ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FILM/RARE VIDEO DOWNLOADS? Return to archive
August 20th, 2004 10:16 AM
CotchfordCat Does anyone know of any websites which offer downloads of Stones films or videos (in their entirety)?

I'm thinking specifically of Robert Frank's "Cocksucker Blues", the 1967 'trial of Oscar Wilde' promo for "We Love You" and the 1971 'Top Of The Pops' performance of "brown Sugar"; although info on any and all downloadable 'moving picture' media will be greatly appreciated.
August 22nd, 2004 06:01 AM
corgi37 My dear fellow, head over to kazaa, imesh, winmx - and get them off your peers.

Fucking hell, where have you been since this internet started?

Read the papers? Heard of Napster?

To quote Homer:

"They have computers on the internet, eh?"
August 22nd, 2004 02:03 PM
The Eggman No wait, Try SoulSeek

it's better, I found all that stuff and more
August 23rd, 2004 07:57 AM
CotchfordCat Thanks for that, Eggman. That's excellent.

Corgi37; Yes, sorry about that.
I do read the papers, yes, and I have heard of Napster; But they aren't too hot on bootleg videos.

Thanks, though.
August 23rd, 2004 12:27 PM
glencar I downloaded a video clip of a studio rehearsal of Loving Cup from kazaa back in the day. It sizzled. Unfortunately, so did my PC & I no longer participate in kazaa.
August 23rd, 2004 02:44 PM
FotiniD Kazaa sucks thanks to the trillion spyware stuff it loads on your PC. Winmx runs slow for me - got to give a try to Soulseek though, last time I used it the pc was on isdn!

DC++ is a good idea, i've found some gems in there - the only con is you have to have some good share size in order to connect to the good hubs. But that's easy enough. Just don't share your Windows folder and let someone steal your cookies
August 23rd, 2004 09:56 PM
corgi37 Imesh used to be fantastic. Got heaps of beaut COHF vids, but now its riddled with pop-ups that completely stall my system. I dont even bother with imesh anymore. I used to really love it, because you can preview mpegs before you actually finish downloading it. Came in handy if you dl a 50mg clip, and check it out at say 1mg, to find it's not at all what you wanted.

Winmx is great. There is so much good stuff. But, the only hassle is, i can never get it. I got heaps of stones stuff off it. Loving cup, brown sugar from TOTP, brown sugar from the 75 tour on the truck, 3 clips for SNL 78, Where the boys go, and about 350mg of a 450mg of the 76 tour, the abbatoir show. I dont know why it runs slow. For me, its fast as lightning. I downloaded 3 Alice Cooper songs last night in less than 5 minutes.

I've tried to get Stones hotter than hell 75, but its always in a cue, or off line.

One bad thing about winmx is i cant get any COHF clips. They are always in a cue. I'm strung out waiting for a new one!
August 23rd, 2004 10:26 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx for that info you guys
August 23rd, 2004 10:26 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx for that info you guys
August 24th, 2004 06:45 AM
egon kazaa suck, kazaalite however does not!!

the real lite version is hard to find nowaydays.
only kazaa is now allowed to issue a light version, for which (surprise surprise) you have to pay.

but i will email the free version to anyone who want's it...
August 24th, 2004 11:51 AM
CotchfordCat Hey! Doesn't the left-handed guitar player in that drawing look just like Keith!