ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
20th August 2007 05:22 PM
fireontheplatter the mud photos were fun to see because they are different. i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be my idea of fun paying that much money slip sliding around in someonelses piss.

wondereful shots of the surround grounds tho.

look forward to the london song lists.

go stones go.
20th August 2007 07:53 PM
GotToRollMe Nice pics Jaymze, Stray Cat UK, and Jinn!
20th August 2007 08:08 PM
Lord (Hetero) That "Goodbye Ireland" photo made me sad. because this time around I actually believe it is the last time for many places.
20th August 2007 11:02 PM
glencar
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
That "Goodbye Ireland" photo made me sad. because this time around I actually believe it is the last time for many places.

For sure. I definitely had the feeling that the end is near. I'd love for one more US tour but I think this 3 show London thing will be the last gasp, I really do.
20th August 2007 11:32 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
4. All Down The Line

5. DEAD FLOWERS!!!!!!!
(and just got to hear it too!!!)

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]

That was an awesome version. I loved that & I'll Go Crazy. Coulda skipped YCAGWYW.
21st August 2007 12:11 AM
pdog blue, where are you? what happened to slavegirl? are you going to london?
21st August 2007 03:30 AM
jaymze
quote:
glencar wrote:
For sure. I definitely had the feeling that the end is near. I'd love for one more US tour but I think this 3 show London thing will be the last gasp, I really do.

Yeah I really felt it was my last time too. Especially when the boys were waving goodbye. I really tried to see Mick, Charlie etc before they ran off stage as I felt I won't see them again. It is sad but then again they can't keep going forever.
21st August 2007 01:16 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
blue, where are you? what happened to slavegirl? are you going to london?

I'm home. I have no honest idea who slavegirl is but I believe she's hot?
21st August 2007 01:18 PM
glencar
quote:
jaymze wrote:

Yeah I really felt it was my last time too. Especially when the boys were waving goodbye. I really tried to see Mick, Charlie etc before they ran off stage as I felt I won't see them again. It is sad but then again they can't keep going forever.

Jaymze, I'm terribly sorry that I miseed you & Irelandcalling at Bruxelles. I did make it to that bar on Sunday night for a quick pint & it was a very nice place. I enjoyed the statue of Phil Lynott out front!
21st August 2007 01:28 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:

they'll be back to the States in 08...if all goes as planned.

Remember where you heard it first.

LJ.
21st August 2007 01:38 PM
glencar Let's hope so. Keith looked rough to me, quite frankly.
21st August 2007 01:39 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let's hope so. Keith looked rough to me, quite frankly.

It is my belief that HE is the question mark for the future.

Imagine that.

Not Charlie.

Keith!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
21st August 2007 01:40 PM
glencar I think his future is tenuous at best. His singing at the beginning of YGTS was rough although it improved as the set went along.
21st August 2007 02:21 PM
Poplar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Hey, P...you will need to come home (the East Coast) to see our Stones during the soon-to-be-announced US tour.

SV

yeah P? which flight we taking?
21st August 2007 05:02 PM
fireontheplatter [quote]The jinn, my friend. wrote:

i do believe this deserves to be a header picture. after all...how is it remotly possible for her to be on a muddy downslope full lit marlboro red in one hand and two full brews in the other without slippin away?

wonders never cease
21st August 2007 06:21 PM
Erik_Snow Back from Slane now
It was a very nice show - and Ronnie was the one who impressed me the most
Got a good position at 7th row, but moved back to...maybe 15th row..to a friend after Keiths set
Sorry I missed you at Slane, Gazza. It would have been great to meet you - tried to contact you the whole day. I had great company there though
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
22nd August 2007 03:49 AM
jaymze
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jaymze, I'm terribly sorry that I miseed you & Irelandcalling at Bruxelles. I did make it to that bar on Sunday night for a quick pint & it was a very nice place. I enjoyed the statue of Phil Lynott out front!

Glencar

Thats cool about friday night, I know what its like with flying in and delays and trying to keep various arrangements. We may meet again for a Stones show!

And yeah I like the statue too. Was in Dublin a few weeks ago and just came upon it by accident -had forgot all about the statue. On friday night (after a few bevvies!) another mate and myself felt the need to have various pic's taken with us trying to steal the bass from Phil!
22nd August 2007 03:52 AM
jaymze Got a nice suprise when I logged onto RO this morning and found one of my pic's from Slane as a header. Mick strutting as he delivers SFTD. I feel like a proud Papa.

Woo Woo!
[Edited by jaymze]
22nd August 2007 10:13 AM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
[quote]The jinn, my friend. wrote:

i do believe this deserves to be a header picture. after all...how is it remotly possible for her to be on a muddy downslope full lit marlboro red in one hand and two full brews in the other without slippin away?

wonders never cease

That mud was amazing. Entering the grounds, we could barely stop ourselves from sliding & I thought it was really tough. Down near the front of the stage, we were standing on cement & everything was fine. Then, leaving the grounds, it was up a slight incline but the mud was thicker than ever & "your man" could barely make it up. People must have thought I was trashed although I hadn't a drop to drink as I was leery of having to take a leak & lose my spot.
22nd August 2007 10:14 AM
glencar
quote:
jaymze wrote:

Glencar

Thats cool about friday night, I know what its like with flying in and delays and trying to keep various arrangements. We may meet again for a Stones show!

