much hype?

what a dickhead comment.
22nd August 2007 07:51 PM
MrPleasant Lennon was into heroin at the time. He was in a fight with everyone, except with Ringo, Phil Spector and Yoko. His mental condition was poor and he released his first solo shit, including the single Cold Turkey. He was a genius and a violent individual.
In 1974 he drank like an elephant. He survived.
Although Tom Waits is probably the only musician (and, surprisingly: Neil Young - After The Golden Rush is mahvelous) who makes me cry nowadays, I still respect him for his contributions to popular culture. SCUM BAG! (Yoko's in the) SCUM BAG!
22nd August 2007 07:57 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
fag dancing?
to much hype?

what a dickhead comment.

Could you imagine him - or anyone, for that matter - even using the phrase "fag dancing" today? He'd have to go to rehab, like the actor Isiah Washington.
22nd August 2007 07:59 PM
gimmekeef Lets see where we are now....35 years later...Lennon was a brilliant piece of shit...Imagine how much more The Beatles would have accomplished if himself didnt get Yoko'd..Bitter man jealous of the Stones...he was spot on in some comments but history will show how the Stones thrived ?..Fuck...he couldnt get over Macca....
22nd August 2007 08:00 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Could you imagine him - or anyone, for that matter - even using the phrase "fag dancing" today? He'd have to go to rehab, like the actor Isiah Washington.

or three days of community service.
22nd August 2007 08:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Lets see where we are now....35 years later...Lennon was a brilliant piece of shit...Imagine how much more The Beatles would have accomplished if himself didnt get Yoko'd..Bitter man jealous of the Stones...he was spot on in some comments but history will show how the Stones thrived ?..Fuck...he couldnt get over Macca....

a brillient piece of shit?

are you saying john lennon could shit square and bend mettle with his bare hands?
22nd August 2007 08:08 PM
BONOISLOVE You people need to forgive him. We're talking about a 31 y/o interview, for the Bono's sake!

And, remember, he was "straight". And, as we all know, straight men don't use their brains for thinking!
22nd August 2007 08:31 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
You people need to forgive him. We're talking about a 31 y/o interview, for the Bono's sake!

And, remember, he was "straight". And, as we all know, straight men don't use their brains for thinking!

Fight like a man Starbuck
22nd August 2007 08:40 PM
texile again, i love lennon - but the man had many imperfections...and has become somewhat of a sacred cow...
i was watching the documetary, US vs john lennon, the other night and was amazed at how naive his politics were.
22nd August 2007 08:50 PM
batcave Lennon ripped everyone in that interview and the Beatles took the brunt of the insults.
22nd August 2007 08:50 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
texile wrote:
has become somewhat of a sacred cow...
i was watching the documetary, US vs john lennon, the other night and was amazed at how naive his politics were.

That's right. But it's not his fault. People love martyrs. He didn't want to be one. "(You'/We're) still fucking peasants as far as I can see". ("Mr. Peasant!")

Dylan survived. He's still alive; he's not sacred anymore (for me, at least).

Best,
The Smother Brothers.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)