ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Robinson Cancels Tour, Fuels Crowes Reunion Rumors (NSC) Return to archive
August 18th, 2004 11:39 PM
GimmeExile BILLBOARD:

Chris Robinson Bags Fall Tour

Chris Robinson has canceled plans for a fall tour with his band New Earth Mud, amid growing speculation that he may re-team with his brother Rich under the Black Crowes moniker. As previously reported, the siblings have met recently with former manager Pete Angelus to discuss a potential reunion.

Angelus declined to comment, other than to say, "Keep your resin-covered fingers crossed."

Rich Robinson is prepping for the Aug. 24 release of his solo debut, "Paper," via his own Key Hole imprint. There's no word yet if he will tour in support of the set, in the wake of recently completed pre-release residencies in New York, Philadelphia and Boston.

Also foreshadowing a reunion is the recent reactivation of the Black Crowes' Web site, which has been largely dormant since the group announced a hiatus in 2002. The site hosts animation of two crow heads with lit joints in their mouths, as live Black Crowes audio clips play in the background.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
August 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
gypsy I read in US Weekly today that Kate Hudson has encouraged Chris to make peace w/ his brother Rich, because she wants to see the Black Crowes reunite. And now I read this? Hmmm...
August 19th, 2004 04:34 AM
padre I wonder if Kate will make the setlists of her favourite songs for the possible Crowes tour...and dress the band up with each costume celebrating their horoscope signs.
August 19th, 2004 07:25 AM
Factory Girl I'd like the Crows to reunite.
August 19th, 2004 07:53 AM
full moon YEAH!!!!!!!! Light em up..........
August 19th, 2004 09:43 AM
Make It Funky Not to sound redundant, but I totally agree with you dude. I for one can't wait to check out the Crowes live again.

Despite what Kate Hudson has to say, or waht stake she has in this, its' about the music... and if the Crowes can get backinto the studio and subsequently on the road by next spring... hey.. it'll be one great summer of concerts!

Cheers
August 19th, 2004 03:26 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
padre wrote:
I wonder if Kate will make the setlists of her favourite songs for the possible Crowes tour...and dress the band up with each costume celebrating their horoscope signs.

best spinal tap reference I've seen all day
August 19th, 2004 03:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Angelus declined to comment, other than to say, "Keep your resin-covered fingers crossed."

Rich Robinson is prepping for the Aug. 24 release of his solo debut, "Paper," via his own Key Hole imprint. There's no word yet if he will tour in support of the set, in the wake of recently completed pre-release residencies in New York, Philadelphia and Boston.

Rich has decided to tour this fall. He just announced the 1st few dates at his website. But that still leaves a possible Crowes reunion open down the road. Theres been a ton of rumors about an immenint reunion being reported. And you know the old saying: "Where theres smoke... theres the Black Crowes"

You know that people would love for them to hit the road again. And so long as there is the demand I'm sure it will happen. Plus it seems like Kate Hudson wears the pants in that family so I wouldnt be surprised.

meanwhile, check out Rich Robinsons upcoming album and tour dates at his website. If your a Stones fan or a classic rock fan then you'll really dig his record.

www.richrobinson.net