ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© Jeep - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
19th August 2007 11:43 PM
GotToRollMe Some pics from BBC News Northern Ireland:

20th August 2007 06:05 AM
Stray Cat UK Gazza,
I've emailed you some pictures.One day I'll get the hang of all this technical stuff.

sc uk
20th August 2007 07:02 AM
Gazza Cheers mate. Got some from Jaymze too. Will upload them when I get home. For some mad reason, I decided to go into work today.

probably because what with the Slane trip and London from tomorrow, it'll be the only time I get to sleep in a ten day period...
[Edited by Gazza]
20th August 2007 07:51 AM
The jinn, my friend.

Panorama picture of Slane castle at the Rolling Stones concert, August 2007. Stitched together using Autostitch. Go to www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1180219139&size=o for the original 10MB picture
Shane O'Sullivan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the header!
TJ,MF.

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
20th August 2007 08:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey! Great big picture, can you find Gazza? LOL
20th August 2007 08:01 AM
egon
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
Go to www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1180219139&size=o

I feel like i'm there.... only dryer.
20th August 2007 08:21 AM
corgi37 Awesome reporting guys. Glad it was worth it for all concerned. It surely does sound a bit like an Irish Woodstock - without the nudity.
20th August 2007 08:43 AM
Stray Cat UK
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Awesome reporting guys. Glad it was worth it for all concerned. It surely does sound a bit like an Irish Woodstock - without the nudity.

I wasn't drunk enough. Saving the nudity for the O2.

IT'S WARM AND DRY !
20th August 2007 10:00 AM
open-g
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Awesome reporting guys. Glad it was worth it for all concerned. It surely does sound a bit like an Irish Woodstock - without the nudity.

[Edited by open-g]
20th August 2007 10:55 AM
Mel Belli Anyone catch the Hold Steady? If so, what'dya think?
20th August 2007 11:33 AM
Stray Cat UK Are they the ones from Brooklyn, N.Y. ?

I thought they were Green Day's dads !

sc uk
20th August 2007 12:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Anyone catch the Hold Steady? If so, what'dya think?

They weren't bad actually, Probably the best of the opening acts. Tiniwaren werent bad.
20th August 2007 01:04 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They weren't bad actually, Probably the best of the opening acts. Tiniwaren werent bad.

Nothing tops Toots and the Maytals.
20th August 2007 01:23 PM
Jeep From Flickr.com - Photos by Gzoladz

20th August 2007 01:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Nothing tops Toots and the Maytals.

Yeah, but they werent there unfortunately
20th August 2007 02:10 PM
open-g From Stonesforum.nl

20th August 2007 03:01 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

like the new Avatar, is that from Leeds 82' by any chance?
20th August 2007 03:18 PM
glencar Hey y'all! I'm back in NY & I'm exhausted! Sorry I missed the pre-party on Friday night but my flight was delayed by 3 hours & then I suffered pretty bad jet lag. I did make the concert but I went on the Gold Circle B side because I stopped to meet up with an old friend from Dublin. Once there, it was nigh impossible to get back to where I belonged. That MUD WAS UNBELIEVABLE! I thought getting into the venue was tough but then leaving was even tougher. A total slog.

The concert itself was quite delightful but I thought the crowd was a bit subdued. Not sure why. I loved the "Exile" songs plus that James Brown tribute was smashing;y good! The video I saw on youtube left me underwhelmed & it was quite a surprise to see just how tasty it was. Slane is a nice little town which I'd actually driven through in 2002 just because of the concert in 1982. We didn't arrive until 730PM so we only heard the last bit of Charlatans who were as good as last year.

I'm sorry I didn't get to pay DD for the ticky but I'll do it via paypal. I will NOT do a Tele! I was pretty tired getting off a really great Aer Lingus flight on the way home & now I'm stuck with @ 300 euros! I guess they'll come in handy later this year...

20th August 2007 03:20 PM
bootcover
quote:
open-g wrote:
From Stonesforum.nl

Those pictures are not from the Stonesgig, it's a different stage...
The pictures were posted before the gig just to show how many people can visit Slane.

Cheers, Marco (administrator Stonesforum.nl)
20th August 2007 03:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

In Copenhagen, they had a funny guy announcing them.
20th August 2007 03:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey y'all! I'm back in NY & I'm exhausted! Sorry I missed the pre-party on Friday night but my flight was delayed by 3 hours & then I suffered pretty bad jet lag. I did make the concert but I went on the Gold Circle B side because I stopped to meet up with an old friend from Dublin. Once there, it was nigh impossible to get back to where I belonged. That MUD WAS UNBELIEVABLE! I thought getting into the venue was tough but then leaving was even tougher. A total slog.

The concert itself was quite delightful but I thought the crowd was a bit subdued. Not sure why. I loved the "Exile" songs plus that James Brown tribute was smashing;y good! The video I saw on youtube left me underwhelmed & it was quite a surprise to see just how tasty it was. Slane is a nice little town which I'd actually driven through in 2002 just because of the concert in 1982. We didn't arrive until 730PM so we only heard the last bit of Charlatans who were as good as last year.

I'm sorry I didn't get to pay DD for the ticky but I'll do it via paypal. I will NOT do a Tele! I was pretty tired getting off a really great Aer Lingus flight on the way home & now I'm stuck with @ 300 euros! I guess they'll come in handy later this year...

Glad you had a good time. I told Denis you wouldnt do a 'Tele' (he didnt think so anyway). Sorry we missed you.
20th August 2007 03:39 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey y'all! I'm back in NY & I'm exhausted! Sorry I missed the pre-party on Friday night but my flight was delayed by 3 hours & then I suffered pretty bad jet lag. I did make the concert but I went on the Gold Circle B side because I stopped to meet up with an old friend from Dublin. Once there, it was nigh impossible to get back to where I belonged. That MUD WAS UNBELIEVABLE! I thought getting into the venue was tough but then leaving was even tougher. A total slog.

Please give the euros to me.
Gazza
quote:
bootcover wrote:

The pictures were posted before the gig just to show how many people can visit Slane.

I wondered why the front didnt look like the Golden Circle set up we had and the stage looked less wide!

Thats probably the stage for either u2 or the Chili's
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

like the new Avatar, is that from Leeds 82' by any chance?

NO! Slane '82!!
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Glad you had a good time. I told Denis you wouldnt do a 'Tele' (he didnt think so anyway). Sorry we missed you.

Yes, I apologize for missing everyone. I did buy someone a t-shirt though!
20th August 2007 04:03 PM
open-g
quote:
bootcover wrote:

Ooops, thanks for clearing that up, Marco.

sry.
20th August 2007 04:12 PM
Gazza From Jaymze :

20th August 2007 04:22 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat It seems that the FOS area was very large at Slane. Is that correct?
20th August 2007 04:35 PM
Stray Cat UK It was quite big,but more importantly it was absolutely packed ! Never seen a venue so full. I think the Irish must have different health & safety laws.

Interestingly ,when I went to check out the b stage before it filled up, I found I could walk around to the Golden B side !

sc uk
20th August 2007 05:11 PM
Gazza Stray Cat UK's pix !

Start Me Up

YCAGWYW

Tumbling Dice x 2

Wanna Hold You

Keith

Miss You

Keith on b-stage

Sympathy

Brown Sugar

Full bow

Goodbye Ireland!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)