And yeah I like the statue too. Was in Dublin a few weeks ago and just came upon it by accident -had forgot all about the statue. On friday night (after a few bevvies!) another mate and myself felt the need to have various pic's taken with us trying to steal the bass from Phil!

You must come to NYC if they tour next spring. At the current exchange rate, you'll live like a king!
22nd August 2007 10:39 AM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey y'all! I'm back in NY & I'm exhausted! Sorry I missed the pre-party on Friday night but my flight was delayed by 3 hours & then I suffered pretty bad jet lag. I did make the concert but I went on the Gold Circle B side because I stopped to meet up with an old friend from Dublin. Once there, it was nigh impossible to get back to where I belonged. That MUD WAS UNBELIEVABLE! I thought getting into the venue was tough but then leaving was even tougher. A total slog.

The concert itself was quite delightful but I thought the crowd was a bit subdued. Not sure why. I loved the "Exile" songs plus that James Brown tribute was smashing;y good! The video I saw on youtube left me underwhelmed & it was quite a surprise to see just how tasty it was. Slane is a nice little town which I'd actually driven through in 2002 just because of the concert in 1982. We didn't arrive until 730PM so we only heard the last bit of Charlatans who were as good as last year.

I'm sorry I didn't get to pay DD for the ticky but I'll do it via paypal. I will NOT do a Tele! I was pretty tired getting off a really great Aer Lingus flight on the way home & now I'm stuck with @ 300 euros! I guess they'll come in handy later this year...

22nd August 2007 10:39 AM
glencar Puggy, I made it easy for ye...
22nd August 2007 10:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, I made it easy for ye...

thanks....other than the honest remark about the crowd, as well as pointing out the difference from seeing a recording to being there live (which I shall take into account), seems like a vanilla review....not any mention of the bands energy, quality of play, sound in the venue, etc. But thank you for not making me sift through 8 pages to find the review.
22nd August 2007 11:18 AM
glencar Well, I think I reposted the wrong post then. In short, I thought Mick's voice was as great as I've EVER heard it; I thought Ronnie's playing was the finest I've seen since 1981; Charlie was as delightful as ever; the rest were the usual...and Keith was a weak point. His singing going into his set was notably poor & there were times when he showed effects of his recent travails. But I'm very happy I went there. I was a bit tepid about the show before the fact (though not of the trip itself as Eire is a magical place!) and now I'm glad I went. The B-stage was the largest problem I had with the show as it's become nothing but a warhorses moment but that's not a new plaint from me. The highlights of the show for me were I'll Go Crazy (fine singing by both M & L), All Down The Line, Midnight Rambler (funkier, lierally) than ever!
22nd August 2007 11:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, I think I reposted the wrong post then. In short, I thought Mick's voice was as great as I've EVER heard it; I thought Ronnie's playing was the finest I've seen since 1981; Charlie was as delightful as ever; the rest were the usual...and Keith was a weak point. His singing going into his set was notably poor & there were times when he showed effects of his recent travails. But I'm very happy I went there. I was a bit tepid about the show before the fact (though not of the trip itself as Eire is a magical place!) and now I'm glad I went. The B-stage was the largest problem I had with the show as it's become nothing but a warhorses moment but that's not a new plaint from me. The highlights of the show for me were I'll Go Crazy (fine singing by both M & L), All Down The Line, Midnight Rambler (funkier, lierally) than ever!

Well put, I noticed similar things in the 2006 US shows. I even went as far to offer a public apology for Ronnie as I have been critical of his recent efforts. I can see myself posting the same review as a fan attending the show as well, I think we all tend to see things different from the outside. Nice to see we can have intelligent conversations.
22nd August 2007 11:30 AM
glencar Well, anytime someone drops personal attacks, I can correspond with them. Honestly, if you don't like what someone psots, don't respond. Believe me, it's higly effective. If I don't respect someone, I don't even read their posts. Life's too good to drag myself down with negativity.
22nd August 2007 11:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, anytime someone drops personal attacks, I can correspond with them. Honestly, if you don't like what someone psots, don't respond. Believe me, it's higly effective. If I don't respect someone, I don't even read their posts. Life's too good to drag myself down with negativity.

agreed, but remember, you posted that I should "return to Shidoobee" due to poor posting...its a knock on Doug's site and one me...I never solicited a response from you. You made it appear that you were coming to war with side with the poster I do not like. No hard feelings. Glad you enjoyed the show and lets enjoy ourselves here on ROcks Off.
22nd August 2007 11:50 AM
glencar Although I'm not as fond of Shiddoooobbbee as I am of RO, you shouldn't have read my comment as an attack on that site. Clearly, it's the one other site that you post at & if you were to stop posting here, you'd only be posting there. Please don't assume things & then assign them to me. Joshy NEVER did that!
22nd August 2007 11:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Although I'm not as fond of Shiddoooobbbee as I am of RO, you shouldn't have read my comment as an attack on that site. Clearly, it's the one other site that you post at & if you were to stop posting here, you'd only be posting there. Please don't assume things & then assign them to me. Joshy NEVER did that!

Thats why I'm not Joshy

I can see that you weren't as much making an attack, but I was pointing out that it kind of goes against your suggestion to me to just avoid posts that I don't like. You seem to not have agreed with my posts and replied knowing that it would draw a response. As I said, no hard feelings at all, and I look forward to continuing to post with you and share a cold one next time our paths cross.
22nd August 2007 12:02 PM
glencar You will have to come to NYC next time. I can't keep going to Chicago. It's too fecking cold!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)