ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Fan Club DVD? Return to archive
August 23rd, 2004 03:57 AM
UGot2Rollme I joined the stones fan club and was expecting to receive this... has anyone else? if so, is it any good??
August 23rd, 2004 07:56 AM
Gazza I'd imagine it'll be out around the same time as the tour!

Let's see - Charlie was diagnosed in June (and its a fair bet that the Stones management would have been aware of this soon after as it would have scuppered any short term plans the band had and caused them to delay any intended recording sessions and therefore a tour start) yet in the same month the fan club were still inviting fans to renew their fan club subscription from 1st July for a one year period (ie to 30.6.05) for $100 with the sweetener that you could apply for pre-sale tickets for shows, if any were announced (plus get that DVD of course).

Right now, I wouldn't say theres a strong likelihood the band will be on tour before that membership expires. Do you think they'll refund anything if they aren't? No, me neither, but then they did say "IF there are any shows", not "when".

As Johnny Rotten put it - "ever get the feeling you've been cheated"?

I didn't apply for the fan club membership myself as I don't see the point in doing so until shows are announced and what the arrangements are, by which time new members and those who re-joined a couple of months ago will be in the same boat re: ticket pre-sales. They'll need to come up with something special, let alone concrete, to get that amount of cash from me. Not for a DVD of old clips, and especially for a pre-sale that's WAY overpriced to begin with and which other artists often give for free.

I'd be interested to hear though if anyone got their DVD yet or heard anything in the post from rs.com, and if so, what it's like.
August 23rd, 2004 11:24 AM
Jumping Jack so greedy, greedy, greedy make me sick, sick, sick
August 23rd, 2004 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
so greedy, greedy, greedy make me sick, sick, sick

Hi Jumping Jack
August 23rd, 2004 11:36 AM
jb The fan club offers a wide variety of items for all real Stones fans. From club shows to premium arena seats, at prices that will fit any budget. In addition, the fan club offers behind the scenes access, video footage, and special
offers only available with fan club memebership. Thanks agsain to Mr. Cohl and the Stones organization for thinking of the fans and offering this to us again!!!
August 23rd, 2004 11:37 AM
Joey The fan club offers a wide variety of items for all real Stones fans. From club shows to premium arena seats, at prices that will fit any budget. In addition, the fan club offers behind the scenes access, video footage, and special
offers only available with fan club memebership. Thanks agsain ( sic ) to Mr. Cohl ( a Canadian Jew ) and the Stones organization for thinking of the fans and offering this to us again!!!
August 23rd, 2004 11:45 AM
jb You have really moved ahead of me on the post totals!!! I noticed another SS thread you did not hijack!!! You are in the words of Tina Turner "simply the best".
August 23rd, 2004 11:53 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You have really moved ahead of me on the post totals!!! I noticed another SS thread you did not hijack!!! You are in the words of Tina Turner "simply the best".

My Baby Josh ........................

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with my erect nipples .

You are much loved by The Joey !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky !
August 23rd, 2004 12:09 PM
glencar Joshy's quoting Tina Turner lyrics? Oy vey! We've turned the corner.
August 23rd, 2004 12:09 PM
glencar And I agree that the membership is a big fat cheat. Damn them Stones!
August 23rd, 2004 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy's quoting Tina Turner lyrics? Oy vey! We've turned the corner.

...did you just say , " Turn the Corner " ?!?!?!

www.HoweMilitary.com

August 23rd, 2004 10:01 PM
corgi37 Never joined last time, wont join next time. They wont tour here again, anyway. They fuck me? I fuck them back.

Hopefully some kind soul has joined, and put the dvd on the net for his peers to D/L for nix.

Take that, you old farts!
August 23rd, 2004 10:19 PM
cwatts0462 i didnt join last time and still went to roseland
for 75 bucks , screw the fan club