ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones-vocals on The Last Time? Return to archive
August 19th, 2004 06:41 PM
jasta James Karnbach is supposed to have written that Brian Jones shared vocals with Mick on early versions of The Last Time. What book has this information? It is not in It's Only Rock N Roll. Maybe a book called The First 20 Years?
August 20th, 2004 09:36 AM
CotchfordCat David Dalton's "First Twenty Years"?
I haven't actually read it, although I gather it is very reliable; so would suggest that if indeed it does make mention of Brian singing on 'The Last Time', that one could probably pretty safely take it to be true.
However; the fairly extensive list of titles which I HAVE read on The Stones contains no references AT ALL to Brian Jones performing vocals on ANY records.(Not even on the first LP, which, as far as I can find, is the only place where he is 'officially' credited as a vocalist.)
August 20th, 2004 10:31 AM
Mathijs On The Last Time it is very clearly Keith Richards doing back up vocals. Brian Jones sings back up on Walking the Dog and harmony vocals with Wyman and Richards on about half the other songs on the first albums. Brian used to "sing" (it actually more is screaming) during the first 2 years of live shows, like on "I'm Allright", and almost every other number he played harmonica on.

Mathijs