ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm off to see the Woodman! Return to archive
August 20th, 2004 12:49 AM
T&A Just heard back from Bill German - I was among the lucky 5 to win the contest. And it just so happens the event in SF takes place on my 45th birthday (9/2)!

Yee-Haw!!!!!!
August 20th, 2004 12:55 AM
midnightmagic Congrats! I thought I answered quickly enough inside of ten minutes, How fast did you reply? tell me what you said for question 2 and 3.
August 20th, 2004 01:05 AM
T&A Actually - I don't recall how quickly I responded.

Answers for 2 & 3:

Now Look
Josephine
August 20th, 2004 01:15 AM
midnightmagic YUP- that's what I put- I should be there too. Maybe I will get the lucky e-mail too.
August 20th, 2004 01:56 AM
MarthaMyDear WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS, T&A!!! I didn't get
home 'til late that day so I didn't even attempt it...
lol........ You are so lucky and I am sure you will LOVE this
birthday!!! HAVE FUN and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BTW!!!
Can you take pix?!?!?! If you can, post them
here, ok., but enjoy the party, none-the-less!!! HAVE FUN!!!
CONGRATS AGAIN!!! I wish I could be there!!!
ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
August 20th, 2004 02:33 AM
FotiniD Well done T&A!!! We're all very jealous of you
Have fun and come back with a good report full with pictures, alright?
August 20th, 2004 03:24 AM
MarthaMyDear I am jealous... Fucker... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, have fun and
I know you will!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
August 20th, 2004 05:08 AM
Gazza well done, Tod, thats excellent

...and just think - if you meet Woody you can exchange stories about how staying in Ireland for several weeks at a time can seriously affect your liver!
August 20th, 2004 08:18 AM
luxury1 Way to go T&A!! good for you. (I live on the East Coast,so I didnt enter the contest, but I had all the answers too.)
By the way, I emailed Bill to tell him how grateful I was to finally see a contest where a REAL, TRUE fan can enter and win. I used to get so damn frustrated when non-fans would win tix/passes to see the Stones, and they would know absolutely nothing about the band/music.
Please report back .........
August 20th, 2004 09:14 AM
glencar Congrats, T&A. What were the questions?
August 20th, 2004 09:26 AM
glencar Found that at Shiddoobbee:

1) What song did Ronnie play with the Stones on May 1, 1975, on the back of a flatbed truck on Fifth Avenue?

2) What was Ronnie's second solo album titled?

3) On Ronnie's "Slide On This" solo album, which song is dedicated to his wife?
August 20th, 2004 10:29 AM
moy what a lucky guy your are congratulations
August 20th, 2004 10:59 AM
T&A Thanks for all the well-wishes, folks. I will do my utmost in reporting the facts and nothing but the facts. I will be taking my Stones-pal, Tim. Assuming I get to chat briefly with Ronnie - I will be interested to know if he remembers an encounter Tim and I had with him after the Boston Orpheum gig. We shook hands with him after the release party of Peter Wolf's Sleepless album later that night and got him started on a chant of "MVP, MVP, MVP..." which he enjoyed alot as he got into his limo with Jo. Doubt if he'll remember....

Gazza - an interesting suggestion! My liver is rebounding, however! I hope the same can be said for Woody's!

August 20th, 2004 11:22 AM
Factory Girl Have a blast, T&A. What a great B-day present.

"Live'r than you'll ever be" so to speak.
August 20th, 2004 11:56 PM
midnightmagic Yea yea yea I do not get to go. I answered them right with in 10 minutes and Bill e-mailed back after and said I was too late, Fuck! I would of been there in a minute.
August 21st, 2004 02:00 PM
Soldatti Congrat!
August 21st, 2004 03:46 PM
midnightmagic Well well well as an alternate I was invited to go. So I am off to meet Mr. Woods-

Thanks Bill German and look forward to meeting you too!
AND T&A